Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Artik_esp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lixoman100 said:
Artik_esp said:
And what's the difference between pached main.dol and normal one?

The game update contains sysmenu 4.1 and mysterious boot2v4.... maybe that's the reason.

You need the patched main.dol because the original one has a copy protection that makes the game stop working after a while.
As for the updates included, just have everything updated by DOP-Ios Mod and it won't bother you.

I think that we have to know is what copy protection it contains. If it is like 002 is only about IOSxx that you have. Maybe it check boot2 version or system menu or version of what IOSxx installed.
It's strange that stop the game. Anyway I think that's not relative to modchip workaround... IMHO

lixoman100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ckylesworld1 said:
I hate to say it, but what does Dop-IOS mean?

DOP-Ios is a Wii program that can be run from the HBC that lets you install IOSes, channels and system menus. You can install the most recent version or older versions of IOSes and you can apply the trucha bug to them. In the case of IOS36, you can also apply the ES_Identify bug to it. If you use it to install System Menu 4.2 it won't update boot2 or stub the IOSes either.

DOP-Ios uses cIOS 249 for this. If you use DOP-Ios Mod, you can choose what IOS to use to install other IOSes.

It is, currently, the best way to manage your IOSes and system menus and channels on the Wii. You can safely update to 4.2 with it, you just need to be careful to have the required IOSes before doing so.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So, until we know what cIOSrev 15 comes out/does, we stick with USB then?

Also:
MAH BOI, you have too many rupees for that bag of yours, so here's a bigger rupee bag.
(Good luck reaching 200 pages before it's locked XD)

C

cloudspear

I just saw a box with this game at my local Target while I were buying Monster Inc and Up on Blu Ray. I asked the employee if I could buy a copy of the game and he said no, I have to wait until 11/15.

iMad

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cloudspear said:
I just saw a box with this game at my local Target while I were buying Monster Inc and Up on Blu Ray. I asked the employee if I could buy a copy of the game and he said no, I have to wait until 11/15.
You are such a well behaved sweet little boy, please don't download the pirated game or else Mr Miyamoto will be very sad.

hwc.terror

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok, I got it working (Had trouble mounting SD card)

Apparently my SD card wasn't supported by Wii (I was using a MicroSD card + SD card adaptor). Using a real SD card: I formatted it with WBFS Manager 3 and copied over NSMBW (boot.dol patched). Using NeoGamma R4 it worked straight out of the box (using cIOS38 rev14).

Just posting in case it helps someone.

Also, as of now the game can't be played from DVD using a softmod hack. You either need a modchip and the signing crap done OR a SD card/USB HDD with boot.dol patched (or a loader which patches boot.dol on the fly).

Been playing it for about a hour so far and I just finished World 1. No unexpected crashes/save files going corrupt. I'll see how long it stays like this.

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iMad said:
cloudspear said:
You are such a well behaved sweet little boy, please don't download the pirated game or else Mr Miyamoto will be very sad.
lol

Blakmagik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sak50 said:
All i have to say is that the "wii usb wbfs" mode is the way to go this game rocks....3.2u soft mod, neo gamma 8 b8 through homebrew, and cios 38 rev 14...Also using the smnp.dol via the sd....
How did you get your usb loader of choice to recognize you hard drive in either of the usb ports with cIOS38 rev 14 installed? i always get told to wait 30 seconds, like it doesn't exist but i can clearly hear the drive spinning...any and all help is appreciated

oh and it is recognized with cIOS36 rev 10 installed no problem

Chesskid1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've never used USB before and got it working quite easy /w no mod chip. (always used discs)

all you need is a 512MB or more SD card or USB drive.

1) install this http://rapidshare.com/files/305208209/neogamma_R8_b7.zip via a wad manager. (if it asks you to updates your cios to rev 14, google it and download install that too.
2) get a copy of patched new super mario bros
3) use WBFS manager with the SD or USB to format the drive (back up ur data if u must) then copy super mario bros over to it using the program
4) run the neogamma channel, select SD or USB for launch game from, then play!

enjoy.

sak50

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all i did was update to cios38 rev 14 and put the neo gamma 8 beta 8 channel on and formatted my 4gb usb stick with wbfs and put .dol in the neogamma folder on my sd card and it worked.. Try your other usb slot maybe it will work on the other slot...

Blakmagik said:
sak50 said:
All i have to say is that the "wii usb wbfs" mode is the way to go this game rocks....3.2u soft mod, neo gamma 8 b8 through homebrew, and cios 38 rev 14...Also using the smnp.dol via the sd....
How did you get your usb loader of choice to recognize you hard drive in either of the usb ports with cIOS38 rev 14 installed? i always get told to wait 30 seconds, like it doesn't exist but i can clearly hear the drive spinning...any and all help is appreciated

oh and it is recognized with cIOS36 rev 10 installed no problem

mopar4u

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game works fine for me. Looking for someone to help me with some aspects of the game itself. I suck at it. Please pm me if you will help me.

Lynkk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I get a green screen at launch with USB Loader GX but it's working perfectly fine with NeoGamma? Any ideas what I am missing?

Thanx!

IAmError

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chesskid1 said:
i've never used USB before and got it working quite easy /w no mod chip. (always used discs)

all you need is a 512MB or more SD card or USB drive.

1) install this http://rapidshare.com/files/305208209/neogamma_R8_b7.zip via a wad manager. (if it asks you to updates your cios to rev 14, google it and download install that too.
2) get a copy of patched new super mario bros
3) use WBFS manager with the SD or USB to format the drive (back up ur data if u must) then copy super mario bros over to it using the program
4) run the neogamma channel, select SD or USB for launch game from, then play!

enjoy.

I did this, and it freezes at the end of the first level every time. As soon as Mario touches the flagpole, the game is frozen. I have CIOS Rev 14, and NeoGamma R8_b7. I get the same thing from USBLoaderGX. What am I missing?

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ckylesworld1 said:
I have a mod chip (d2pro9) and tried the scrubbed iso on dvd and it didnt work. Next step I guess is to burn the patched version on dvd and try it

I have the same modchip. I can't seem to find a straight answer to this question:

Can I play a 1:1 non-modified in any way copy of the game burned to DVD? If not, why not?

cuzvin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@chesskid1. u da man! followed ur advice and it is working perfectly. been playin for about an hour with no DRE's. and i'm playin on an ntsc wii with a patched pal iso. also my first attempt at using USB/SD loader (got about 150 discs-lol) kinda like the SD thing, might hafta start using it more. anyway, just wanted to confirm it working. oh i got a 3.2u softmod with cioscorp 3.4, softchip 99, neogamma r7, neogamma r8b7 and cios38 rev 14. used wbfs manager 3.0 to load iso

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
hdhacker said:
ckylesworld1 said:
I have a mod chip (d2pro9) and tried the scrubbed iso on dvd and it didnt work. Next step I guess is to burn the patched version on dvd and try it

I have the same modchip. I can't seem to find a straight answer to this question:

Can I play a 1:1 non-modified in any way copy of the game burned to DVD? If not, why not?

The piracy protection in the game prevents you being able to play a 1:1 copy unmodified straight from the disc channel. You can start the game and play for about 5min before it crashes out if you are using a 1:1 copy.

The way I got it to work was Installed the HBC via bannerbomb for v4.2 (as I am on system menu 4.2) - Easy install and takes a few min. Then download Gecko, place it in the apps folder on the SD card, place cheat file from page 1 on SD card in codes folder.

Start HBC, Start Gecko - with unmodified game disc in disc drive, start the game from Gecko menu (ensure Cheats are active in options)

I have a System Menu 4.2 Wii with no other soft mods installed and the HBC and WiiKey v2. I upgraded to System Menu 4.2 via Nintendo WiiFii like ALL my updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: When you play SM64 but you try recreating the slider song from memory during an episode.