Nintendo discontinues use of Facebook and Twitter for Nintendo Account sign in, and opens Twitter accounts for Nintendo LatAm and Brasil.

nintendo-logo.large.jpg

Nintendo has announced today that it will no longer be possible to link a Facebook or Twitter account to connect to a user's Nintendo Account. The change will go into effect on October 25th, 2022.
They released a detailed FAQ under their Support page: "Discontinuation of the Use of Facebook or Twitter to Sign In to Your Nintendo Account", where they mention that, while the option to sign in with Facebook and Twitter will no longer be an option, the user can still log into their Nintendo Account by using either Google or Apple accounts. Nintendo also offers instructions about how to make the proper changes and adjustments to your Account to prepare for the upcoming change.

The reasoning behind the removal of said option is still unknown, but there are many speculations floating around as to why this might be.
This change will not affect receiving Friend Suggestions and posting screenshots/videos to Facebook and Twitter, that will continue as normal.

Aside from those news, Nintendo has also opened two new Twitter accounts, one for Latin America named @NintendoLatam, and another one for Nintendo Brasil named @NintendoBrasil.
Both account debuted on Twitter on September 20th, 2022, and it will surely be a great way of giving news about anything Nintendo to people from Latin America and Brasil.
The Brasil account might come as a weird decision, since Nintendo opted to end hardware distribution in Brasil back in 2015. However, the reasoning might be as simple as just offering a method of communication for people in Brasil due to the language difference between Brasil and the rest of Latin America.

:arrow: Source #1
:arrow: Source #2

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok I get you can't use those twitface accounts to log into your Nintendo account, but can you still post stuff to your twitface from your Switch or whatevs?
Not that I ever actually do so, just curious because it wasn't made clear.

• Haha
Reactions: Cris1997XX

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok I get you can't use those twitface accounts to log into your Nintendo account, but can you still post stuff to your twitface from your Switch or whatevs?
Not that I ever actually do so, just curious because it wasn't made clear.
That's what I was asking myself as well, but it seems like this is only for signing into your Nintendo Account.
From what I've read, posting to Twitter and Facebook from the Switch should still be possible if you're not banned yet.

Reactions: hippy dave

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe they did this because of the hidden web browser inside these functions?

I doubt that's the reason.
You can still share pics and other stuff to Facebook/Twitter, it's just the signing in with these two that will not be supported anymore.

Here's the quote from the Nintendo FAQ:

Will it still be possible to receive Nintendo Switch Friend Suggestions for people I know on Facebook and Twitter?​

Yes, you will still be able to receive Friend Suggestions for users in your social network by signing in to Facebook or Twitter on your Nintendo Switch system after selecting Friend Suggestions.

Will it still be possible to post screenshots and videos to Facebook and Twitter from my Nintendo Switch system?​

Yes, you will still be able to post media from your Nintendo Switch system’s Album by signing in to Facebook or Twitter on your system after selecting Post.

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
it's a small step but at least it's a step haha I wish at least the switch games were made here, every other console has games for ~250 reais at launch, but for nintendo it's always 350, 400, 450+

Reactions: ShadowOne333

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now, this is some news I can get behind. however, facebook marketplace is pretty damn good, far better than eBay. sold my white, OLED switch for $300 locally, with no charges., in less than a day I probably would've gotten like in the $230s-$240s from eBay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next