ROM Hack New powersaves 3ds thread

Wanderer0891

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Datel added the code "POKEMON BOX CODES:
Pokemon 1-6 In Box 1 Slot 1-6" for Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire yesterday but there doesn't seem to be any indication of what it does or how to use it. I tried it and got the first six Pokemon in the National Pokedex as Eggs in the first six slots of Box 1.

mbruno

Gamer For Life
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as a heads up, the Secret Base Flag Codes that were added to Powersaves recently don't work right for some reason. When I used the code for 0 Flags in set the amount of flags to 391 and when I used the code for 1000 Flags it set the amount of flags to 1391.
The above still hasn't been fixed, just to let everyone know.

FadeTM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Datel added the code "POKEMON BOX CODES:
Pokemon 1-6 In Box 1 Slot 1-6" for Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire yesterday but there doesn't seem to be any indication of what it does or how to use it. I tried it and got the first six Pokemon in the National Pokedex as Eggs in the first six slots of Box 1.

in the future weeks they will add the entire collection that way. the eggs are READY to hatch (1 step to open them), so you will get the completely legit hoenn born with full IV pokemon of gen 1, gen 2 and so on (legendary that cannot be born from eggs excluded).
this is for the collectors.
a note: to make completely legit (for example) the charizard that hatch from the egg at level 1 you have to bring him to level 36. then he will be legit. same with all other already evolved pokemon, you need to bring them to their normal evolve level (there are many methods, codes included).

in future datel will also add the same code, but without eggs, this mean you will get pre-made gen 1,2,3... pokemon, already at level 100 with max ev and so, they will be already legit (as at max level) but they are "traded pokemon".

those codes are only for collectors, obviously if you need other pokemon with different nature, stats etc, for the metagame, you have to use other codes on single pokemon. this is only to save time if you want the entire collection:)

FadeTM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
there is also a wondercard (fake- not legit) with a zygarde with the two hidden moves as a new code.
and the pokenav 999 chain

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for a way to use two of the same retail cart with one Powersaves unit. Can't seem to find anything on it, and yes, I've tried searching.

Girlfriend bought Animal Crossing New Leaf, and wants just the golden tools and a full savings account. Got her the tools with my cart, but her cart keeps erroring out.

Can you use two of the same cart or is this just going to mean a lot of bell dropping in game?

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for a way to use two of the same retail cart with one Powersaves unit. Can't seem to find anything on it, and yes, I've tried searching.

Girlfriend bought Animal Crossing New Leaf, and wants just the golden tools and a full savings account. Got her the tools with my cart, but her cart keeps erroring out.

Can you use two of the same cart or is this just going to mean a lot of bell dropping in game?

Still having this issue. Cart 1 works fine. Cart 2 does not....and fails at the server side. Save appears unaffected.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
This is Datel Japan's PowerSave
3ds-pro-action-save.jpg

But what is this? It says 'NEW' on Nippon-Yasan
3ds-pro-action-save-pocket-vol1.jpg

jewfro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got one of these for Christmas (awesome wife, ftw!) so I can use it with Omega Ruby. It detected the cartridge just fine and everything seemed to be going okay (it backed up and restored saves just fine), until I tried to apply a code. Doesn't matter what code I try, I keep getting the same error message: "An error occurred processing your Game File." The weird part is that it fails every time while applying the code, when it gets to the Server Process part. That led me to believe it might've been a license key issue. So I contacted the seller and had it replaced. Same thing with the second one! I'd contacted Datel the first time around, and just contacted them again for this second unit. I'm using v1.21 of their software and am on Windows 8.1 64bit. Omega Ruby is the only physical cartridge I own that I can test with Powersaves. For troubleshooting, I've tried *takes a deep breath*:

• Adding the Powersaves software as an exception in my firewall
  • Completely disabling my firewall
  • Using a different cable, as well as the included one
  • Using the license key with/without dashes in the Options section of the Powersaves software
  • Applying just one code, as well as multiple
  • Trying it on two separate computers (same internet connection, though)
  • Confirming the license key and cartridge are from the same region (they are)
Again, every time it fails, it fails at the Server Process step while applying the code(s). Every time this happened, the status on the Powersaves website says their servers are running; it's never worked for me before with either unit! I'm at a complete loss. Any ideas?

I'm having literally the same problem. I'm trying to use my MH4U retail cart with powersaves and every time i apply the codes it says "an error occurred processing your game file" Right as its trying to do the server process. I use gateway classic mode as well. Sysnand is at 4.2 and emunand is latest at 9.5. if anyone could give some more tips on how to resolve this problem it would be spectacular

Nyancat

wow i have a custom title, how nice
Trophies
XP
Country
After a while, I'm back.
I was looking on the powersaves website and noticed a Zygarde wondercard code. Is it official or fake?
Apologies if this has already been answered.

jewfro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A small update to my previous post. I've been reading about the different save encryptions and it seems that with 4.x sysnand the save encryption is different when used in gateway classic mode as to what it would be with 6.x+ sysnand the difference being the encryption keys. The newer games like Monster hunter 4 ultimate, the one i'm trying to use powersaves on, uses the 6.0.0-11 Savegame KeyY. So from my understanding i'd have to upgrade to a sysnand 6.x+ and have to restart my game because the 4.x sysnand save file wouldnt work with the higher sysnand... Just to be able to get powersaves to work...

Anyone feel free to enlighten me if i'm wrong.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^ That was my assumption as to why my save wasn't working with Powersaves, so I returned it. I never got confirmation of that, but it's the most likely explanation as to why there's not much information out on this on the internet -- there aren't many people out there in our situation (using GW Classic Mode), hence no info on it. Good thing PKHeX became a thing soon thereafter, so I had no need for PS :)

Edit: Know what's funny? Datel STILL hasn't e-mailed me back. Awesome customer support!

Reactions: fodder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof