Hacking Nintendo 3DS 2.2.0-4 firmware ,blocks flashcart

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe the r4i gold team is wasting one game. Dunno if it's a good idea to release a fix for the 2.2.0-4 firmware as the 3.0 is coming later ...
The N has maybe the time to block this "new" faked game :

FakedGames - X

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Is it possible to update the 3DS first, then not play with the flashcard till it gets an update, then update, then continue to use the flashcard?
The way it works is you update your flashcart on a system it can run on, so if you have a DSL or DSi which the cart works on, yes.
If you only have your 3DS and update to 2.2 first, then no.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh yeah i saw that YT video just now thanks
i went to dstwo site and there is now word yet on it
i hope that they dont have to patch for the mario3dland fw and then again for the 3d video recording fw update too

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So now, only r4i gold has been confirmed working on the new V2.2.0-4? What about other flashcarts?

Let them time to make a new firmware with a workaround. Probably they will wait untill all regions got the new november 3DS update to make sure it works on all devices.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
=O What? An official update blocks hacking kits? [sarcasm]That's never happened before[/sarcasm]

Mario 3DS hasn't been released in US. Fortunately I ordered a copy on eBay so there'll likely be a workaround before I get it. Not that it matters to me though I have a DSi and a DS.
I doubt this update will add anything to block 3DS-mode carts because those haven't been released so Nintendo likely doesn't know where the flaws are, unless they're glaringly obvious flaws which I doubt any would be at this point.

deadmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm pissed that the Acekard team hasn't released a patch yet! I have pre-ordered the Mario 3D game for quite some time and if they don't release this patch soon I won't be able to play it! Why is it taking so long for them to release it?! :angry:

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to update the 3DS first, then not play with the flashcard till it gets an update, then update, then continue to use the flashcard?
The way it works is you update your flashcart on a system it can run on, so if you have a DSL or DSi which the cart works on, yes.
If you only have your 3DS and update to 2.2 first, then no.

Unless you have a Supercard DSTwo, which only requires the system supply power to the cart's power pins to update, that is (unless the new update makes the 3ds physically cut power to the cart rather than just not recognize it as a game). Or a DSOne with the PC based updater of course.

Yatashi Strife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pissed that the Acekard team hasn't released a patch yet! I have pre-ordered the Mario 3D game for quite some time and if they don't release this patch soon I won't be able to play it! Why is it taking so long for them to release it?! :angry:
they do this without getting anything in return, don't complain because it will only piss them off. Just be patient, they are probably waiting until the new firmware comes out here in NA so there update will work on everything, not just JP and EU.

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
the r4igold (the r4igold.cc clone) works with the new firmware without update the card, or at least they say that in their page, i will confirm this in november 13th :)

Zaertix

One Stop Nintendo Shop on Mixer!
Trophies
Website
mixer.com
XP
Country
United States

I'm curious to know. Why won't you be able to play it until Acekard updates their patch? Isn't Mario 3D for 3DS... Which doesn't need an Acekard? Unless you have some magical Acekard that can play 3DS games....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: Rotflmao :rofl2: