Hardware NINTENDO 3DS..confirmed by reggie!!!!

nintyfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rayder said:
I just happen to be blind in one eye......used to see with 20/10 in both eyes. After the accident in 1991, I have no lens or iris in my right eye, rendering me legally blind in that eye. I CAN see out of it, but there is no focus or light-filtering. A point of light appears to me like a meteor streaking from right to left with a short tail in that eye.

The DSi 3D demo would still work for me, but some magical screens that create a 3D illusion will not.

Just thought I'd elaborate on that a bit.

Yeah i had an accident and earned myself a cattaract
mad.gif
when the hospital removed the cloudy lens and fitted another lens i think they fitted one with incorrect focus. now im like short sighted in my bad eye and its partially offline, so i cant even get glasses to fis the focus otherwise i will have double vision all the time.

if the 3ds doesnt work for me it will be the first nintendo console/handheld i havent owned and i wont be happy lol

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GTAMAN1 said:
i watched avatar-it looked great, but the plot was awful, like a cheese on a toast. therefore it matters not the 3d, it matters the game. as long as i get bubble pop, i will be happy.
The plot was fine.

I'll be interested to see how much this starts to sell for. My vision is very good, so I'm hoping it will work well with me.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Personally , I am really mad at Nintendo for releasing the Game Boy Color.
In case you didn't know:
  • 1 in 12 people have some sort of color deficiency. About 8% of men and 0.4% of women in the US.
  • 0.38% of women are deuteranomalous (around 95% of all color deficient women).
  • 0.005% of the population are totally colour blind.
  • 0.003% of the population have tritanopia.
  • Protanomaly occurs in about 1% of males.
  • Deuteranomaly occurs in about 5% of males. It's the most common color deficiency.
  • Protanopia occurs in about 1% of males.
  • Deuteranopia occurs in about 1% of males.
QUOTE said:
Colour blindness is a condition, where the sufferer has diminished ability to perceive differences in colours. Colour blindness is almost never a complete absence of colour vision, where an individual is only able to see shades of grey. Red/green colour blindness is the most common form, attributing to 99 percent of the cases and it is most commonly an inherited condition. There is no treatment for colour blindness, nor is it usually the cause of any significant disability. However it can be frustrating to individuals affected by it. About 8 percent of males have some level of colour blindness and for female the corresponding percentage is 0.4. Colour blindness is diagnosed with the Ishihara colour test, which consists of a series of pictures of coloured spots. The test is most often used to diagnose red/green colour deficiencies. A figure of one or more Arabic digits is embedded in the picture as a number of spots in a slightly different colour and can bee seen with a normal colour vision, but not with a colour defect.
The whole problem started in the 50's when movies began to be in color.
I mean how disrespectful is our society toward color blind people ?
Why does technology have to evolve all the time and bring advanced and more affordable electronics in our lives !
After all, 1 in 12 people have some sort of color deficiency, what did Nintendo do about them so far ! It's disgusting !
Oh yeah , I forgot, color blind people can't recognize colors in real life either, it doesn't make any difference........
Oh , yeah, people with bad vision in on eye have trouble with depth perception in real life as well.....but wait, just like you can turn off the colors on your fancy TV, it's been reported ( but not officially confirmed ) the those new 3D screens will have an option to be switched to 2D anytime..
Oh, yeah, if you work for Sony or Microsoft don't bother calling Nintendo and ask them details and schematics about their secrets upcoming systems, all you will get is a lousy " While you have a couple of really good questions, we don't have access to the type of details you're inquiring about for the upcoming Nintendo 3DS. I will, however, add your concerns about how the 3D features may work for those with vision limitations to the record of feedback for this new system ".
That's just unacceptable.
And...
Saddamsdevil said:
I am most annoyed at the Nintendo representative apparently not being honest with you while you have real concerns.
Boo for Nintendo !
I mean companies spend millions of dollars to protect them self for industrial espionage, to prevent technology theft, why can't they just give informations over the phone ?
With all due respect to visually impaired people, this tread needs to be close for high stupidity.
Now really, why can't we just wait for the next upcoming E3 ( it's mot so far away )?
Stop whining already, every time there is something new coming out and we don't know much about it, people start crying and criticizing before even seeing a demo or a working prototype.

This is turning like the early Wii treads ( it was code named Revolution at the time ) , where people started whining and complaining that with their bad arms they couldn't hold the Wii remote pointing at the TV for hours of gameplay, before even holding one in their hands.
After everybody got the chance to try one, all the doubts were gone.
I am sure, by the time we will get our hands on the 3DS, we will understand.
After all, Nintendo is not that stupid.

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
Arm73 said:
Boo for Nintendo !
I mean companies spend millions of dollars to protect them self for industrial espionage, to prevent technology theft, why can't they just give informations over the phone ?
With all due respect to visually impaired people, this tread needs to be close for high stupidity.
Now really, why can't we just wait for the next upcoming E3 ( it's mot so far away )?
Stop whining already, every time there is something new coming out and we don't know much about it, people start crying and criticizing before even seeing a demo or a working prototype.

Start paying attention please. I mentioned this not even 4 posts away;

"On the other hand, they might be concerned about information leaking out. The 3d screens haven't been confirmed officially yet right?"

Plus, speculation never killed anyone. Why read the 3ds forums when you can't handle the fact that people WILL speculate about features? To obtain information that was released? Can't wait till the next upcoming E3?

EDIT: I got a suggestion for the thread starter. Try contacting a 3d tv manufacturer to see if you can get your answer there.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jerkoff response: Science will fix everyones eyes before 3ds usa release

I do feel very bad for those who won't be able to experience this, BUT I think the 3D push will push science toward pimpin' eye repair advances cause that's where the big cheddar cheese can be made

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Arm73 said:
Personally , I am really mad at Nintendo for releasing the Game Boy Color.
In case you didn't know:
  • 1 in 12 people have some sort of color deficiency. About 8% of men and 0.4% of women in the US.
  • 0.38% of women are deuteranomalous (around 95% of all color deficient women).
  • 0.005% of the population are totally colour blind.
  • 0.003% of the population have tritanopia.
  • Protanomaly occurs in about 1% of males.
  • Deuteranomaly occurs in about 5% of males. It's the most common color deficiency.
  • Protanopia occurs in about 1% of males.
  • Deuteranopia occurs in about 1% of males.
QUOTE said:
Colour blindness is a condition, where the sufferer has diminished ability to perceive differences in colours. Colour blindness is almost never a complete absence of colour vision, where an individual is only able to see shades of grey. Red/green colour blindness is the most common form, attributing to 99 percent of the cases and it is most commonly an inherited condition. There is no treatment for colour blindness, nor is it usually the cause of any significant disability. However it can be frustrating to individuals affected by it. About 8 percent of males have some level of colour blindness and for female the corresponding percentage is 0.4. Colour blindness is diagnosed with the Ishihara colour test, which consists of a series of pictures of coloured spots. The test is most often used to diagnose red/green colour deficiencies. A figure of one or more Arabic digits is embedded in the picture as a number of spots in a slightly different colour and can bee seen with a normal colour vision, but not with a colour defect.
The whole problem started in the 50's when movies began to be in color.
I mean how disrespectful is our society toward color blind people ?
Why does technology have to evolve all the time and bring advanced and more affordable electronics in our lives !
After all, 1 in 12 people have some sort of color deficiency, what did Nintendo do about them so far ! It's disgusting !
Oh yeah , I forgot, color blind people can't recognize colors in real life either, it doesn't make any difference........
Oh , yeah, people with bad vision in on eye have trouble with depth perception in real life as well.....but wait, just like you can turn off the colors on your fancy TV, it's been reported ( but not officially confirmed ) the those new 3D screens will have an option to be switched to 2D anytime..
Oh, yeah, if you work for Sony or Microsoft don't bother calling Nintendo and ask them details and schematics about their secrets upcoming systems, all you will get is a lousy " While you have a couple of really good questions, we don't have access to the type of details you're inquiring about for the upcoming Nintendo 3DS. I will, however, add your concerns about how the 3D features may work for those with vision limitations to the record of feedback for this new system ".
That's just unacceptable.
And...
Saddamsdevil said:
I am most annoyed at the Nintendo representative apparently not being honest with you while you have real concerns.
Boo for Nintendo !

This is turning like the early Wii treads ( it was code named Revolution at the time ) , where people started whining and complaining that with their bad arms they couldn't hold the Wii remote pointing at the TV for hours of gameplay, before even holding one in their hands.
After everybody got the chance to try one, all the doubts were gone.
I am sure, by the time we will get our hands on the 3DS, we will understand.
After all, Nintendo is not that stupid.

Although you have a very good point people with "normal" vision need to be accounted for, it would be unfair if everything revolved around people with vision disabilities. There isn't really much that can be done with colour blindness to be honest. The Gameboy Color was terrible anyway I could hardly see the colours.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Although you have a very good point people with "normal" vision need to be accounted for, it would be unfair if everything revolved around people with vision disabilities. There isn't really much that can be done with colour blindness to be honest. The Gameboy Color was terrible anyway I could hardly see the colours.
[/quote]

I think he was being sarcastic, but dude gameboy color was great I dono what you're talking about, colors looked great

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Saddamsdevil said:
]I am most annoyed at the Nintendo representative apparently not being honest with you while you have real concerns.Where was he not being honest? I don't see any lies in what was quoted. Different departments of a company work indepedently, it's entirely plausible that support doesn't know about a product that hasn't come out yet because they don't need to give support for it until it comes out.

nintyfreak said:
I know right. its revealed in like 2 months and hes telling me theyve not even tested it once lol, i thought that odd but then i thought screw it i will just have to wait.He never said they haven't tested it, you're putting words in his mouth.

QUOTE(Saddamsdevil @ Apr 13 2010, 04:50 AM)
On the other hand, they might be concerned about information leaking out. The 3d screens haven't been confirmed officially yet right?
They have been confirmed officially.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2010/100323e.pdf

Arm73: Fucking win.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Come on guys, I don't wanna get heavy, but check what some of us at GBAtemp were saying about the Wii remote before it even was available in stores for display :

lookout said:
We know most of you will buy a Wii console in the future, before you do I'll like to warn you that
Wii remote controller could cause us Danger in our future?

Reason:

1.you might get whack in the face or nut or breasts
2.mash the remote controller to a objects while playing in loose (without wrist attach)
3.you could get wrist injuries or arm pain

Problem I through:

1.the wii Nunchuk cable attachment to wii remote controller seem to short and easy to be rip apart (boxing,fighting game)
2.you more like play game while you stand then sit, specially if you have kids (fighting, sword, spots game)
3.holding the Wii remote controller in air level could get very tiring and ache (FTP game)

=============================
buying a Wii and Play Heath & Safety
lecture.gif

Isn't that funny ? People were already looking for possible troubles and the worst scenario without even give it a try ( same with the 3DS now ).....now to hear about fears and prejudgment , when we all know what the Wii is all about ?
Now this :

Aeladya said:
Rayder said:
QUOTE(nintyfreak @ Apr 13 2010, 05:32 AM) Ok this may sound odd and alot of you may not share my concern. but as you may or may not know people with one eye usually cannot see in 3d as 3d generally needs both eyes (with glasses) im just wondering are there any other one eyed gamers out there that are concerned the 3ds wont work for them? if it doesnt work i will be super pissed. i emailed nintendo and the reply i got was.

While you have a couple of really good questions, we don't have access to the type of details you're inquiring about for the upcoming Nintendo 3DS. I will, however, add your concerns about how the 3D features may work for those with vision limitations to the record of feedback for this new system.

I'm one of those people. That's why I hope the 3D they use will be like that DSi vid with the 3D. But it will probably be those special screens that I won't be able to use.

I am unable to see in 3D as well as I have zero depth perception (which explains why I sucked at art and why my teacher yelled at me for not drawing/painting in 3D). Supposedly people with Dyslexia have no depth perception, which would explain a lot since I am dyslexic as well. I was kinda hoping that Nintendo would spend a year or two on more DSi exclusive games since I was only interested in one of them (and yet I've been too poor to buy it), but I guess that's too much to ask for.

And those are not the worst comments I could find.
In the other tread there was a lot more bitching about Nintendo not being fair .
I say Nintendo has an history of surprising ideas that seemed awkward at first but then proved to be very successful.
All I ask for is a little faith in the Big N , that's all !

JPhantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the person responding to your e-mail was probably a machine sending out an automated reply. even if it wasn't it was a peon who DOES NOT have access to that sort of info about an unreleased system. so what exactly was the problem with Nintendo's reply.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-