cannibs420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so theres only five games with a rtc on the GBA, AFAIK

so, basically, i noticed that when you start a new game on a pokemon game (or any RTC game) it will RESET THE RTC

now, the RTC clearly has a timer for what year its on, not just the time...

because my berries were not growing after i started a new game in emerald, then started one in sapphire,
this is due to the clock being reset.

That being said, Boktai actually lets you choose a year for the clock, so if you simply set it to todays date, pokemon will think ten years had gone by, and everything will work again.

Anyways, i figured out how to get all games functioning at once...

I havent seen this method anywhere, its my method.

1. Start a new game in emerald, set the clock, save.
2. start a new game in sapphire, set the clock, save.
3. start a new game in ruby, set the clock, save.
4. Start up boktai 1, set the time and date, save.
5. start up boktai 2, set the time and date, save.
(make sure the boktai games are the censor patched copies so the l and r shpoulder buttons move the light sensor up and down
biggrin.gif

There you have it, plant a berry in pokemon, save, turn it off for three hours, turn it on, see that sproutling? genious!
however i have found that you plant a berry in sapphire, then emerald, then save and wait three hours it will only grow the one that u last saved in, so maybe when its off and before it dumps the save is when the game berries grow...

Sure, the time will be different on all games afterwards ALL I DID WAS IN WINDOWS MAKE EXTRA CLOCKS U CAN HOVER OVER IN THE CORNER (sapp time, ruby time, em time) so i could know what time it was in the game without going home
biggrin.gif

also, its sucky cause i bought a new sapphire just to get jirachi off my colosseum bonus disk on the sundriver, and i noticed that because the person who started a game on it last was probably within a year ago, the real cart thinks that its a year into game time, and i had set the clock to 2010 on my m3 at the time, that i would have to wait ten years without playing sapphire then dump the save to the real cart to actually have berries grow on it (mind you getting my jirachi, then moving the save back to my m3 made them grow again!
biggrin.gif
)

if only there was an action replay code to set the year on the save file, i could set it to like year 1, and try to dump the save to retail cart. oh well, anyways i thought you guys would enjoy this find.

on fire red (the real copy i use to link to XD and colosseum) i have only to get Raikou, Mew, Ho-oh, Celebi,Deoxys now, and they are all legitly caught.(drained xd gale of darkness, and working on colosseum as im writing this)

BTW this explains why even if you put a new battery into a real copy of r/s/e the berries will not grow, but all the other time events work, (your clock has been reset to year 1)

ok ive rambled enough, any thoughts go ahead and post
biggrin.gif

EDIT
i suppose i should also note that i use acekard 2i, akaio 1.8.5a, m3gba cart with rtc, and gbaexplaoder (newest cant remember, hasnt been updated in forever, found on filetrip)

i would also like to say that this method makes it pretty close the visualboy advnace time, if i plant a berry on my ds, then transfer the save to the comp and load my file in vba, its onlt a few hours difference, and my berry will grow a whole stage.. however transferring it back would mean the time going backward and not recoommended

Reactions: migles
D

Deleted-236924

Cool story bro.

cannibs420 said:
BTW this explains why even if you put a new battery into a real copy of r/s/e the berries will not grow, but all the other time events work, (your clock has been reset to year 1)
No.
The reason why your time based events weren't working in a retail cart is because you restored a save file to the cart.

cannibs420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
all time based events worked, as tere was a flood of surskitts on route blahblahblah, but alas, without it being the correct year the berriees will not grow...

@Pingouin7 no shit, they didnt work becuase i put the save in the cart, and the person who had used the cart last had started the game like a year ago, whereas my save on the game figured that ten years had gone by (i set the year in boktai)
i figure the year thing is a two digit value tho i have no proof or anything (other than boktai u can set only the last two digits on the rtc)

also i personally havent replaced a battery ina gba game, but i have read of people where the battery ran dead on ruby and they replaced and the berries wouldnt grow but everything else worked.. and it would work fine until they started a new game, where everything was reset, so the berries would be able to keep track of time

cannibs420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Pingouin7also, start a new game on pokemon sapphire on flash card, then write to the retail, berries grow because its set on the save that its in year one.. so its not just wiring a save from a rom to retail thats messed up, its the fact that the save has had 11 years go by on it as far as it knows, being written to a retail cart that only one has gone by.

i should also point out that
"No.
The reason why your time based events weren't working in a retail cart is because you restored a save file to the cart. "

you think im referring to dumping a battery save to the card, while i am talking about an actual new physical battery in the retail cart once the one inside has run dry.. it will say battery dead, but still can play, your save is on flash, so it doesnt get erased, but if u replaced the battery time functions all work besides the berries growing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.