Gaming New smash bros character video

Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, spamming the characters much? :rofl2: Needs more balance.
Balance? Pokemon still has just as many confirmed playables and a shit-ton more others in Pokeballs and now Masterballs. Mushroom Kingdom also has like 4 confirmed playables, Zelda has 4 confirmed playables... This sort of thing is not uncommon here.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I like that they're revealing all characters which will be in the game this way I know which one I'll be, it'll either be Mii, Link, Mega Man, Capn' Falcon or Rosalina.

I think there'll be a shit-ton of Megans (Mega Man) and Brosies (Rosalinas«) on the online mode.

I highly doubt this. Did you watch the E3 tourny? Sheik players are going to be the new M.knight. She's fast in movement and attack speed, she can open a smash ball much quicker than anyone else and her final smash is fast and when used correctly could take out all 3 enemies. She'll be the one spammed online, id bet money on it. Greninja will be close behind because he has a simular style and his water shruiken looks really good.

Speaking of M.knight, has he been announced yet? Id like to main him now people wont be whining how he's overpowered. If he isnt in the game (god forbid) then im going to be extremely tempted to main pacman just because i dont think we're going to see many pacman players online lol

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Well, that's one thing and then there's the other fans of the characters you can't deny that there's a lot of love out there for Rosalina and Mega Man.

In Mario Kart 8 it's crazy that so many people would rather go with Rosalina, than I dunno, their own Mii?! It's so much cooler and personalised to use the Mii over an official character.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, that's one thing and then there's the other fans of the characters you can't deny that there's a lot of love out there for Rosalina and Mega Man.

In Mario Kart 8 it's crazy that so many people would rather go with Rosalina, than I dunno, their own Mii?! It's so much cooler and personalised to use the Mii over an official character.

In Mario kart its because she's actually a good racer. She's classed as heavy and everyone knows that in MK, you pick a heavy character and customize your cart to get the speed/accel to win. Plus, Not many people wanna play as Bowser/Wario because they are "bad" guys. Thats why she gets a lot of love there. Megaman for sure has fanboys but when it comes to playing a fighting game online, the idea of winning a match trumps nostalgia.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Balance? Pokemon still has just as many confirmed playables and a shit-ton more others in Pokeballs and now Masterballs. Mushroom Kingdom also has like 4 confirmed playables, Zelda has 4 confirmed playables... This sort of thing is not uncommon here.

Let's hope that there aren't any more useless characters like Mii.

Drink the Bleach

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I modled my main Mii after Rosalina so I sure as shit would prefer Rosalina over my ganked up Mii.

Drink the Bleach

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Miis are going to be one of the most complex characters in Smash history.
Asside from the obvious face customizing, their moves will be modeled and borrowed from other Smash characters, there will be three class designations from long-range to mid to short range fighting, and their power relative to their speeds are determined by height and size (weight) of that Mii. Mii's just might be favored over said strategic purposes, and the only reason to fight with Smash characters is either because of unique moves the Mii's don't have, or vanity.

I'm personally on the side of vanity as my intentions to main all the females is because I prefer to play as a female character. Its why in Mario Kart I always choose Peach, Rosalina, or my Mii and I NEVER stray from the standard kart set of that character because I think they look the best/most elegant, so I refuse to race in any other form, despite the stat benefits I might be losing out on.

If I cared about strategy, I'd probably main a Mii, pikachu, or fox, which is gross, so I'll just main Lucina, Peach, and Rosalina.

Also for the record I think Pacman is a useless character.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Lucinas attacks looks exactly the same as Marth.. maybe a costume? I hope so.

They cant seriously do the same shit twice (Marth / Roy).

Anfroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With Nintendo, one can actually ever find out until the game is out
Or if you follow samurai on miiverse
2FYCfyM.jpg

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Two characters that look almost exactly the same and have the same abilities.. given to us as two seperate characters?
Even if there are characters like Villager and WiiFit Trainer who are not seperated from their gender counterpart?

This .. is .. AWESOME! And it does not even feel like they were to lazy to think of something new! :tpi:

Drink the Bleach

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lucinas attacks looks exactly the same as Marth.. maybe a costume? I hope so.

They cant seriously do the same shit twice (Marth / Roy).
They wouldn't bother with an HD trailer and announced Lucina as a character if she was just a skin. Even if characters are clones of each other, you need to factor in subtle differences like power, speed, and subtle differences in attacks. Lucina could be the fastest of the Fire Emblem characters, even if she is just a clone.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

The Miis aren't going to be useless, they'll be there to give personalisation rather than have everyone play as Mario, Luigi, Mega Man, Rosalina, Link, Falcon, Fox or what have you.

I'll definitely be trying out the Miis before going for the official characters when I get my Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (lame name).

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Or if you follow samurai on miiverse -pic of the miiverse post-

Im actually kind of anoyed how she gets a full character slot instead of just being an easter egg, how cool would it be if they didnt tell anyone that you could unlock a special alt costume for marth and it was Lucina? Thats the kind of thing that makes fanboys go wild and it would leave a character slot open for Lucas who is still not confirmed. Maybe... never confirmed...

tumblr_mg9yc0rTvh1qjccmko1_500.gif

Anfroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im actually kind of anoyed how she gets a full character slot instead of just being an easter egg, how cool would it be if they didnt tell anyone that you could unlock a special alt costume for marth and it was Lucina? Thats the kind of thing that makes fanboys go wild and it would leave a character slot open for Lucas who is still not confirmed. Maybe... never confirmed...
He actually does give a reason why she gets her own slot, although I agree that she could've been more suited to being discovered after the game came out.
"With the Wii Fit Trainers, the male and female Robins, the Villagers, and Little Mac, varying their appearances and voices works just like selecting alternate color variations. However, whenever there is even a small difference in abilities, that character gets an actual roster slot. That is why you can select Lucina individually."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.