Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
OmegaVesko said:
SSFIV is a pretty good launch game IMO. They were also going to launch the eShop with the system, but they're taking the time to make it even more awesome/iron out the bugs/etc.

My issue with SSFIV 3D is that it launched at a significantly higher price than the superior console versions (which are honestly better) and hey, surprise surprise, Arcade Edition decided to be dropped a few months later. And I don't see an announcement of DLC for it yet for the 3DS.

Taking time, being lazy, it's the same thing nowadays, ain't it?

True, but when the original console versions came out, those were priced higher than the 3DS version, plus they didn't include the DLC, which for them, was purchased separately, increasing the price more.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
True, but when the original console versions came out, those were priced higher than the 3DS version, plus they didn't include the DLC, which for them, was purchased separately, increasing the price more.

SSFIV: Arcade Edition is launching at the same price as the 3DS version and features more content, better graphics, better controls, and better online.

SSFIV launched for $50 a few years ago. The 3DS version is $40 a year later while the original version of SSFIV is $30 ($20 used). It doesn't add up.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
KingVamp said:
So $10 more for portability and other junk? Sounds good to me.

Portability on a game that really only excels on being anchored to a WiFi access point? No thanks.

And if by "other stuff" you mean "less stuff than the same priced Arcade Edition", then yes.
Talking about the street pass/spot pass. Isn't like the wifi is bad. I can take it on car trips and stuff and play it on the go with myself or friend.
I think some people know how to connect there 3DS wifi to their phone or something like that.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Guild McCommunist said:
KingVamp said:
So $10 more for portability and other junk? Sounds good to me.

Portability on a game that really only excels on being anchored to a WiFi access point? No thanks.

And if by "other stuff" you mean "less stuff than the same priced Arcade Edition", then yes.

Talking about the street pass/spot pass. Isn't like the wifi is bad. I can take it on car trips and stuff and play it on the go with myself or friend.
I think some people know how to connect there 3DS wifi to their phone or something like that.

The odds of finding people with Street/SpotPass isn't exactly huge. The odds of finding people on Street/SpotPass who want to play SSFIV is even slimmer.

Playing single player isn't nearly as fun or rewarding as fighting real people. The only reason I'd keep doing single player is for unlockables. Otherwise, the game is basically focused on multiplayer. Most fighting games are.

If you think using your phone as a WiFi hotspot to play games on WiFi will work then you need some serious education.

inb4 OMG NOT ANOTHER GUILD/KINGVAMP ARGUMENT. I'll leave it here.

QUOTE(darkreaperofdreams @ Apr 29 2011, 01:44 AM)
AE is not out yet,so that's not an argument

Um, yes it is. It's not a myth, we know the release date (June 28th, I do believe), the content, and the price. It's completely valid.

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
To me, SSFIV was more of a game that showed off what the 3DS can do graphically. I wanted something to showcase what it can do and that's why I bought it. Also, I assumed it would last me for a while until at least Zelda comes out.

I didn't really care about getting it for another system because my DS and my PC are both my main gaming systems. SSFIV isn't even out for the PC yet so the 3DS version was my only choice.

And the PS3/360 versions doesn't seem to be THAT much cheaper. Only 10$ but yeah, im sure it's much better than the 3DS version.

Vigilante

TempLurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One probable cause of this is maybe because the only good launch game they have is Street Fighter 4
or maybe because there isn't a hack to allow people to play dumped roms.

Example:50% of the people will buy it as they are willing to buy all its game,while the other 50% will buy knowing that there is a hack where they can play games for free.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
The Arcade version is DLC priced at $15, adding to the price of the original SSFVI. Of course if you look at it from this point in time, you get more from the console version than the 3DS version for the same price now, but all those "early adopters" of the console version paid the $50 for their console version, plus however much the DLC cost (a few are free, but not all), and then the extra $15 to upgrade to the Arcade version.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vigilante said:
Example:50% of the people will buy it as they are willing to buy all its game,while the other 50% will buy knowing that there is a hack where they can play games for free.
thats the only reason why I bought a DSL

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Epic logic fail.

If they would have released just one of those super hyped games with it, then it would have sold like hot-cakes. Now everyone is either waiting for Zelda (or DoA) to launch, or until the holidays

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know why people think approximated component price mean the whole price and
that Nintendo get every cent back.

I didn't think the price is effecting it that much in the US.

Maybe some games and bad marketing.

I like how I read people buy like all games at one time.
laugh.gif
(not in this thread of course
tongue.gif
)

Wish I could do that.
dry.gif

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
KingVamp said:
I didn't know why people think approximated component price mean the whole price and
that Nintendo get every cent back.

I didn't think the price is effecting it that much in the US.

Maybe some games and bad marketing.

I like how I read people buy like all games at one time.
laugh.gif
(not in this thread of course
tongue.gif
)

Wish I could do that.
dry.gif
surely the price is not effecting that much.
bad marketing is the problem(also games too).
but wouldn't the sales gone high if the price of the console and the games were a bit low.
i mean buy a 3ds for 220$ and games for 15-25$.
i also know they will never every do so.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is would that be enough for a profit for the other end? Even some weak games( other words alright games) take time and money to make.

OK, I can give a little maybe $220 would be more of a acceptable, but I didn't really know how that will effect the other side.

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
KingVamp said:
The problem is would that be enough for a profit for the other end? Even some weak games( other words alright games) take time and money to make.

OK, I can give a little maybe $220 would be more of a acceptable, but I didn't really know how that will effect the other side.
it can effect the other side but,it would have been different if it would have been launched all over the world.
they are very weak in marketing.
in India nintendo never released Wii officially.
they may not like asia but there are many more countries in SA and Africa.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway +1