Firmware New PS4 Firmware 2.0 Trailer Shows Share Play in Action

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
So far all, of these "new" feature are just taken from Steam mostly. They still have miles to make before they come anywhere close.

Although it would seem a step in the right direction, unfortunately this is Sony we are talking about. They'll wait until they have a high uptake and everyone has paid for their support scription, them they'll begin removing features (which never amounted to anywhere near the claims) and Sue a few people who do anything about it.

Sony: The ultimate OCD in control

Isn't this feature like what Microsoft was supposed to have for Xbox One? I forget what they call but those who know it are aware of it.

AkiraCast

Former professional QA tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Exclusive to PlayStation 4" Oh damn, I was totally wondering if Nintendo and MS were even trying to implement that feature /sarcasm. Shoutouts to Japan and S. Korea where I suspect will be the only places this feature works like a charm :rofl: On a serious note though I'm happy for everyone that will get to enjoy this feature regardless of location.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sooo, Ps4 is getting Nintendo's Download Play + extra's?..

More like the PS4 is getting a screen sharing application and a remote virtual control, one mode to allow a single player game to be controlled by someone else, the other to allow local play to happen over a network. Both things that have been done in various capacities for many years outside of games but arguably a new thing in non PC/open/non emulator games at least.

Reactions: Foxi4 and Chiejina

YetoJesse

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
They just keep doing the same-o same-o now-a-days. I wish some would be honest for once and look at the true innovators instead of praising others for the upgrade while shunning their creators.
the eye-toy/kinect, tablet, touchscreen stuff.
It's fun. but it's not exclusive or anything.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well it's now confirmed as 720p only, and with a 'substantial' frame rate drop - 720p is fine for this if you ask me, you're playing a game you don't have in the first place (and certainly more internet friendly!) Not sure how the frame rate dips will fare (or how much - it's probably dependent on the connections being used), that's of slight concern, but we'll find out tomorrow or so! Apparently Sony have hinted a wired connection is best - well duh, but the fact they've apparently mentioned this is another worry.
Devs/publishers can opt out of it for their games (I'd have put a tenner on EA doing this, but the demo was using FIFA 15).
Hosts can switch control in spectator mode back to themselves if their friend is pissing about.
See how it goes ehh... I still reckon it's gonna end up a bit niche, like Remote Play is really, but could be completely wrong!

Other improvements are a bit thin on the ground - coloured themes - 'oooh' :lol:. Be interesting to see the PS4 frontend after this as it's a bit featureless compared to the Xbones (which ain't exactly amazing in the first place in my opinion). Also still no resume game (from standby) feature as of yet.... gutting. Xbone has it, and it's a great feature, and was announced for PS4 before launch.. come on Sony....

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
They just keep doing the same-o same-o now-a-days. I wish some would be honest for once and look at the true innovators instead of praising others for the upgrade while shunning their creators.
the eye-toy/kinect, tablet, touchscreen stuff.
Alright, is Nintendo going to pay reparations to Tiger then? Because they sure as sh*t weren't the first to come up with a touchscreen on a gaming device - Tiger was. Tablet stuff? Do you mean the form factor, which has been accepted in the electronics industry for years, or the streaming capabilities? Because if the former, you're having a laugh and if the latter, Remote Play wants to have a chat. I don't think I'm catching your drift at all, Sony's literally doing something nobody's done before on a console, ever. You could make a hack-and-slap-together setup like this using VNC on a PC, but on a console it's a first.

I'll tell you whet I tell every single guy who's crazy about "innovation" - not all innovation is good. It doesn't matter who comes up with something first, what matters is who creates the best implementation. It's great that Nintendo created the first game pad with an analog nub in the shape we all know and love for instance, but that gamepad sucked ass, that's why Sony's dual analog setup is the prevalent industry standard, not Nintendo's weird three-pronged monstrosity.

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Now I am interested in a PS4 Just for this feature. And well, It will be interesting how will handle both input lag and image quality transmition when this get's launched. is a shame that no games on PS4 yet catch my interest. No cool games, no PS4. also,

To host the game, yes. To join it and play with the host, nope.

both MUST be a PS Plus users, sorry to break the illusion. I really wish it where that way but nope. It's a premium feature indeed.
Capturadepantalla2014-10-27190819_zpsf1bad71d.png

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Now I am interested in a PS4 Just for this feature. And well, It will be interesting how will handle both input lag and image quality transmition when this get's launched. is a shame that no games on PS4 yet catch my interest. No cool games, no PS4. also,
both MUST be a PS Plus users, sorry to break the illusion. I really wish it where that way but nope. It's a premium feature indeed.
*snip*

• Share Screen — Share your screen with a friend, allowing them to spectate. This is ideal for PS4 owners that want to watch their friends play a game and provide helpful tips. PlayStation Plus is not required to use this.
  • Hand over my controller — Pass your controller to a friend, virtually, and watch them play. Your friend does not need to own, or even download the game, in order to use this feature. This is perfect for introducing your friends to new games. The host will need to be a PlayStation Plus member, but the guest does not.
  • Hand over the second player controller — If a game supports local multiplayer, you can have your friend join as player two. Again, the visitor does not need to own, or download the game in order to use this feature. Both players will need PlayStation Plus to use this feature.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/10/24/check-out-share-play-in-action-on-ps4/
Only the "local" multiplayer thing requires PS+, ergo Share Play as a whole isn't "PS+ only"

EDIT: Also, the above. There's literally no reason to own a PS4 and not have PS+ other than "Boohoo I have to pay :sad:"

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
ok, so you can play with someone else solo player games, but if you wanna play a multiplayer game, it's pay time then.
thanks for aclaring the confusion out of me.

now, where is the money? oh yes, the problem is money m'dear... I wish I had a better job but well, PC will do for now..

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ok, so you can play with someone else solo player games, but if you wanna play a multiplayer game, it's pay time then.
thanks for aclaring the confusion out of me.

now, where is the money? oh yes, the problem is money m'dear... I wish I had a better job but well, PC will do for now..
PC games cost money too. I can smell the faint scent of piracy over here, dearie me. :rofl2:

People say the darndest things sometimes - they want to get everything for free, almost as if gaming wasn't an expensive hobby or something.

Reactions: Xabring

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
they want to get everything for free, almost as if gaming wasn't an expensive hobby or something.

and tell me who the heck hasn't pirated something?

Indeed, but steam is cheaper compared to PS4 so, yeah, and I already have a PC 6 years ago. I'll guess I'll start saving then.

but let's not sidetrack the conversation AGAIN, It's good to have a choice that is unique for the PS4, but,....I wonder for how munch time it's exclusive, or if it will be the first implemented at all (in consoles of course!).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
and tell me who the heck hasn't pirated something? Indeed, but steam is cheaper compared to PS4 so, yeah, and I already have a PC 6 years ago. I'll guess I'll start saving then. but let's not sidetrack the conversation AGAIN, It's good to have a choice that is unique for the PS4, but,....I wonder for how munch time it's exclusive, or if it will be the first implemented at all.
That's the thing about Plus, it's actually good value, even compared to Steam. If you buy a yearly subscription, you pay $50 and you get at least two games for each of Sony's platforms (grand total of 6 games) per month, that's 72 games for $50, around 70 cents per game. *70 cents*. On top of that you get all of the Online stuff and you get discounts in the SEN store. How is this a bad deal?

As for being exclusive to Sony's platforms, Sony's two steps ahead of the game since they bought Gaikai - Microsoft and Nintendo don't own an equivalent and they'd have to build an infrastructure for this kind of thing from the ground up.

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I never said is a bad deal, and yeah, it's clear on me that it's more than a few pluses there and here, perhaps I complained because the entry fee (or PS4 rather) IS expensive, but I know it's well worth it, but with this plus, I said that this new plus is making me considering getting the PS4. yeah, I didn't read a few things, but hey! thanks for point it out.

and I was very vague with the details when I wrote "i want to see how it handles the input and image" I mean, I have a crappy connection...will it work optimaly or i have to invest in the modem as well...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8