Hacking NEW 3DSXL - what do i do/settings do i set so that I don't get bugged to update?

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, just got my new 3DSXL. set it up quickly, activated spot pass because it asked to, didn't set up internet. then switched it off ASAP. what shall I do to ensure it doesn't bug me to update to 9.4?

otto888

I break things for a living.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Don't accept the user agreement so Spotpass is always off, but you already accepted.
  2. Fill the Wifi connections with fake ones
  3. Make sure wireless is OFF unless you're on the network that you perform step 4 on.
  4. Block the update server.
Edit: With blocking the update server, you're able to use the internet browser and other things that don't need to be connected to Nintendo or updated to use, if there is anything else...

otto888

I break things for a living.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just go into Spotpass settings(Inside internet settings) and set everything to off/disabled.

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
did you already download the update? if so i'm not sure that disabling spotpass will help

if it makes you feel any better i also have a n3ds but i was lucky enough to set it up in a rural area with no wifi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also happy birthday @Xdqwerty