Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
I would try waiting on that screen for a couple of minutes to see if it changes. It doesn't sound like it finished downloading the payload or else the Wii should have hung when the exploit failed to find it.

I kept the cursor on the screen and it loaded. :)

My friend tested this with his NTSC-J and PAL Wii, didn’t work.

NTSC-J gave a “Something is wrong!” error.
PAL just froze

I know of a way to get the NTSC-J and PAL versions on the NTSC-U Wii, so if you want me to help you with that please DM me.

Fullmetal5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kept the cursor on the screen and it loaded. :)

My friend tested this with his NTSC-J and PAL Wii, didn’t work.

NTSC-J gave a “Something is wrong!” error.
PAL just froze

I know of a way to get the NTSC-J and PAL versions on the NTSC-U Wii, so if you want me to help you with that please DM me.
Yeah, I haven't ported it to any other regions so I don't expect those to work. It shouldn't be too hard to make it work I just need to get the new addresses for all the gadgets in the rop chain and figure out a new stable heap location for the string spray.
Honestly the most annoying part will probably be just changing my Wii to the different regions over and over to check them all.

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I haven't ported it to any other regions so I don't expect those to work. It shouldn't be too hard to make it work I just need to get the new addresses for all the gadgets in the rop chain and figure out a new stable heap location for the string spray.
Honestly the most annoying part will probably be just changing my Wii to the different regions over and over to check them all.

You do not have to change them to different regions, there’s a Priiloader hack you can use to make it load the other regions. PM me.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Why not ask for beta testers?

Chadderz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.chadsoft.co.uk
XP
Country
Thanks and congratulations to Fullmetal5 for the exploit. It seemed odd at first to hear of an exploit for Wii after all this time, but this one does have some useful properties, particularly no SD card requirement.

MrBean35000vr and I have compiled a version with a Wiimmfi patcher in and so hopefully this will provide a super easy way for people to access Wiimmfi even if they aren't technically competent or have no SD.

We've noticed that people running PAL often can get it to work (lower success rate though), though only if there TV mode is set to 60Hz. Our testers suggest NTSC-J does not work. Hopefully this can all be improved in future.

ComboOfWombo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any reason the Ethernet adapter wouldn't work on Wii Mini? Did they actually patch out network support, or is it just a lack of networking hardware?

Jasjar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Australia
Is there any reason the Ethernet adapter wouldn't work on Wii Mini? Did they actually patch out network support, or is it just a lack of networking hardware?
Networking as sd support were patched out of IOS, so no the ethernet adaptor won't work. There are still pads for the components, so with hardmods + a modchip you can make it like a normal wii though.

Last edited by Jasjar,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Edited: nvm, I'm dumb for not reading the video description, patcher not working if Internet Channel is on SD card, seems to be patcher-specific. I wonder why though

Last edited by Mr.Faq2015,

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Networking as sd support were patched out of IOS, so no the ethernet adaptor won't work. There are still pads for the components, so with hardmods + a modchip you can make it like a normal wii though.
Thats not true. I took a good long look at a wii mini to see if there was any possible way for it to be hard or soft modded and there is not

Jasjar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Australia
Thats not true. I took a good long look at a wii mini to see if there was any possible way for it to be hard or soft modded and there is not
There ways to hardmod and a few possible ways to softmod. A few select people have actually got a modchip working on their wii mini. Since the pads exist, as long as you find a way to install an unpatched IOS(MKW will happily boot any boot.dol or install any .wad in it's update partition as long as they are signed ), normal IOS's will work as long as there is a sd and a wifi chip soldered on. From that point you could just use a regular disc based exploit.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There ways to hardmod and a few possible ways to softmod. A few select people have actually got a modchip working on their wii mini. Since the pads exist, as long as you find a way to install an unpatched IOS(MKW will happily boot any boot.dol or install any .wad in it's update partition as long as they are signed ), normal IOS's will work as long as there is a sd and a wifi chip soldered on. From that point you could just use a regular disc based exploit.

Please show us any of this.

D

Deleted User

YOOOOO Does this mean it can run homebrew on Wii Mini?

plz

Edit: wait fuck nevermind it doesn't have internet

Rookii

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is amazing, it's nice to see the Wii hacking community is still going, it's a shame this doesn't work on the vWii (I don't use a WiiU but it would of been interesting.) Just a thought, does this work similar to BrowserHax on the 3DS? Anyway, good stuff keep it up :yaywii:

JamesPotkukelkka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
This could work on vwii if you could install the internet channel but you got the wii u trasfer tool on wii and the you can trasfer the channel

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
This is amazing, it's nice to see the Wii hacking community is still going, it's a shame this doesn't work on the vWii (I don't use a WiiU but it would of been interesting.) Just a thought, does this work similar to BrowserHax on the 3DS? Anyway, good stuff keep it up :yaywii:

Yes, same as what BrowserHax was like when it worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...