Hacking New free homebrew entry point. FlashHax

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thank you for sharing, and taking the time to write your post with a full explanation.
you even wrote the explanation in a logical and chronological way, easy to understand all the things you had to do to exploit this bug.

It's always nice to see new things, even if for old consoles. Even if it's "not useful" as most people already hacked their console, it's good to learn new things and like you said you did it to learn more about PPC.

The hackmii installer doesn't need SD to write the log? apparently not.

Ferris1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That was my question

And here is my answer, unfortunately...
I thought the Ethernet Adapter would work but it seams that it doesn’t work, maybe with a modchip and flashdisk it would be possible to enable (reinstall) the internet compatibility, but i think the most people doesn’t want to open their wii for just softmodding the wii mini but i think it’s possible to do that

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I thought the Ethernet Adapter would work but it seams that it doesn’t work, maybe with a modchip and flashdisk it would be possible to enable (reinstall) the internet compatibility, but i think the most people doesn’t want to open their wii for just softmodding the wii mini but i think it’s possible to do that
I don't understand why anyone who wants to softmod would buy a Wii Mini
and also I think it would be called hardmodding not softmodding

D

Deleted User

Is it usable on a wii mini? Because if we don’t need a SD Card it should work on it.
FYI soldering an SD slot onto a Wii mini and using smash stack does NOT work. Ios is hard coded to say there is no card inserted even when there is.

Reactions: cvskid

Ferris1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know, i was just making things clear to the temp mates questions, you included.

If you flash the iOS and system menu of a regular wii it should work.

only the driver is required but if you want to install any stuff you need Homebrew access so you need to use a modchip boot the wad installer, that’s the only way to boot Homebrews before you softmoded your wii mini

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you flash the iOS and system menu of a regular wii it should work.

only the driver is required but if you want to install any stuff you need Homebrew access so you need to use a modchip boot the wad installer, that’s the only way to boot Homebrews before you softmoded your wii mini

How do you re-flash the Wii Mini with no internet access and no SD access? A Wii modchip nowadays probably costs a lot more than just buying a used older Wii that has network and SD.

Last edited by GreyWolf,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@Ferris1000 my Wii is softmodded since the Twilight hack, so i'm pretty ok, no problems.
This was just a thinking for the Wii mini of my bosses, i tell this again so it get clear now.

Ferris1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How do you re-flash the Wii Mini with no internet access and no SD access? A Wii modchip nowadays probably costs a lot more than just buying a used older Wii that has network and SD.

If you burn a DVD with WAD Manager and all requied cIOS/IOS you don't need a SD Card Slot or an Ethernet Connection because everything is storred on this single Disc and ready to install.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work