Hacking Next Kernel Exploit "Leaked" by Its Finder

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually it should be ISO/Homebrew all the way as this is a Full Kernel exploit not just VHBL.....

Don't know why I expected more from this, kinda disappointed since I have a PSP 3000 and its like 10x easier to copy stuff to it :glare:

I guess its still cool but with only a 4GB storage not really great (I have 32GB on my psp). Feel like I wasted $8. Oh well not the end of the world.

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know why I expected more from this, kinda disappointed since....... Feel like I wasted $8. Oh well not the end of the world.

Yeah if u already have a PSP theres probably not TOO much need for this at all like u said its easier to just copy to the PSP and for Vita its a bit more of a hassle to get things flowing.......But u can enjoy Homebrew & PSP stuff on a Beautiful Display :wub:

Again Memory space being an issue its probable best to enjoy some Emulators on your Vita with this.....

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What were you expecting? It does everything that a modded PSP does. It's a bit more fiddly to copy stuff to the console, but the bonus is being able to use the better quality screen.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kexploit is short for kernel exploit. A kexploit is found in the Vita OS & can run TN-V, which is the whole PSP software ported to the Vita. A usermode exploit can only run VHBL & homebrews.

I see, if you can do the kernel exploit in Vita mode, isn't PSP mode cracked to apply the user mode exploit, or is a new user mode exploit needed for every kexploit? It seem pointless to release a kexploit if there isn't a user mode exploit to go along with it.

PhoenixWrightX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, if you can do the kernel exploit in Vita mode, isn't PSP mode cracked to apply the user mode exploit, or is a new user mode exploit needed for every kexploit? It seem pointless to release a kexploit if there isn't a user mode exploit to go along with it.

A Kxploit is a full psp emulator....

user mode is useless compared to a kernal mode

Reactions: Flame

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Get it while you can. we might not have another kexploit for sometime. or even worse qwikrazor87 is the most active exploit finder afaik and it looks he is gonna quit soon. if that happens, we might have trouble finding new games/exploits.

For me vita is more valuable as a dual stick, oled-screen psp than it is as a vita, so a kexploit is really worthy.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this exploit allow to use the full hardware or is it still "psp hardware"?

A Kxploit is a full psp emulator....

user mode is useless compared to a kernal mode

thank for clearing that up for flame, maybe somebody should have answered the post that flame made because not everybody know about Vita hacks (me and flame are vita noobs), or maybe I shouldn't post about stuff I don't know about :ninja:

Reactions: Flame

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys.
5 days ago, it was announced on wololo.net by The Z that there's a new exploit coming by our way. He said the exploit worked on 3.18, but it might have worked on 3.30 after it gets released. After some time, everybody decided that the exploit will be released for 3.30 later, & if Sony already patched it in 3.30, it will be released for 3.18 only. The exploited game was said to be a usermode exploit (meaning it only runs VHBL for homebrews & no game backups), but there was a yearly kernel exploit to be released on Christmas.
Well, no kexploit will exist. Finder of the exploit & popular dev qwikrazor87 decided to leak his own kexploit on his Twitter account for Sony & PSP devs to see. He was immediately temporarily banned by the other mods on the /Talk forums until the admin wololo unbanned him & removed all his moderator privileges.
This doesn't mean that the exploit game won't be released. It will be, but only for VHBL. Sony will patch the kernel exploit in firmware 3.30, but probably not the game. After the exploited game name gets revealed, the kexploit can be triggered on 3.18 using specific methods, but on 3.30 there will be only VHBL. So that's our gift for the year.

That dev is a fucking asshole.

Reactions: Gaming4Ever

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That dev is a fucking asshole.

Why because he decided to release his work regardless of what the team wanted? Its a bit douchey, but justifiable. Also makes the masses happy. I said the devs were assholes for saying it would be released a couple weekends ago and then saying "ORRRR NAWWWWWW", same for smealum.

if someone else develops a 3ds hack and releases it, are they assholes too?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's just scene drama. The 'inner circle' are sitting on a bunch of exploits, many of which are kernel mode, and either keep them for themselves or strategically release them at certain times. It sounds like this particular dev didn't want to toe the line of 'waiting until 3.30' which was apparently decided. Should he have waited until 3.30? Probably. But to call him a 'fucking asshole' for giving you an exploit you otherwise wouldn't have is a bit much.

Reactions: SLiV3R

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i would say "stop with this meaningless psp emulation and for once do something about a real vita hack,cause in the end....what is the point in this run and catch game?"

reprep

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
i would say "stop with this meaningless psp emulation and for once do something about a real vita hack,cause in the end....what is the point in this run and catch game?"

the thing is playing PSX games on vita with full sound means more to me than being able to play vita isos. but a homebrew solution would be great. i just hope it wouldn't be like gateway which only play izos.

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the thing is playing PSX games on vita with full sound means more to me than being able to play vita isos. but a homebrew solution would be great. i just hope it wouldn't be like gateway which only play izos.
well we see things the complete opposite then......if we had a gateway vita i would careless about emu.....why don't just buy a psp to do things a psp can do?BESIDES it should be not problem for all those righteous people against piracy willing to buy all those games 50€/£ each?if one wants to profess righteousness than do it all the way:buy a jp console for the region lock thing and buy the psx/gba games from the stores/eshops

reprep

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
well we see things the complete opposite then......if we had a gateway vita i would careless about emu.....why don't just buy a psp to do things a psp can do?BESIDES it should be not problem for all those righteous people against piracy willing to buy all those games 50€/£ each?if one wants to profess righteousness than do it all the way:buy a jp console for the region lock thing and buy the psx/gba games from the stores/eshops

vita is so much better than a psp for me. besides there aren't many good full vita games out there, i just pay for the ones i like.

we all have different life styles and different opinions about piracy, ethics etc. i just shared my opinion.

Reactions: SLiV3R

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol