New Pokémon Ultra Sun and Moon trailer

A new trailer for the upcoming Pokémon games has been uploaded by Nintendo. This video showcases some new changes that'll be appearing in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, such as Dusk Form Lycanroc, different outfits for the main character, and new Z-moves. The trailer also teases that never before seen secrets will be revealed in the games, when they launch later this year on November 17.

ken95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
While I was burned out quite rapidly back when Sun and Moon was a thing, there are a few things I hope this one could do/fix to make me interested in Gen 7 again before the Switch:
-Bring back gyms (fuck those half assed trials!)
-Add new shiny hunting methods
-Make a good post game?
-Make the experience less linear if possible
-Drop the two little bitches (Lillie and Hau).

That's all really.
I wonder if the white cross thing is Necrozma without his Prism Armour...Hmm...

Last edited by ken95,

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I was burned out quite rapidly back when Sun and Moon was a thing, there are a few things I hope this one could do/fix to make me interested in Gen 7 again before the Switch:
-Bring back gyms (fuck those half assed trials!)
-Add new shiny hunting methods
-Make a good post game?
-Make the experience less linear if possible
-Drop the two little bitches (Lillie and Hau).

That's all really.
I wonder if the white cross thing is Necrozma without his Prism Armour...Hmm...
Gyms add nothing to the gameplay. They're just tedious hallways with trainers along the way. Trials are more involved and thus superior, imo.

You're not missing out on battles, as there are tons of trainers in zones to make up for the gym loss. You spend more time exploring than walking to the next annoying trainer. Sun and Moon fixed a longtime problem with the Pokemon series.

Not sure what you mean by making the experience less linear. Do you mean the pokemon stats or the overall game experience? If the latter, maybe rpgs just aren't for you.

If anything, I hope more post-game content is added that's more than a silly battle tower. I really hate those. Some DLC for legendaries or something. Battle against developer teams. Something.

Reactions: andremario81

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Gyms add nothing to the gameplay. They're just tedious hallways with trainers along the way. Trials are more involved and thus superior, imo.
Gym evolved beyond what they were in gen 1 and 2. Also if you want to generalize to that extend, shouldn't you just say trials are doing a tedious or basic task to fight a boss Pokemon that goes down easily anyway?
First trial was just going through a cave - the same general shape as a gym anyway while Team Skull bothered you so you could get to the totem. Pretty much the gym formula you just called tedious
Second one was just surfing out to a spot.
Third was a silly minigame with trainer battles, again similar to the gym formula you just called tedious.
Fourth was a tedious fetch quest
Fifth was just battling Pokemon while the totem came to you rather than actually exploring something.
Sixth was just walking around a gym-shaped area while taking pics.
Seventh was just "oh hey, a totem Pokemon in the middle of nowhere"

Reactions: Xiphiidae

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Gym evolved beyond what they were in gen 1 and 2. Also if you want to generalize to that extend, shouldn't you just say trials are doing a tedious or basic task to fight a boss Pokemon that goes down easily anyway?
First trial was just going through a cave - the same general shape as a gym anyway while Team Skull bothered you so you could get to the totem. Pretty much the gym formula you just called tedious
Second one was just surfing out to a spot.
Third was a silly minigame with trainer battles, again similar to the gym formula you just called tedious.
Fourth was a tedious fetch quest
Fifth was just battling Pokemon while the totem came to you rather than actually exploring something.
Sixth was just walking around a gym-shaped area while taking pics.
Seventh was just "oh hey, a totem Pokemon in the middle of nowhere"
the point is that unlike gyms the trials actually changed the formula up. With gyms you always had defeat x trainer, overcome this gimick x and battle the boss now... rinse and repeat.
While the trials where far from perfect but at leat tried to offer some form of variance.

ken95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

You're not missing out on battles, as there are tons of trainers in zones to make up for the gym loss. You spend more time exploring than walking to the next annoying trainer. Sun and Moon fixed a longtime problem with the Pokemon series.

Not sure what you mean by making the experience less linear. Do you mean the pokemon stats or the overall game experience? If the latter, maybe rpgs just aren't for you.

If anything, I hope more post-game content is added that's more than a silly battle tower. I really hate those. Some DLC for legendaries or something. Battle against developer teams. Something.
No I mean gyms are a staple of Pokemon games. You collect gym badges, defeat the Evil Team, beat the E4 and done. Why bother changing that formula when they can't even do it properly? They literally dropped the ball at the final trial...

What I mean by making the experience less linear is that you can at least go in another route other than the one the plot demands it. Thankfully in SM it gave more liberty to roam around islands (but even then there wasn't much to explore really...)

I agree on that last part you mentioned though. And hopefully less Lillie and Hau. God they were annoying. :hateit:

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No I mean gyms are a staple of Pokemon games. You collect gym badges, defeat the Evil Team, beat the E4 and done. Why bother changing that formula when they can't even do it properly? They literally dropped the ball at the final trial...

And why aren't they allowed to change this by now antique staple? Evolving and changing staples is a integral part of evolving something be it a game or human kind. If no one ever dared to change any staple why may as well could still life in the middle ages if not stone age.

Also not everything can be perfect at first try. Gyms weren't either in the beginning and still aren't but that is natural as nothing can really be perfect. .

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

Last edited by ken28,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And why aren't they allowed to change this by now antique staple? Evolving and changing staples is a integral part of evolving something be it a game or human kind. If no one ever dared to change any staple why may as well could still life in the middle ages if not stone age.

Also not everything can be perfect at first try. Gyms weren't either in the beginning.

I almost had to admit you were right, but i see there you use tapatalk, so whatever you say is wrong, though luck, right?

ken95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Also not everything can be perfect at first try. Gyms weren't either in the beginning and still aren't but that is natural as nothing can really be perfect. .

Granted, The concept of trials at first was interesting when revealed and hinted for more potentially fun and varied experiences in different areas of the region but the problem was the execution of it. I would have prefered now they kept to gyms at this point.
Do you qualify walking in a straight line defeating three pokemon in succession before the Totem pokemon something fun?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?