'New Tales from the Borderlands' to launch in October

NTFTB.png

Announced earlier this year, the Gearbox Software-developed New Tales from the Borderlands has now a release date: October 21st. While Gearbox handled the development of this standalone, choice-based interactive narrative adventure set in the Borderlands universe, they also partnered with key alumni of the original Telltale Games narrative team to craft the new story.

New Tales from the Borderlands immerses players in a deep and original story full of unexpected turns, heartwarming emotion, and classic Borderlands humor. Within the perpetually war-torn metropolis of Promethea, players will decide the fates of three underdogs out to make mayhem their business, with altruistic scientist Anu, her ambitious "streetwise" brother Octavio, and the fierce, frogurt-flinging Fran.

Players will face down a planetary invasion, vicious vault monster, and cold-hearted capitalists in this cinematic thrill ride where what happens next depends on their decisions. Every choice big or small can impact how the story unfolds, often in unexpected ways, and only by playing through the game will players fully understand how their decisions can change the Borderlands.

Key features of New Tales from the Borderlands include:
  • THE UNDERDOG STORY OF THREE LOVABLE LOSERS - Decide the fates of altruistic scientist Anu, her ambitious, "streetwise" brother Octavio, and the fierce, frogurt-slinging Fran. With nothing left to lose and everything to gain, you'll claw and con your way through this thrilling five-part story;
  • AN EXTRAORDINARY CINEMATIC ADVENTURE - The Borderlands aren't just home to Vault Hunters, psychos, and weapons-corp CEOs; they're full of downtrodden, intrepid civilians just trying to get by. With a host of returning and fresh faces, this unforgettable tale is sure to delight fans new and old;
  • YOUR CHOICES SHAPE THE OUTCOME - The decisions you make determine how your story ends in unexpected ways. Whether it's Anu's vision of a universe that markets more than weapons, Octavio's dreams of fame and fortune, or Fran's frosty plot for revenge, their success or failure depends on you.
New Tales from the Borderlands will be available on October 21, for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and PC (Steam and Epic Games Store).

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

MasterPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Cash cow is dead and buried, but that won't stop Gearbox from continuing to try to milk it anyway.
Really ? I didn't play the Shooters but the Tell Tale game I absolutely loved
for the wacky humor and dorky but lovable characters.

Scenes like this really cracked me up back then
Rhys tries to chock a bandit and fails

MariArch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been borderlands'd out for years as well as a ton of other people. Not sure why they keep trying to push this franchise idk

MasterPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dont feel it anymore after 3 (3 Killed it for me.....) sorry
You know that this is NOT a first person looter/shooter ... right? It's more of a modern point and click adventure.
Unless it was the horrific writing of BL3 that turned you off, 'cause this one will be made by Gearbox as well
(the first Tales from the Borderlands was made and written by Tell Tale Games and was very good ... unlike BL3)

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know that this is NOT a first person looter/shooter ... right? It's more of a modern point and click adventure.
Unless it was the horrific writing of BL3 that turned you off, 'cause this one will be made by Gearbox as well
(the first Tales from the Borderlands was made and written by Tell Tale Games and was very good ... unlike BL3)
I know it's NOT one thank you very much, 3 killed it for me by basicly being trashy writing (I still go back to 1 & 2 sometimes)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone