Hacking Newbie looking for some help

Raztaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just bought my daughter a 3ds and i also purchased a R4i 3ds Gold. What is my first step? Would I go to http://www.R4I-GOLD.HK and dl the firmware upgrade onto the usb stick with micro sd then put micro sd in cart then into 3ds? Do i need to create folders on the micro sd for DS roms? I did this years ago when i had gameboy advance sp . I just dont want to mess anything up.
Thank you in advance

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
3DS firmware updates block carts, so there's a chance the cart you bought is already blocked by the 3DS. In order to apply firmware updates to DS flash carts you need to actually run them in a DS to run the firmware update file, so if the 3DS won't run them you'll need to use another DS (preferably an older model) to get and run the update file.

DS flash carts use two things nowadays.

1 - Firmware/bootloader. This is what bypasses the DSi/3DS updates to make the cart work after a block attempt. For this you need to actually run the file (as if it was a game) for the update to apply, as it then stores the update on the cart itself.

2 - Software/Menu/Kernel. This is stuff you simply put on the MicroSD as-given, in the root (after extracting).

Raztaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so ill put the new fw on microsd then put in 3ds and try to run it . Will I get an error if not loading? Is there a chance of bricking? Once i get mew fw on the 3ds where should I store the actual roms? I noticed on the website with fw upgrage it lists a ton of games. Those arent included in fw are they? Do you have a good source for roms.

Raztaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got help from some1 in the forum and its not working :(
when i load it on a ds and launch it ,it just freezes.
is there any way to fix R4i Gold Unlimited Upgradable Kart?

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Reading this thread it sounds like you had help here to put the frimware on your microSD, and when you try to play a game it freezes?

Raztaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Loading the cart withe the fw. It went to 100% then said reboot. When i did that and launched japanese icon it freezes at white screen.
Www.r4i-gold.hk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1