Hacking Ninjhax as CIA? Possible?

SMVB64

Now your playing with power! Super power!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm hoping for a stand alone launcher as well, especially for people who miss the requirements by an inch. For example I have 4.5.0.0 CFW but only 4.5.0.7 and up is supported.

SMVB64

Now your playing with power! Super power!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It supports from 4.0.0-7, so if you're on anything 4.5 you should be covered
It should I think, this what I see
4myiz0l.png
I cant go any lower then -7, when I tested it out it just gets stuck at 70%

PieFace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should I think, this what I see
I cant go any lower then -7, when I tested it out it just gets stuck at 70%

Same here, except I have 4.1.0-4. I thought it was originally thought the .cia I made was bad and that the last number wouldn't matter but idk

Reactions: SMVB64

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
maybe someone can make a romhack of Cubic Ninja with smea's custom stage already embedded as one of the stock levels. So you choose the level you want according to what firmware you are on.

Reactions: Margen67

xenia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
maybe someone can make a romhack of Cubic Ninja with smea's custom stage already embedded as one of the stock levels. So you choose the level you want according to what firmware you are on.

It would be easier to just make the homebrew launcher able to run directly as a .cia or .3DS, because if you can run a hacked ROM, you can run homebrew.

Space Monkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm hoping for a stand alone launcher as well, especially for people who miss the requirements by an inch. For example I have 4.5.0.0 CFW but only 4.5.0.7 and up is supported.
You can use Gateways original 1.0 Firmware and a ROM with a compatible firmware to update your SysNAND. Newer Gateway launchers won't work because of firmware spoofing.

tomiga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^I think they mean converting the Homebrew Launcher itself into a .cia, so that it doesn't need to be run through Cubic Ninja.

I would like this as having a separate list for homebrew (rather than cluttering up the Gateway menu) would be handy. Plus sound support with homebrew on the Gateway is still ropey.

Exactly that's what I mean. Plus it'd make a bit more sense like how it's done on the Wii, you could have each homebrew application installed as a channel (CIA) or all homebrew applications in one nice container (The Homebrew Channel/Launcher). I dunno, just makes more sense and we wouldn't have the confusion of having some homebrew in CIA and some in 3DSX.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Damn I guess the execution environment aint totally similar to the one in SSSPwn that's why the apps are crashing, that's boring :(

We need to fix this or maybe the gateway team will ? I also asked smealum on twitter but he didn't answer :(

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It might simply be not possible if Ninjhax relies on resources that are exposed within Cubic Ninja's usermode but not exposed within standard Gateway mode.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use Gateways original 1.0 Firmware and a ROM with a compatible firmware to update your SysNAND. Newer Gateway launchers won't work because of firmware spoofing.

i thought you could use new FW launcher file if you hold up on the dpad when you boot from GW menu?

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
oops sorry no that is to update emunand with a rom not sysnand , you are right my b

Works for SysNAND too, but only if you don't have any EmuNAND setup. However, this won't help you at all, since game updates are always X.X.X-0 versions. As far as I know, there is no way to update the "-X" by itself. You have to update through System Settings, which brings X.X.X-X up to the most recent versions. X.X.X and -X are two "separate firmwares".

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So...

Nothing new in that matter?

Maybe yifan_lu's work on porting homebrew loader to spider3dstools will help to achieve this task...

Reactions: SLiV3R

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1