ROM Hack New powersaves 3ds thread

h448

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If thats the case,why hasn't it been released on Powersave yet?

The likely reason is that it would "ruin online play" because you can still battle with unreleased items/Pokemon with Passerbys I believe? So people with the Cyber Gadget will have an advantage over you but at least you won't have an advantage over everyone else. :P

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If thats the case,why hasn't it been released on Powersave yet?

That's a very good question, guy. Too bad Datel can't be bothered to answer requests... oh yeah, they have Code Requests, but I've been waiting for weeks for them to answer any of my requests. Like the Invincibility Leaf as a power-up in the slots for White Tanooki Mario/Luigi. I mean, somehow they can put the P-Wing in the slots, but they can't squeeze in the Invincibility Leaf?

Reactions: rainparadesamurai

rainparadesamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a very good question, guy. Too bad Datel can't be bothered to answer requests... oh yeah, they have Code Requests, but I've been waiting for weeks for them to answer any of my requests. Like the Invincibility Leaf as a power-up in the slots for White Tanooki Mario/Luigi. I mean, somehow they can put the P-Wing in the slots, but they can't squeeze in the Invincibility Leaf?
I've been requesting allowing us to use custom user made codes everyday for a week now. Maybe if many of us with powersaves spam their code request with requests for that option we can finally get it.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been requesting allowing us to use custom user made codes everyday for a week now. Maybe if many of us with powersaves spam their code request with requests for that option we can finally get it.

If that was the case, they would have done that months ago. There were huge movements to do this among other things when the Powersaves threads across multiple forums were much more active than they are now. Obviously, they didn't work.

The only thing that will cause Datel to change is if Cyber Gadget begins to cut in on it's profit margin by moving in on it's territories. As soon as profits, take a hit, then you will see Datel change it's practices. However, I look for it to take the form of the "Latest 3DS Action Replay" with the words "Supporting Pokemon X & Y!" That way, it forces their entire Powersaves base to go out and buy one if they want the ability to custom input codes. A dirty potential tactic, but certainly not anything new when it comes to business practices of any company. When you are the only company in a region that allows you to do thing that you want to do, you pretty much get to dictate terms to your customers (for better or for worse.)

rainparadesamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that was the case, they would have done that months ago. There were huge movements to do this among other things when the Powersaves threads across multiple forums were much more active than they are now. Obviously, they didn't work.

The only thing that will cause Datel to change is if Cyber Gadget begins to cut in on it's profit margin by moving in on it's territories. As soon as profits, take a hit, then you will see Datel change it's practices. However, I look for it to take the form of the "Latest 3DS Action Replay" with the words "Supporting Pokemon X & Y!" That way, it forces their entire Powersaves base to go out and buy one if they want the ability to custom input codes. A dirty potential tactic, but certainly not anything new when it comes to business practices of any company. When you are the only company in a region that allows you to do thing that you want to do, you pretty much get to dictate terms to your customers (for better or for worse.)

even though it might seem futile, I'm gonna still try everyday just to be sure they know I want them to allow custom codes. If datel tries to fuck us over with a new product doing the same exact thing as powersaves is capable of doing, just with the added software feature of custom user-made codes, I'll just refuse to support them. Sometimes you just have to take a stand on principle. I'll just wait till some free alternative arrives in some form however long it takes. If datel is reading this they need to understand that they have to serve their customers desires if they want us to continue supporting their brand.

Reactions: MGS1980

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even though it might seem futile, I'm gonna still try everyday just to be sure they know I want them to allow custom codes. If datel tries to fuck us over with a new product doing the same exact thing as powersaves is capable of doing, just with the added software feature of custom user-made codes, I'll just refuse to support them. Sometimes you just have to take a stand on principle. I'll just wait till some free alternative arrives in some form however long it takes. If datel is reading this they need to understand that they have to serve their customers desires if they want us to continue supporting their brand.
The sad thing is that for every one user who is on this board, you have 2-3 pre-pubescent kids who will buy any device that allows them to hack Pokemon. This forum, where the majority of Powersaves users on it share similar opinions, really only represents a small portion of the worldwide install base as a whole. As long as Datel makes money, they could care less if they lose a few of us if they virtually abandon Powersaves (much like several flashcart manufacturers have done in the past.)

People are easily distracted and will almost always go for the "New and Improved" version of something if given the option. Look at how many people were freaking out about not being able to find Powersaves Pro when it first came out even when Datel said that it was the same exact thing as the readily available Powersaves.

With that being said, I do respect your position and for taking a stand if they end up doing something like that.

Nyancat

wow i have a custom title, how nice
Trophies
XP
Country
I think Datel don't want user-enabled codes because some people might just put random codes in that will have no benefit over the game.
The people that put real codes in would be trusted but who knows what could happen if random people put random codes in, would probably inject bricking of carts and freezing of your game.

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
I think Datel don't want user-enabled codes because some people might just put random codes in that will have no benefit over the game.
The people that put real codes in would be trusted but who knows what could happen if random people put random codes in, would probably inject bricking of carts and freezing of your game.

You are responsible for your own codes, Datel won't put "user-created codes" in their list. This didn't happen for Cyber Save, the official codes for Pokemon X/Y are VERY limited.

What's happening is that Datel wants to sell as many of their Powersaves as possible. That means keeping up the hype, slowly releasing codes over time. If they give users free reign over hex editing and customized codes, their sales might drop and that is something they want to avoid.

Reactions: MGS1980

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Powersave is stuck on "Downloading save"-any ideas?

I had that happen once. I disconnected and my cart was fine. It's the "Writing" portion that you have to be really careful of.

I will end this post by saying this. This is just my anecdotal experience on the one time that it happened to me, so do not take it as a 100% guarantee that nothing bad will happen if you follow my advice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Blah. 3 of my NSO + Expansion Pass family group members are leaving. Found one replacement so far but still need to fill two empty slots. I have 9 days or i eat the extra cost myself. But with a full group $11 for a year is a good deal. imo
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    new ghostbusters was decent, not as good as the previous one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye,
    theres a new ghostbusters?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: