Hacking New Gateway 3.1.1 update (with Cubic Ninja support!)

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is it possible to boot up gateway mode without an emunand, install cubic ninja as a cia and run the 3.1.1 launcher from there?
This is rather interesting but it's not possible since there is no legit cia for that game. It might be possible if you could update to the latest firmware, buy the game, rip it, downgrade then install the ripped cia via the method you described.

Reactions: Destinykid

Killaclown

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
well i would say a 16GB for the n3DS, and say about 16gb for the gateway card would be ok, you can get more if you want to store more games, but that should be enough for a fair amount of cia installs and a bunch of .3DS games

just find out the sizes of all the games you want add them up and see what size you will need, and emunand on the n3DS uses up 2GB of the built in msd, so more that 4gb would be suggested

Thanks a bunch! :grog:

Destinykid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is rather interesting but it's not possible since there is no legit cia for that game. It might be possible if you could update to the latest firmware, buy the game, rip it, downgrade then install the ripped cia via the method you described.

Thanks for the answer. Someone asked a couple pages ago but I wanted a better answer than just no. :)

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If only it was possible to copyright exploits, than hackers all over the world would be recognized...........and getting caught at the same time.
news flash for the ignorant: there's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING illegal about exploiting software errors for purposes other than intended, or at least yet...

As to gateway, it's entirely possible that they managed to reproduce the exploit from available information. Just knowing that it IS possible is the first major step.

BTW, I got a HUGE laugh from that sell/"allow to use" comment, as a matter of fact ROFLMAO, even more so now that I FULLY consider the entire scope... :facepalm:

stussy1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
black screen yet again,it's either the n3ds is faulty or it's not compatible with 64gb memory cards,i have tried it with 2 sandisk cards both 100% genuine none fake & one of which is brand new.
I'm using a sandisk 64 together with cn working fine
If your using it internal maybe it doesn't as I'm using
It with the gateway

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I'm using a sandisk 64 together with cn working fine

do you get black screens at all when booting into gw mode ? for me i get black screens & console completely freezes every time i boot into gw mode,usually the 2nd or 3rd try works for me. this can't be good for my n3ds i'm sure it will cause damage to the hardware in the long run. they need to fix it

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not buy an SD card, and especially a large capacity one such as 64GB, from anyone except a large store chain (or their website). There are just too many fake cards around.

And cutterjohn: It certainly is illegal by DMCA to circumvent "technological measures" that control access, so yes, exploiting software errors is against the law.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a Sony "64"GB UHS-I uSD current in my n3dsxl and it works fine stock. [EDIT] FAT32/32k clusters[/EDIT]

I'm waiting for a couple additional "64"GB uSDs(SONY again since good price/perf, used the ealier extras on a different project so i didn't have any spares for when gw delivered) to show up(probably saturday) as I'm going to archive the current "64"GB for the time being and run the gateway w/a fresh blank one.

Anyone else find the WiFi system management thing flakey/useless? (well I know already that it's INCREDIBLY sssslllllooooowwwww) I just ask as I attempted to backup the original (cheap --- Nintendo 4(8?) GB uSD) via that before cracking it open to swap in the 64GB but it always ended up crapping out and given how damned sssssllllllloooooowwwwww it was I ended up just cracking it open(major PITA although I understand it's easier after violating it the first time ;) (small joke)) and backing it up via a USB stick.

All I can say is than CN is the best $10 that I've spent on the n3ds so far, especially that I really decided not to buy one until release day(and bestbuy was useful for once a 9.0 black...) and just bought CN for ninjhax and it looked like I might actually play it a little... guess the time was post-ninjhax scalping and pre-gw hypetrain exploit.

WiiU: ...and so the wiiu exploit people, only boarded that train last month as well(originally looking for wiis but new ones were of questionable origin/region and older ones insanely overpriced(not pre-hacked even, even though that's trivial)) and it shipped with 5.3.1 which I just let go ahead and update to 5.3.2 IIRC. (Might've been a slightly older fw but I'm certain that it was 5.x.x and general consensus was vwii hacks still worked, no certain wiiu hack so go ahead and update, so I did... which reminds me that I need to do some usb loader gx testing some time...)

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
do you get black screens at all when booting into gw mode ? for me i get black screens & console completely freezes every time i boot into gw mode,usually the 2nd or 3rd try works for me. this can't be good for my n3ds i'm sure it will cause damage to the hardware in the long run. they need to fix it
Satel, try changing the launcher file with a fresh one.

Artemis-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And setting up a gateway is easy? lol. Id rather have tracking fixed. A theme is literally three taps of the stylus :)
Alright alright, I'll agree. Perhaps I was just too paranoid feeling about it all since this is my first foray in to the 3ds world, but now that I've gotten used to the process, it's actually pretty easy to know where you are and when, unless you just don't pay attention at all to what you're doing.

Haven't read the whole thread, but did anyone else experience, that the CN exploit is far less reliable than OOT? With CN I get into the GW menu nearly everytime, but entering GW mode from there crashes the N3DS most of the time.
I've had it so far crash only once when loading the QR menu of Cubic Ninja, but have never had it crash whatsoever when loading into emunand. I have no copy of OOT to compare against, but if I had to make a wager, it could be your SD card.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Satel, try changing the launcher file with a fresh one.

i did already as i have formatted the 64gb card at least a dozen times yesterday also using different fat32 formatting tools. by the way does this mean you don't get black screens ?!!

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
i did already as i have formatted the 64gb card at least a dozen times yesterday also using different fat32 formatting tools. by the way does this mean you don't get black screens ?!!
Eh? Well, I didn't get them..... but I got white screens after formatting emunand where prior to that, the exploit worked...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof