Homebrew Is it possible to interact with rosalina from code ?

Pikachuk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
I've been looking towards improving my 3ds development workflow by making something akin to psplink to make debugging my software on 3ds easier

currently the way to do it is by launching the homebrew launcher, manually start 3dslink by pressing a button, and make sure beforehand in rosalina to activate gdb for the next running application, this is problematic since i end up having to repeat this process every single time i start my homebrew manually, this is very time consuming
even more if the homebrew crashes and i have to restart the whole console
so i'd want to modify the homebrew launcher's source to make it enable 3dslink on startup which should be pretty easy, however when it comes to enable gdb for the next app in rosalina menu i'm wondering if it's possible

i would need to basically communicate with rosalina from C/C++ and make it enable it

also to make things faster i'd like the homebrew launcher to get started on boot of the 3ds instead of the 3ds system menu

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I've been looking towards improving my 3ds development workflow by making something akin to psplink to make debugging my software on 3ds easier

currently the way to do it is by launching the homebrew launcher, manually start 3dslink by pressing a button, and make sure beforehand in rosalina to activate gdb for the next running application, this is problematic since i end up having to repeat this process every single time i start my homebrew manually, this is very time consuming
even more if the homebrew crashes and i have to restart the whole console
so i'd want to modify the homebrew launcher's source to make it enable 3dslink on startup which should be pretty easy, however when it comes to enable gdb for the next app in rosalina menu i'm wondering if it's possible

i would need to basically communicate with rosalina from C/C++ and make it enable it

also to make things faster i'd like the homebrew launcher to get started on boot of the 3ds instead of the 3ds system menu
I'd suggest asking on the luma 3ds github. the one and only time I asked them a question, they were quick to respond. good luck.

Pikachuk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
atm i was able to improve a bit the workflow by making the homebrew launcher start on boot and modifying the source code of both homebrew launcher and luma to make luma start directly with debugger started and homebrew launcher to start in a "3dslink only mode" where it will automatically wait for 3dslink binaries at all time

the only missing thing is how i could make homebrew launcher define the rosalina flag "force debug next application at launch" when starting a homebrew

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
atm i was able to improve a bit the workflow by making the homebrew launcher start on boot and modifying the source code of both homebrew launcher and luma to make luma start directly with debugger started and homebrew launcher to start in a "3dslink only mode" where it will automatically wait for 3dslink binaries at all time

the only missing thing is how i could make homebrew launcher define the rosalina flag "force debug next application at launch" when starting a homebrew
Dunno. That's beyond my knowledge. When that happens, I usually ask devs.

Pikachuk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It took me some time to understand but after looking at luma's code for a while i now get how it works. I'll do the required adjustments to luma and homebrew launcher

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?