Hardware New Sony Warranty Published! (offical email) - You can open your console now!

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got this email from Sony. It seems they have followed the FTC orders to allow customers to repair their own consoles or use unlicensed peripherals without it voiding their manufacturers warranty.

What do you guys think about this? How does it effect the "modding" business? Is it beneficial?

Dear PlayStation customer:

On May 8, 2018, Sony Interactive Entertainment ("SIE") updated the terms of its Limited Warranties for PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®3, and PlayStation®Vita systems sold in the United States and Canada. SIE implemented two primary changes:

First, SIE limited certain warranty exclusions to instances where damage has occurred. For example:

• Our previous warranties stated that the warranty does not apply if the product is used with a peripheral that is not supplied or licensed by SIE. Our updated warranties state that the warranty does not apply "to damage caused by" use of the product with an unlicensed peripheral.
  • Our previous warranties stated that the warranty does not apply if the warranty seal on the product has been altered or removed. Our updated warranty states that the warranty does not apply "to damage caused by" opening the product or to damage caused by service performed by someone other than a representative of SIE or an SIE-authorized service provider.
Second, SIE added language that clarifies and confirms our longstanding practice of providing free return shipping for in-warranty consoles in the U.S. and Canada, and free return shipping for repaired (or factory-recertified) consoles to the customer. SIE long has provided this free, round-trip shipping, but its warranties didn't specifically say so. Now they do.

Regardless of the printed warranty language in the user manual and other materials that were in the box with your U.S. or Canada PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®3, and PlayStation®Vita systems, you're now covered by the applicable updated warranty. Thus, for example, SIE will not decline to provide in-warranty service for these systems based solely on the warranty seal being altered or removed-even if a seal on the product itself says the warranty is void if it is damaged or removed. Of course, the product does still have to fall within the warranty time period.

Click here to view the updated PlayStation® warranties. The previous warranties can be viewed here.
Sincerely,
The PlayStation® Team

Reactions: Nisem0n0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...