Hacking NEW Wiigator Modified Loader

requiem4d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm almost ready to release something, it's just difficult to keep up development on the weekends. Have to spend time with the kids first, code second.

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
requiem4d said:
I'm almost ready to release something, it's just difficult to keep up development on the weekends. Have to spend time with the kids first, code second.
That's good news, I'm very interested, and I'll definatly take a look at the code once you release it, I'd like to see your approach.
Anything you can say about functionality already?

requiem4d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Functionally, and in terms of existing "features" with WiiGator's loader, it's broken. However:

* In the initial release there will be support only for 1:1 backups.
* We're still limited to 3x speeds on the drive.
* Ocarina isn't supported (yet)
* Region-free settings are not yet implemented.
* Compatibility should be greatly improved over the WiiGator 0.3-beta, but it does run slightly slower
* Configuration won't be done through the program, instead it will be loaded at runtime from the SD card

mihakase

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
knowitall599 said:
I have another present for you guys:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0LVAW410
For those of you that hadn't noticed the change in speed will notice it now!
yaynds.gif

I just made more memory changes.

BTW...I am very close to finding a solution for the stupid read error, I think. Depends on a question I asked Wiigator in a PM. Hope I get an answer so I can get to work. Cheers!

You're STILL fucking with people.

Your credibility is zero until you explain the what and why. All you're saying is "lol I changed stuff now it's faster." For all anyone knows, testers might just be experiencing some kind of placebo.

requiem4d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once I have a semi-stable codebase, I'll post the SVN info so everyone can checkout a copy of the sources as it's being developed. I'm hoping to have the initial import up by mid-week, real-life permitting.

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
requiem4d said:
Functionally, and in terms of existing "features" with WiiGator's loader, it's broken. However:

* In the initial release there will be support only for 1:1 backups.
* We're still limited to 3x speeds on the drive.
* Ocarina isn't supported (yet)
* Region-free settings are not yet implemented.
* Compatibility should be greatly improved over the WiiGator 0.3-beta, but it does run slightly slower
* Configuration won't be done through the program, instead it will be loaded at runtime from the SD card

Sounds great, I'm really looking forward to the first stable release. Good luck!
smile.gif

requiem4d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although this loader does require cIOS (for now) I am not personally developing one. The IOS loaded will attempt to read the intended IOS number from SD, but if it isn't found in the config, it will default to 249.

Assuming, of course, I can find a graceful way to do so.

requiem4d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have seen the topic, however, new cIOS versions are beyond the scope of the initial release.

The loader is designed to work with Waninkoko's CIOS-36-rev06. While it should work with the same used in 0.3-beta, there may be changes made to either that could render them incompatible with each other, so officially it is for Waninkoko's cIOS only, but if you have another installed to, say 247, you could configure it to try to use that instead.

The loader is not compatible with the dip module used in WiiGator's 0.1 loader.

requiem4d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will be able play PAL/NTSC-J games with this one soon, but the highest priority is compatibility with games from the region of the console. I want as close to 100% compatibility on native-region discs as feasibly possible.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As i understood Waninkoko's CIOS-36-rev06 and WiiGator's 0.3 cIOS use the same dip module. I tested both with the 0.3 loader and i couldn't see any difference in compatibility and speed. I would love the possibility to change the used IOS in a config file as you mentioned it before. If i knew how to do it, i would have modded the 0.3 loader to do it.

Hmm, you want "as close to 100% compatibility on native-region discs as feasibly possible". I thought some of the old games require an older IOS than IOS36 and that's why they aren't working. I think Waninkoko or WiiGator (or both?) said that.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just a few thoughts about a final version: Many people(myself included) think a perfect version of a backup launcher would use the disc channel(if possible) or a backup launcher channel. When i think of it, i see a problem nobody mentioned before. How to store the settings? Settings on a sd card are very comfortable, but to me a perfect loader would have full functionality without a sd card. Just install, make the settings you wish and just play.

Does anybody know how to create a "savegame" or whatever in the Wii's memory which could be used as config file?

ebdynasty

Trophies
XP
Country
Having a working backup launcher being used through the main disc channel would be awesome, especially if it can be just as good as a modchip.

chaoshawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah but then it removes all the extras, like region setting, ocarina, etc. Since the release I've been playing alot of PAL versions for compatibility reasons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • T @ Texasauras:
    which one are you gonna get
  • T @ Texasauras:
    what why its worth a shot
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Get you raspberry pi5, and you can play gamecube, wii, and ps2 games also. Those won't
  • T @ Texasauras:
    did you see them on google? preloaded rom consoles
  • T @ Texasauras:
    where is that which one is that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Those preloaded ones are junk. You can Google raspberry Pi and find where they are sold near you, or on amazon.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i don't think my parents will get me a pi
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can get older ones even like the pi 3,4 for cheap, but they don't play gamecube, Wii etc very well. Be warned they use a Linux os, which you need to load onto a micro SD card yourself. You can find pre built images like "retro-pie" online free tho which makes it easy to setup.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i don't have my own money
  • T @ Texasauras:
    mannn thats insane, mario on n64
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now you are 15, you can go get a real job, somewhat.
  • T @ Texasauras:
    its like $80 bro lmao
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i'm too young and stupid and i don't have time to work
  • T @ Texasauras:
    it runs on android os
  • T @ Texasauras:
    it looks dope
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get what you pay for. Go ahead and buy one those cheap Chinese units, you will see.
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro have you seen the gfuel instagram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Texasauras why did you start a thread, ignored all the answers there, then come here to chat and ask the same thing. You gotta be like 12, bro
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Biker Mice from Mars needed a Sequel, Angry Hamsters from Uranus
  • T @ Texasauras:
    uh bro i was just asking have you seen these, help me look
  • T @ Texasauras:
    its on amazon
    Download Batocera make it your own
    +1
    If you want GC PS2 Wii stuff like that use a PC
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, i also use my tv stick to watch YouTube and streaming services
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, i also use my tv stick to watch YouTube and streaming services