Hacking New Gateway 3.1.1 update (with Cubic Ninja support!)

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
has anyone tried to extract their N3ds GW emunand 9.5 using emunand tool yet?

i am getting an error message " unknown NAND size please contact me"
then it creates the dump and it's only like 512kb
is this normal?
how can i make a good backup of my 9.5 emunand ?

you can if you use the latest emunand tool version 1.0.3

Reactions: weatMod

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wait so the blue card is useless now? I could have sworn you could use it for DS gmaes if you downgraded
As [user]gamesquest1[/user] so thoughtfully pointed out it can now be used with the n3ds as well. I have never used it and I have heard it is crappy, but don't know how crappy compared to an r4. If it runs the game you have 95% of what you want a flash card for. :)

has anyone tried to extract their N3ds GW emunand 9.5 using emunand tool yet?

i am getting an error message " unknown NAND size please contact me"
then it creates the dump and it's only like 512kb
is this normal?
how can i make a good backup of my 9.5 emunand ?

I have on 3 n3ds using version1.0.3 successfully. Contact the developer [user]n1ghty[/user] and let him know. you can post the issue in the release thread as well. The tool is under active developemt and n1ghty would like to know about your problem.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/page-18

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As [user]gamesquest1[/user] so thoughtfully pointed out it can now be used with the n3ds as well. I have never used it and I have heard it is crappy, but don't know how crappy compared to an r4. If it runs the game you have 95% of what you want a flash card for. :)

I have on 3 n3ds using version1.0.3 successfully. Contact the developer [user]n1ghty[/user] and let him know. you can post the issue in the release thread as well. The tool is under active developemt and n1ghty would like to know about your problem.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/page-18

ok backup worked with 1.0.3

so when i buy a new larger card i just have to put the fresh fat 32 formatted card in my 3ds and create and backup and format emunand on with GW first?
or do i need to do something special for N3ds?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok backup worked with 1.0.3

so when i buy a new larger card i just have to put the fresh fat 32 formatted card in my 3ds and create and backup and format emunand on with GW first?
or do i need to do something special for N3ds?
I didn't follow you there. To use a larger card:
1 format new card to fat32 (put launcher.dat on it)
2 from GW menu format emunand
3. Move back to PC, inject your emunand.bin into emuand on mSD card
4 copy folder structure to mSD.
5. Put in 3ds boot it and Enjoy. :)

Reactions: weatMod

cero55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So every time i want to load up gateway firmware i have to go through cubic ninja?also do i have to be in gateway firmware to load up and play cia games?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, so what games if any require past 9.0 emunand currently? I don't think there are any right?
According to 3ds.essh.co there are several that come with 9.0-9.4, but that does not necessarily mean the SDK used for development requires the higher FW. A few weeks ago I saw in a post a tool that read the game file and could provide that information but I don't recall the name. I think it was related to MM3D.

Project steam, cookin mama, gardening mama, newer ssb are some that come with >9.0.

lcleong

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Code Name Steam USA - 9.4
Mario vs Donkey Kong Minna de Mini Land JAPAN - 9.4
Zelda no Densetsu Majora no Kamen JAPAN - 9.4
Home Menu Kazareru Badge Toreru Center JAPAN eShop - 9.3
Super Smash Bros USA with update included inside - 9.2
Gardening Mama Forest Friends EUR - 9.2
Cooking Mama Bon Appetit EUR - 9.2

and still got few more game require 9.0

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Code Name Steam USA - 9.4
Mario vs Donkey Kong Minna de Mini Land JAPAN - 9.4
Zelda no Densetsu Majora no Kamen JAPAN - 9.4
Home Menu Kazareru Badge Toreru Center JAPAN eShop - 9.3
Super Smash Bros USA with update included inside - 9.2
Gardening Mama Forest Friends EUR - 9.2
Cooking Mama Bon Appetit EUR - 9.2

and still got few more game require 9.0

Majoras mask does? Damn ah well, i'll keep looking at other games like shovel knight etc.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No need to panic ;) Just play your roms as you usually would and when it asks you to update just do, but be sure the ROM youre updating from is from your region and that the update is 9.5 or bellow.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
No need to panic ;) Just play your roms as you usually would and when it asks you to update just do, but be sure the ROM youre updating from is from your region and that the update is 9.5 or bellow.

Alright, I ran MM3d and that didn't ask me anything so I'm guessing EUR version supports 9.0, make check into this a little more later

I do have 1 or two US roms but I guess the games that get updated anyway are the ones that use online so any single player game that I have thats not from my region should be fine as they never get updates

EDIT: Other than 3DS Roms what else can I put on my 64gb microSD card, I feel that majority of things I do will be on the 32gb N3ds Msd card (CIA 3DS Games, CIA Eshop games, Themes, etc.)

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I ran MM3d and that didn't ask me anything so I'm guessing EUR version supports 9.0, make check into this a little more later

I do have 1 or two US roms but I guess the games that get updated anyway are the ones that use online so any single player game that I have thats not from my region should be fine as they never get updates

EDIT: Other than 3DS Roms what else can I put on my 64gb microSD card, I feel that majority of things I do will be on the 32gb N3ds Msd card (CIA 3DS Games, CIA Eshop games, Themes, etc.)
P0rn

/jk

Really just roms. You have a long life ahead of you, it will fill up.

If only there was a list of all games that have updates available. That would be really cool. I wonder where you might find such a list? Maybe in a section for updates and DLC? I wouldn't know. :)

Reactions: GaaraPrime

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
P0rn

/jk

Really just roms. You have a long life ahead of you, it will fill up.

If only there was a list of all games that have updates available. That would be really cool. I wonder where you might find such a list? Maybe in a section for updates and DLC? I wouldn't know. :)

Gotcha, i'll check my sources :D

Maximoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, where to buy a regular New 3DS Black EU with possible 9.2 or lower firmware? I need it ship internationally! EBay does have white only and Amazon have it but it cost almost 300 USD ...

alin72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeh, I heard that was a good site for international shipping

EDIT: Just read a CIA precaution thread on a useful site, helped clear up a few things :D

I must NEVER touch Data management in "SysNand"

Time for some .cia hunting :hrth:
I heard if you format sysnand then you won't have a problem entering data management. I will probably install a small cia to test this theory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: