Hacking New Play Control Pikmin 2

the_rhino_uk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to run a backup of New Play Control Pikmin 2 through NeoGamma but I am getting read disk errors.

I turned off the disk update option on preloader 0.29 to see if there was a disk update to be install and there is.

After a bit of reading around I think the game needs ISO 33 installed to run so how do I go about doing that? Is iso33 the only iso I need to install?

Do I
a) Just run the game update (I am assuming not as there is a risk of bricking)!
b) Extract the iso33.wad from the games ISO using wiiScrubber and then install that wad using wad manager (its IOS33-64-v2832.wad in the game iso file)
OR
c) Download a custom iso33 wad from somewhere and install that using wad manager (is so where do I get it from)?

Please help!

Thanks

the_rhino_uk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone? I can't find out what am I am meant to be doing to solve this.

Can I use a backup loader to install the updates? I thought gecko OS 1.9 would do it but there is nothing it is options to suggest it can and when I try to run the game it says there is no dvd there!

Help!

the_rhino_uk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What, extracting the IOS from the game ISO and installing it via wad manager? That one?

Anyone else? Anyone also know which IOS's I need to install?

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the_rhino_uk said:
What, extracting the IOS from the game ISO and installing it via wad manager? That one?

Anyone else? Anyone also know which IOS's I need to install?

If you're missing an IOS, it's surely one of the newer ones: 38, 53, and 55 are what you'll be missing if you're on 3.2. And I do believe Pikmin 2 uses one of those.

Also, if the screen is specifically telling you it's a disc read error, then it's just that, a disc read error. Burn again, different media, different speed.

The update being blocked by Preloader surely isn't the issue. I've got countless games including Pikmin 2, with all updates in place (I never use brickblocked or scrubbed games), with the only barrier being the Preloader hack. Disc read errors aren't caused by this.

Finally, if you'd just go ahead and update to 4.0/4.1, you wouldn't have these issues anymore, and you'd automatically acquire the IOSes you need. There's no longer any reason for anybody to hold back, at all.

the_rhino_uk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah ok, sorry I forgot to mention what version I was one.

I have updated to 4.1E which is why I was confused why it didn't work. I never thought of it being a bad burn as imgburner said it burnt ok (even after the verification)!

I shall try burning another copy and see what that does.

Why would it still be asking for a game update by the way (when I turn off the block in preloader) if I am am using ver 4.1E?

I used this softmod guide:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/773505

Has that got something to do with it, has some of the required ISO's been patched and the game wants to override them

Sorry for all the questions, I am just trying to work all this out. I am going to try a fresh burn and see what that does.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, I think i'm one too