tongue.gif
modchips only for the time being....
wink2.gif

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
unless you can 'compress' a Wii disc image somehow (like WiiScrubber, but actually REMOVE the blank data), only 1 Wii game will fit on a single layer disc...

Have a look at what version 1.30 and 1.31 can do
wink.gif

i.e. Extract a partition and also build one.

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
This pretty much proves that you can burn and play Wii games WITHOUT the garbage data. Otherwise Luigi's Mansion wouldn't have fit on the same DVD. This is an epic win.

P.S. I don't care that it requires a modchip. Real men use modchips.
evil.gif

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
So I'm taking this in short, the app allows us to make multi Wii/GC disks. As it obviously removes the blank/garbage data from games while still being able to read played by the Wii. So if the true ISO of a said game was 1.8GB and you have lets say a Gamecube game which 500 MB and another which 700 MB you can use this app and slap it on a DVD and play it on your Wii providing you have a modchip?

Just trying to clarify this the posts aren't exactly that decisive as to what this app is able to do.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Dack
smile.gif

Nice to see you still use your idea to do multi-boot wii games.
I thought you abandoned it while the backup loader leaked.

If the partition is rewritten, it means we will not have to instal DVDx at all, right ?
it will create Wii iso format without space in it ?
happy.gif

Nice to hear that.
Thank you for your work
smile.gif

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Talaria said:
So I'm taking this in short, the app allows us to make multi Wii/GC disks. As it obviously removes the blank/garbage data from games while still being able to read played by the Wii. So if the true ISO of a said game was 1.8GB and you have lets say a Gamecube game which 500 MB and another which 700 MB you can use this app and slap it on a DVD and play it on your Wii providing you have a modchip?

Just trying to clarify this the posts aren't exactly that decisive as to what this app is able to do.

cant that be done with GCOS?

ekolimits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hogg said:
Just think if this had usb support no need for dvd's.

isnt there a flatmii anounced? is anyone going to try that?

Posts merged

QUOTE(ChaosBoi @ Jan 5 2009, 03:28 AM) Ugh, just after I bought my SD Gecko too
frown.gif
. I'm proud that we will be able to play backup GC games soon but it's the fact that my bro just spent $6 for nothing.

be happy u only spent 6 bucks... thats nothing

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
can one of the beta testers PLEASE confirm how a Wii ISO is 'shrunk'??

linkinworm!! you are so the man right now!! you always come through on this stuff...

Is the garbage data stripped away, or is the main game partition just ripped out, or is the entire ISO rebuilt to ignore the garbage data?

Am I completely wrong on that?

I am dying to know!!! PLEASE!!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Zidane :
If it can create partition, it can do it without the need to create unneeded space in the iso.
So I think it is/will rewrite a partition completely so the iso is shorten physically (not only when compressing in rar).

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Mhm..interessting...but I don't think I need this...kinda useless in my opinion...Always start an App, search for the game and launch..I don't need this...I'm happy with the Disc-Channel, and DVDs aren't that expensive...
tongue.gif

BTW: Oh, and as a little Info: Hamster Heroes Size is Scrubbed 192 MB...maybe a Vid of a Game with 4 GB or more
wink.gif
?

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan said:
@Zidane :
If it can create partition, it can do it without the need to create unneeded space in the iso.
So I think it is/will rewrite a partition completely so the iso is shorten physically (not only when compressing in rar).

Not sure exactly what Waninkoko has decided to do at the moment.

The trimming app I've written (that needs some work before release) does the equivalent of shrinking the game partition down to the required size after moving all the data up. The partition is still a wii format partition - just that all the data is now at the start of the partition instead of having a great big chuck of nothing in the middle. In the case of Heinz Wolffs gravity this would then create a 97Meg partition, or in the case of Wii Chess a 26 Meg one. The ISO is then saved out as such - at the smaller size.

These trimmed ISOs can be then used in different ways.

One way is to have a standard ISO9660 format disc with several of these trimmed ISOs on them and a loader app that allows you to choose. This requires the DVD access mode and could be done via a softmod.

Another way is to have a loader app in the first partition that then selects which partition/game to run from the subsequent partitions. This would work on Modchip and possibly softmod.

I'm sure he'll explain all when it's ready.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
ganons said:
Talaria said:

cant that be done with GCOS?

Yes but GCOS doesn't work on Wii (without a modchip) AFAIK.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: would you rather have unlimited bacon but no games, or games, unlimited games, but no more games?