Hardware New PS3 and HDMI Cable?

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently have been considering getting a PS3 as my Wii usually collects dust. I don't have an HDTV so I have a few questions. I'm assuming that the PS3 will work on a regular TV, but I heard the new $250 models require an HDMI cable to watch Blu Rays. Does that mean I won't be able to watch Blu Rays without an HDTV?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not sure why you would buy blu-ray movies if you dont even have an hdtv considering blu-rays are typically more pricy then dvd's
and to answer your question, yes thats what it means, the reason is to enable copy protection since HDMI cannot be decrypted and recorded

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
im not sure why you would buy blu-ray movies if you dont even have an hdtv considering blu-rays are typically more pricy then dvd's
and to answer your question, yes thats what it means, the reason is to enable copy protection since HDMI cannot be decrypted and recorded

I like having options available and my family typically buys blu rays now compared to DVD's as they have some blu ray players. Would it be possible to get a converter to make it work?

Slashinggames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aeladya said:
Joe88 said:

I like having options available and my family typically buys blu rays now compared to DVD's as they have some blu ray players. Would it be possible to get a converter to make it work?
you could get a lcd monitor and get a hdmi to vga converter. http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1SKPM_e...p;q=hdmi+to+vga
just have to enable the audio to pump out the normal composite cables.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: