ROM Hack New powersaves 3ds thread

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what's this Japanese Powersaves I hear? This thing is literally like Pokegen, change IVs and etc.?

If you are talking about the Japanese version of Powersaves, it is the same as the one we have. It is made by Datel.

If you are talking about the Cyber Gadget Save Editor for 3DS, it allows for hex editing of saves. It was updated to include Pokemon today. Think of it as a traditional Action Replay but only for saves. With the correct program, you can custom make Pokemon, get a code, plug it in, and alter the save. It only works for Japanese 3DS games and will not recognize a Pokemon save that has been made while playing it on a software modded 3DS. You must generate the cart save on a correctly updated Japanese 3DS.

K1RO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are talking about the Cyber Gadget Save Editor for 3DS, it allows for hex editing of saves. It was updated to include Pokemon today. Think of it as a traditional Action Replay but only for saves. With the correct program, you can custom make Pokemon, get a code, plug it in, and alter the save. It only works for Japanese 3DS games and will not recognize a Pokemon save that has been made while playing it on a software modded 3DS. You must generate the cart save on a correctly updated Japanese 3DS.
Oh dang... I should've imported my 3DS and Pokemon. I was going to so I can play them in Japanese but my friend said(before release), that Pokemon can play in other languages no matter where you buy it from. That was good news, because imports are so expensive... but now Cyber Gadget?! I think importing was a good choice lol.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh dang... I should've imported my 3DS and Pokemon. I was going to so I can play them in Japanese but my friend said(before release), that Pokemon can play in other languages no matter where you buy it from. That was good news, because imports are so expensive... but now Cyber Gadget?! I think importing was a good choice lol.

Importing works best if the system isn't region locked. I imported a Vita on it's Japanese launch. I import games for it from time to time, but I buy the majority of them domestically. For a region locked system, it is a true double edged sword. You may get some things earlier and maybe some games that are never localized, but you significantly jack up the cost of playing games since you will be paying a premium for everything from physical games to shop points.

Now that Cyber Gadget has thrown down the gauntlet, I don't think that it will be too long before Datel responds or Cyber Gadget begins to spread to other territories. Pokemon was the major selling point for Action Replays. Don't underestimate the fact that Datel and Cyber Gadget knows this. Datel knows that everybody has been moaning about wanting to be able to use Powersaves like an Action Replay. Cyber Gadget knows that too. It will be interesting as to what will happen in the next few weeks in this arena for sure.

thagrouch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
too bad i dont have the setup to run this, but shelling out 200 bux (not including any possible additional shipping fees) doesnt really seem worth it right now. (keeps fingers crossed)

K1RO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that Cyber Gadget has thrown down the gauntlet, I don't think that it will be too long before Datel responds or Cyber Gadget begins to spread to other territories. Pokemon was the major selling point for Action Replays. Don't underestimate the fact that Datel and Cyber Gadget knows this. Datel knows that everybody has been moaning about wanting to be able to use Powersaves like an Action Replay. Cyber Gadget knows that too. It will be interesting as to what will happen in the next few weeks in this arena for sure.
Only thing I want is a IV changer for my legendaries. My Jolly Yveltal is already perfect, Timid Yveltal/Bold Xerneas/Adamant Zygarde all have 4 each with above 25IV for the 5th IV.

It'll be cool if GameFreak tweaks the Synchronize ability in the next game. Like the Pokemon you encouter will randomly choose 1 of the 6 IVs your Sync Pokemon has. For legends, they'll have 3 31IVs already, and a 4th 31IV(if the Sync Pokemon is 6IV). So it'll be 3.125% chance of getting the 5th 31IV... add the Nature for 50%, and it'll be 1.56% chance.

dsdavis6

Trophies
XP
Country
They can bombard me, but I'm under no obligation to give any away. With as common as these things are, you can find somebody giving them away for peanuts just about anywhere.

I do it all the time on other forums anyway, and it isn't all that bad.
Actually I meant Jacob will bombard you for more ;)

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
Importing works best if the system isn't region locked. I imported a Vita on it's Japanese launch. I import games for it from time to time, but I buy the majority of them domestically. For a region locked system, it is a true double edged sword. You may get some things earlier and maybe some games that are never localized, but you significantly jack up the cost of playing games since you will be paying a premium for everything from physical games to shop points.

Totally agree dude-hopefully this will make Datel realise if they want to keep customers,they better give the public what they want or someone else will.Regardless of if its "morally" right

h448

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Totally agree dude-hopefully this will make Datel realise if they want to keep customers,they better give the public what they want or someone else will.Regardless of if its "morally" right

Well, Datel doesn't really NEED to do anything (yet, anyway. they don't have any True global competition). Cyber Gadget as it stands is Japan only so if Datel decides not to do anything, they only really alienate their Japanese audience. People who already bought the Powersaves that might want to 'move on' to Cyber Gadget aren't really Datel's concerns, we already bought their product so they're not exactly losing anything. If it was a paid subscription, then maybe they'd be more motivated.

Pulling in new ones is their concern, which, if they slowly roll out new codes, even without Full Hex Editing, they will still have their customers.

However, I would love if Datel decides to pull a "well, I guess we can just make a full Action Replay for the 3ds since now it's in the open". Even if it isn't Powersaves I'd buy that right away. :lol:

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
they most probably would just sell it as a rebranded product if they ever did do it....all the same hardware with "pro version" keys.....if they wanted to be fair(ish) they could offer the pro upgrade to existing customers....but companies aren't generally fair so they would likely just make people buy the hardware again

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
if official Diancie is already released , why keeping the fake one ?

i really hope they make slot 1-5 wonder card
so this make easier to get the perfect pokemon

Nyancat

wow i have a custom title, how nice
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I hope Datel are feeling competitive to keep their customers, even though they have their old ones, but Cyber Gadget might actually convince them to get rolling with the codes.

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Highly unlikey. After all, Diancie couldn't until it was officially released by Nintendo/GF.

Speaking of Diancie not being able to traded, the legit (if one can even call it that) Diancie obtained via Powersaves. You know, that pesky "It's a Special Pokemon! You can't trade it!" message reared its' ugly head when I tried.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of Diancie not being able to traded, the legit (if one can even call it that) Diancie obtained via Powersaves. You know, that pesky "It's a Special Pokemon! You can't trade it!" message reared its' ugly head when I tried.

Special ribbons block trading over the GTS/WT, it's not illegal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol