Hacking New free homebrew entry point. FlashHax

Fullmetal5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops, just remembered I forget to change out the payload on that version (that's what I get for lazily using their memmove) with the updated Japanese one so currently it will always hang.
Rather than making separate versions I'm just going to work on removing the dependency (memmove) from the payload so it works on all versions.

EDIT: In the mean time an updated version has been pushed out that just adjusts the memmove accordingly. It SHOULD work now.

Last edited by Fullmetal5,

Jasjar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Australia
After a few hiccups like making an incorrect setting.txt(full brick yay), I was able to region change to JPN. It worked perfectly on the second try.(By the way, I was on the 480p video mode). This exploit is great.

Fullmetal5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a few hiccups like making an incorrect setting.txt(full brick yay), I was able to region change to JPN. It worked perfectly on the second try.(By the way, I was on the 480p video mode). This exploit is great.
Awesome to hear it worked!
You said your were on 480p mode. Did you have to change it to that to get it to work?

Jasjar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Australia
Well, I didn't check 480i till today. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work on 480i, no matter how many times I run it. The downloading payload part gets stuck at 99% or more rarely 98% by the way.

nino38

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Just finished up the JP version but there is one big road block in the way.
Testing.
The Japanese internet channel like all other region locked titles only launches on a Japanese console.
So I just used priiloader with a region hack to boot it anyway and that almost worked except now the channel just crashes shortly after getting to the main menu and I can't tell why.
Thus I have been unable to actually test this on real hardware...

So if anybody would be so kind and if you have a working Japanese Internet Channel could you please visit /j/ and test if it launches correctly.
Please let me know in this thread if it worked and if there were any problems. It's been hard to judge the success rate in dolphin do to internet speeds being wildly different then on real hardware so any number on that would be great too.
Once testing has been done and if everything works ok I will integrate this into the home page.

I tried it on my Japanese Wii and it worked on both 480i and 480p! Thank you very much!

Last edited by nino38,

Fullmetal5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I tried it with Japanese Wii, it worked for both 480i and 480p! Thank you!
Good to know!
In that case I'll go ahead and integrate it into the main page so there won't be a separate page to visit.
Might take me a few days since midterms are happening and have sucked up all my time.

Reactions: nino38

nino38

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Good to know!
In that case I'll go ahead and integrate it into the main page so there won't be a separate page to visit.
Might take me a few days since midterms are happening and have sucked up all my time.

I couldn't confirm it as soon as I had an examination. I'm sorry.

Fullmetal5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The interesting thing is that when the exploit fails 99% of the time the crash happens because the heap spray failed to land on the right address.
Surprisingly when porting to J the target address of the heap spray didn't have to change. Every other offset was just off -0x860 from the U and E regions.
I'm not really sure why this offset didn't change but suddenly wasn't as likely to be allocated in the J region.
When I tried adjusting it down 0x860 bytes like everything else it never got hit so I don't really know why it became less likely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo