OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nizarnemer.co.nr
XP
Country
Hey guys.
5 days ago, it was announced on wololo.net by The Z that there's a new exploit coming by our way. He said the exploit worked on 3.18, but it might have worked on 3.30 after it gets released. After some time, everybody decided that the exploit will be released for 3.30 later, & if Sony already patched it in 3.30, it will be released for 3.18 only. The exploited game was said to be a usermode exploit (meaning it only runs VHBL for homebrews & no game backups), but there was a yearly kernel exploit to be released on Christmas.
Well, no kexploit will exist. Finder of the exploit & popular dev qwikrazor87 decided to leak his own kexploit on his Twitter account for Sony & PSP devs to see. He was immediately temporarily banned by the other mods on the /Talk forums until the admin wololo unbanned him & removed all his moderator privileges.
This doesn't mean that the exploit game won't be released. It will be, but only for VHBL. Sony will patch the kernel exploit in firmware 3.30, but probably not the game. After the exploited game name gets revealed, the kexploit can be triggered on 3.18 using specific methods, but on 3.30 there will be only VHBL. So that's our gift for the year.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this exploit allow to use the full hardware or is it still "psp hardware"?
kexploit is for the psp mode, from what the first post said only vhbl will run. I could be mistaken but I thought there was a psp games backup loader for the half byte loader, could be wrong though.

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I had eCFW on 3.15 but updated to use a PS+ sub I had laying around but was waiting on the inevitable 3.30 xploit

Bummer Dude :(

Rare_Tiger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nizarnemer.co.nr
XP
Country
kexploit is for the psp mode, from what the first post said only vhbl will run. I could be mistaken but I thought there was a psp games backup loader for the half byte loader, could be wrong though.
Kexploit is short for kernel exploit. A kexploit is found in the Vita OS & can run TN-V, which is the whole PSP software ported to the Vita. A usermode exploit can only run VHBL & homebrews.
Oh nice had checked Wololo but didn't see the Links
Appreciate it Much :grog:
It's on Twitter. The last article about this on Wololo has the Tweet embedded. Only some devs can understand the code leaked.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You should buy the exploited game (Gladiator Begins) sooner rather than later though. Presumably Sony will pull the game from the store on Monday.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Whip it, whip it good!