New-gen versions of 'The Eternal Cylinder' announced

the eternal cylinder.JPG

The Eternal Cylinder, the surreal, peculiar survival game from ACE Team is coming to new-gen platforms as well as Steam, the developer announced today. For the occasion, a new trailer was aired:

The Eternal Cylinder takes place on an alien world teeming with surreal environments, exotic beings and awe-inspiring wonders, all dominated by The Cylinder: a gargantuan structure of ancient origin that relentlessly crushes everything in its path. You are but a tiny Trebhum – not the strongest or fastest creature, but born with the most powerful ability of all: adaptation. What you lack in size you’ll need to make up for in resourcefulness and ingenuity – mutate and evolve your Trebhum family with new attributes and abilities to navigate hazardous obstacles and escape dangerous predators. Gather your herd and embark on the perilous journey to save your planet from The Eternal Cylinder.

In addition to the game's upcoming launch on new platforms, an Anniversary Update was also announced. This will bring the following new content on all platforms:
  • New Creatures to Discover: Two new beings are roaming the world – approach at your own risk!
    • The Buddugh Gropp is a highly aggressive herbivore found in the tundra biome.
    • The Gharukuk is a large tripodal omnivore located in the desert.
  • New Mutation: Your Trebhum have developed a fiery new mutation that lets them shoot jets of flame from their trunks, a spicy defense against predators – especially those with fur!
  • New Graphics Options: You’ve never experienced The Eternal Cylinder like this before! Become even more immersed in this wildly vivid world with the following upgrades:
    • Steam/Epic Games Store: Enjoy 4K resolution and ray tracing.
    • PlayStation 5: Choose between 4K or ray tracing modes, with support for haptic feedback and adaptive triggers on DualSense™ wireless controllers.
    • Xbox Series X: Choose between 4K or ray tracing modes (ray tracing unavailable on Xbox Series S).
The Eternal Cylinder will land on Steam, PS5, and Xbox Series X|S on October 13. Owners of the game on the PS4 and Xbox One will be able to upgrade to the next-gen version for free on their respective consoles.

Be sure to check out our official review of The Eternal Cylinder, linked below, ahead of its new-gen and Steam launch!

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow: The Eternal Cylinder Official GBAtemp Review

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Kinda silly that this didn't at least take advantage of stronger hardware on PC to begin with, but you can get away with that type of thing on the black hole that is EGS I suppose. I got the PS4 version, so can't complain about a free upgrade.

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was thinking it would be nice if they could implement haptic feedback for PC players who use a DualSense, but then I remember I didn't really find the feature all that impressive on PS5 games that claimed to make the best use of it, and at worst even intrusive. Looking forward to this regardless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto