Hacking New feature: Force 16:9 widescreen on gamecube games

jmjohnson85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still like the forced widescreen, I hate when only part of my tv is not being used, even though the image doesn't look as clear I still prefer it over 4:3.
Yes the whole point of this feature is to display the image in the correct aspect ratio to allow enjoying these older games (full-screen) on a modern television. It is fantastic. Anyone using an older TV would not benefit from this.

MrKill

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found the image pretty clear on my HDTV, Paper Mario is the only game that have a lot of visual glitches, but it just make it funny cause its only during loading.
Mario kart Double dash btw doesnt change with the forced widescreen On.

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found the image pretty clear on my HDTV, Paper Mario is the only game that have a lot of visual glitches, but it just make it funny cause its only during loading.
Mario kart Double dash btw doesnt change with the forced widescreen On.

Yeah Double Dash would be awesome in forced widescreen. The only way I was able to get it to be partially widescreen was through the dml16x9realnand.wad. That caused all sorts of graphical glitches, it just wasn't worth it and it wasn't full widescreen. It would be awesome of the next update of DM added more widescreen support for games like Double Dash and Animal Crossing. I know it's possible because the widescreen hack in Dolphin works for Animal Crossing and I assume it works for Double Dash as well (I don't remember if I tested that game).

Now if there was a direct way to donate to Extrems from the gcforever forums. He is the one who originally made the widescreen hack that Crediar implemented in DM 2.1. I'd give him money for a widescreen hack that supports Animal Crossing.

FuzzyDunlop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Force widescreen has worked fine so far on Wind Waker, other than the obvious things disappearing off the sides of the screen which I'm totally fine with. However, I reached Dragon Roost Island, and it seems the heat effects cause the screen to distort and tear. I thought this was a problem confined only to the dolphin emulator, but I guess not. Strange.

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=y6-nH7TMAIA yeah, double dash work well on dolphin, the HUD is still unchanged but the screen behing is well nice.

This might be worth getting a new graphics card for my PC. I have Dolphin on my macbook but it only runs animal crossing at full speed and for some reason you can't do frame skip on the OSX version.

I tried to get in contact with Extrems on gc-forever but so far no response from him. If we can get Double Dash and Animal Crossing on DIOS MIOS in widescreen I'd never have to buy another console again, I'd be set for life :D !

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Even if it isn't perfect anything is better than black bars on sides/stretched video. When there's easy way to use it with DM I'll install it :)
How would beyond good & evil work with native HUD black bars making it fake 16:9 in first place. Stupid ubisoft.

E: o wait DM already has this ^^;

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if it isn't perfect anything is better than black bars on sides/stretched video. When there's easy way to use it with DM I'll install it :)
How would beyond good & evil work with native HUD black bars making it fake 16:9 in first place. Stupid ubisoft.

E: o wait DM already has this ^^;

I know with Resident Evil 4 it corrects the faked widescreen and it looks very close to the Wii's RE4. I honestly just can't wait to play animal crossing with this updated version of the widescreen hack.

Fgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Great news that he's continuing to improve the hack.

I'd love to see Skies of Arcadia, MGS:TTS and Tales of Symphonia working in 16:9. Did you manage to contact Extrems and is he taking donations?

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
Its been a month since the last post in this thread, and I just wondered if there was any more news about the 'improved' widescreen forcing Extrems was working on?

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its been a month since the last post in this thread, and I just wondered if there was any more news about the 'improved' widescreen forcing Extrems was working on?

I have been looking everyday since I saw the video for the improved widescreen and so far nothing. Part of the reason is probably because DIOS-MIOS and Swiss haven't been updated since the begining of August. I'm sure it'll get implimented, we just have to wait. I guess crediar's hard drive broke so thats why he hasn't updated DM in a while. Emu-kidd has also been working on Wii64 but he's said there is an update soon for Swiss, whether it'll impliment the improved widescreen i have no idea.

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country

I have been looking everyday since I saw the video for the improved widescreen and so far nothing. Part of the reason is probably because DIOS-MIOS and Swiss haven't been updated since the begining of August. I'm sure it'll get implimented, we just have to wait. I guess crediar's hard drive broke so thats why he hasn't updated DM in a while. Emu-kidd has also been working on Wii64 but he's said there is an update soon for Swiss, whether it'll impliment the improved widescreen i have no idea.
Thanks for the info :) Hopefully we'll hear more about the improved widescreen forcing soon - it looked great in that youtube video.

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I requested this feature a few weeks ago for Devolution. I was told this is not possible. Glad to see that whoever told me that as wrong^^

Based on the way Devolution was programmed it's very well likely that it couldn't work because it plays gamecube games in Wii-Mode. With Dios-Mios and Swiss it plays them in Gamecube-Mode, so there is a difference in the programming there. It might have to do with processing limitations in Wii-Mode, but honestly it seems like Devolution would be able to do that better to me.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You weren't told it wasn't possible, you were told (not by me) that it doesn't work for a lot of games. I'm not going to add a feature that only works 20% of the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway +1