Nintendo 3DS Official USB Charger coming this September!

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure I would trust a $3.82 USB charger, cheap chargers tend to have some very sketchy internals (devoid of most or all safety components, lacking proper separation between AC and DC that could in a worst case scenario short and cause your 3DS and/or charger to catch on fire)
when i bought my GW some years ago there was a site in canada giving one free with order of a GW, ,i wonder if anyone here tried it
i ended up ordering from RHS i think

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

they actually already released nintendo branded sd card :creep:
i have one actually , 512 from the wii era can't remember how i acquired it though

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I don't blame nintendo for putting out an official one, I had a shitty USB charger cable that had some kind of bizzare problem with the charge; it made the touchscreen fail to properly register touches somehow. After depleting the charge from that cable and recharging with the AC cable, the problem went away. I've heard of others with this issue, seen youtube videos of it etc. And yes, I know there are GOOD USB chargers out there

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been using a USB charge cable for months, I charge my 3DS whenever I'm watching Netflix on my PS3. I had to order a new cable a few days ago because it developed a loose connection, but it lasted well over a year, not bad for £1.39 on eBay.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unless the mini-NES is actually charged by a 3DS charger.
It was confirmed a while back that the mini-NES uses microUSB for power... Either this thing is incompatible with the mini-NES, or simply isn't even a 3DS charger. (Or it could include some sort of adapter, but knowing Nintendo, that's pretty unlikely)

Last edited by YayMii,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It was confirmed a while back that the mini-NES uses microUSB for power... Either this thing is incompatible with the mini-NES, or simply isn't even a 3DS charger. (Or it could include some sort of adapter, but knowing Nintendo, that's pretty unlikely)
Sure it is just a standard USB charger and perhaps it comes with one USB to 3DS cable and a USB to microUSB cable.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

They're not going to include an AC adapter to plug the USB cable, or are they? I've got plenty of USB-to-AC adapters around but this is no reason for Nintendo to assume everyone has.

omega59

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I already have a USB charger cord never had an issue. Been using it for 3 years, even on a USB cord extension of 6 feet.
I got it free.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc