New Flash Kit: Acekard R.P.G. announced! *Update*

Raisingod

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I really don't think they will charge 120 AUD for it
smile.gif

yep $100 AUD max i reckon. I don't think Acekard will charge the same premium G6 team does, but this cart has more hardware features.

so like $60-65 USD?

Probably not that low. But anyway, there was something on yyjoy a while ago which discussed the price of the AK2, it was either 200 chinese yuan, 600 chinese yuan or 800 chinese yuan (I think, or I might have forgotten the number completely). But at this time is was probably just speculation

200 CHY is about 26 $ so I guess not
smile.gif

xalphax

Internet killed the Ponystar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
i cant understand all them r4 haters...

the card is dirt cheap
it plays everything very good
the team is FAST with updates and responds to user requests well

i think its because they have got other cards and dont want them to be behind r4.... maybe they have better features, download play support etc etc.

but price/quality wise the r4 comes out on top

4ppleseed

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just happy to see another SDHC card on the market. I guess if a new R4 comes out with SDHC support and a host of new features we'll be jumping up and down for that.

quartercast

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
hello quartercast! anywaiz getting back on topic, the acekard r.p.g in my opinion would cost about 120AUD. How much is a g6 real 8gbs? and how much is an r4? reckon about 60 bucks each?

Hey sasuke! G6 real is expensive man. R4 - $50 hopefully, if you're not getting ripped off
cool.gif

EDIT: Oops just read above, G6 is not that expensive
biggrin.gif

EDIT 2: Hmm, that seems to be in USD

DavePS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
felix123 is right on the mark about not needing new kernels for original AK. I haven't needed to do the ARM7 shuffle for any games on AK everything just works.

recover

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is absolutely awesome, it really indeed looks like the card of teh cards!
I think that the biggest feature (and attraction) in the end will be that it's open source.
Think about it, only a few days after the card has been released (are there an estimated release date btw?) there will be tons of homebrew modifications of the card integrating tons of things.
After a few months devs will have settled in and really like the card and make wondrous firmwares with a zillion different combinations, then everyone who has it will recommend it to the next person.
This should encourage other card dealers to open source their firmware as well (hopefully, if the ARPG becomes popular enough).

If the card is coming soon it will probably make me regret buying my DS+R4 at this moment (just about a month old), since this seems to be soo cool.

Another cool feature is the transferring between the NAND memory and the microSD card, this will allow you to very easy share your roms and saves, even pictures/homebrews/configurations.

Marvelous, I await the reviews!!!

Raisingod

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Yeah it seems like this is a card that we can call next-gen (both internal and external memorey + Open source )

Hiratai

I'm like *tick* *tick*
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it seems like this is a card that we can call next-gen (both internal and external memorey + Open source )
Being open source has NOTHING to do with the next gen qualifications. This card is jsut another card that serves, a meaningless purpose, if you ask me. Once you use up ALL the space on NAND, you're practically screwed. If other companies really wanted tot do this, they would but they don't. Why? Because they want people to be satisfied with heir product, not having a bricked one

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is absolutely awesome, it really indeed looks like the card of teh cards!
I think that the biggest feature (and attraction) in the end will be that it's open source.
Think about it, only a few days after the card has been released (are there an estimated release date btw?) there will be tons of homebrew modifications of the card integrating tons of things.
After a few months devs will have settled in and really like the card and make wondrous firmwares with a zillion different combinations, then everyone who has it will recommend it to the next person.
This should encourage other card dealers to open source their firmware as well (hopefully, if the ARPG becomes popular enough).

If the card is coming soon it will probably make me regret buying my DS+R4 at this moment (just about a month old), since this seems to be soo cool.

Another cool feature is the transferring between the NAND memory and the microSD card, this will allow you to very easy share your roms and saves, even pictures/homebrews/configurations.

Marvelous, I await the reviews!!!
You're right. The hardware seems to be very good, and it can be supported to the max with open source firmware.

It's risky to directly flash a custom firmware though, so I hope they'll give an option to use it R4-like too. In this way, game fixes can be used via a loader, but the real firmware can be accessed to (for thinks like improving SDHC-compatibly).

G

Gilrad

Or they could handle the firmware like the CycloEvo, where there is a hard-written firmware that it defaults to if there is a failed write.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I suppose you can't read the microSD/SDHC card by just plugging the usb cable to the card? Because if you could, you would never have to remove it :S

recover

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
It's risky to directly flash a custom firmware though, so I hope they'll give an option to use it R4-like too. In this way, game fixes can be used via a loader, but the real firmware can be accessed to (for thinks like improving SDHC-compatibly).
Hmm... I wonder if it's actually possible to flash that part of the firmware.
I mean, thinking about the R4, my best guess is that there's a part of the card that detects the presence of a microSD card and then executes a specific address in it, starting the firmware that you put on the card yourself, and I think this part of the data is read-only
BUT in the case of the ARPG, it has a non-removable NAND memory, so I guess you store the firmware there.
And I guess most open-source developed firmware will not need to flash the part which loads the firmware stored on the NAND memory (I don't see the point in doing this either, I'm pretty certain that you will be able to control all you need to control without doing it).

I suppose you can't read the microSD/SDHC card by just plugging the usb cable to the card? Because if you could, you would never have to remove it :S
Well, I actually think that you will remove it even more than you would with lets say, an R4.
My argument only applies to people who knows other people using slot 1 cards with microSD.
Imagine, you can transfer data between the microSD and NAND freely without the need for a computer, this will allow you to transfer your roms/savegames to your microSD card and then put that microSD card in your buddies ARPG, then he can transfer the files he want from your microSD card to his NAND memory, then when he's done he can give you back your microSD card.
It will be SOOOO much easier to trade files from each others cards!

recover

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yea, it really sounds too good to be true.
But I think it's best to wait until the reviews start rolling out
tongue.gif

For all we know, this card might not ship until next year...

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Nice features, hope the official GBAtemp review comes soon lol.
Hopefully it's as good as it says it is and really is open-source, since I want to buy one just because the cart design is nice.
Cheers to a good cart design.
I mean, the CycloDS and DS-X have nice features when they were first introduced but the carts themselves look fugly.

Hiratai

I'm like *tick* *tick*
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice features, hope the official GBAtemp review comes soon lol.
Hopefully it's as good as it says it is and really is open-source, since I want to buy one just because the cart design is nice.
Cheers to a good cart design.
I mean, the CycloDS and DS-X have nice features when they were first introduced but the carts themselves look fugly.
Well the Cyclo looks fine as is, and the Ds-X doesn't.
tongue.gif

But if you think this cart will sell over design, you have failed, completely. Also, that's not even it, that's a mock up design.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They already started making these things (as prototypes/samples) before the image was released.
20070901_01b2add911e37b1081b64FYBcY.jpg

From yyjoy, as usual >_>

EDIT: Though it looks like they're not going to use these.. since they don't have RPG written on them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    Except he said the DEVS get hits with the chargeback cost
    +1
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    since the key gets bought with a stolen credit card
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    there's nothing to charge back because the keys don't cost them money to generate in the first place
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If the game has a crack sure
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most these crack sites have dead links anymore or the crack don't even work
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    @The Real Jdbye What don't you get? If someone use a stolen creditcard. Then sell said key on G2A. If I the dev sold the game key, I will get the charge back cost. That's how it works, it doesn't matter if I generate 300 keys if 300 of them are bought with stolen credit cards. I never said it was on Steam, but its the dev that gets hit. There is a ton of stories out there if you google it.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just buy other people's steam account :teach:
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    Just tell them you're dead ;D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They already know
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    I honestly wonder how the EU would say if I willed my account to you. And Valve be like "nope!"
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @K3Nv2 - sounds like you need a better place to find cracks!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psionics offline right now or I would
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @cearp, Psi is offline at the minute, but he knows where to find them.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    get your mind out of the gutter, I'm talking about piracy
  • cearp @ cearp:
    not that type of crack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean the drug not the booty pervs
    +2
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    @cearp At a plumber convenstion. Loads of cracks!
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A plumber is either on crack or in crack or showcasing crack
    +2
  • cearp @ cearp:
    or of course, dealing with cracks (in pipes)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sure he could be on cracked flooring causing the leak
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much you bet delta going to be DRMd to hell and back
    @linuxares the dev just ends up at 0
    it's no worse than if you pirated
    it's probably better, because not all keys on key sites are stolen
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it's probably better, because not all keys on key sites are stolen