Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

Alexisss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it really doesn't take an electrical engineer to figure out what is happening

Um, that's exactly what it takes O.o. How else are you supposed to talk about technical design limitations?

but sure maybe they have some sort of new prototype flash chip that can only store saves for 10 specific games and locks once it hits 10 specific game and is unable to be changed, despite saves varying from 128kb-16mb, different save types like card1 and card2....

This is like... entirely irrelevant. No where did I mention the issue was in the saving hardware. *Very* few people know what Nintendo is doing to authenticate their cartridges. It is top trade secret stuff that takes an electrical engineer to discover/reimplement. Again, no offense, but you seem to be spouting off random ways you can think of that makes it impossible to be a technical design limitation, maybe to make it appear like you know what you are talking about, idk. But you're ignoring the thousands of ways it could be a design limitation.

but sure whatever its not DRM its a technical limit if it makes you feel better

You're stealin' my lines now hun XD. Nowhere did I say that it is guaranteed to be a design limitation, just that it is very possible that it is. You are the one that is speaking in absolutes, when ultimately all you have is unfounded layman speculation...

cmpunk94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
It’s a translation issue. The 10 games mean max number games one time. If you want to play other games you can copy and change new ones or just replace a new micro sd card. User don’t need to worry buy so many SKY3DS card.

Source: 3ds-flashcard.com

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i never though i would use this feature.... but for goodness sakes,

kinda the reason i said ages ago all this thread is is speculation etc, based on what they themselves have said it is a 10 game limit, people only have what they have said and shown to form an opinion, if they word something wrong that's not everyone's fault that they explain the situation completely wrong several times over....its all theory, guessing, assumptions, that's all this entire thread is i figured that would be obvious by now, and until the card is in peoples hands that's all it will be

Alexisss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s a translation issue. The 10 games mean max number games one time. If you want to play other games you can copy and change new ones or just replace a new micro sd card. User don’t need to worry buy so many SKY3DS card.

That website isn't an official source and likely has no more info than we do. They want to say whatever makes the product look more attractive, so they sell more cartridges. Flashcart websites have never been reputable. Everything the manufacturer has told us suggests that it is limited to 10 games ever.

i never though i would use this feature.... but for goodness sakes

You could just, you know, chose not to respond. I only respond to your posts that are directed at me, to defend myself/try to explain my stance. If you do not have the willpower to ignore my posts manually, then perhaps it is best to turn to software solutions. But I believe I have been rather polite and well mannered :).

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
That website isn't an official source and likely has no more info than we do. They want to say whatever makes the product look more attractive, so they sell more cartridges. Flashcart websites have never been reputable. Everything the manufacturer has told us suggests that it is limited to 10 games ever.
You could just, you know, chose not to respond. I only respond to your posts that are directed at me, to defend myself/try to explain my stance. If you do not have the willpower to ignore my posts manually, then perhaps it is best to turn to software solutions. But I believe I have been rather polite and well mannered :).
....hmmm well i don't like ignoring people, we both shared our opinion, yeah i suppose there is a very slim possibility that there is some legitimate overly technical piece of info that I'm overlooking......but simply I'm not just some idiot saying random crap, if the card can play any game thrown at it, then it can properly communicate with the 3ds, in my opinion, i don't see any technical reason why this would be limited to 10 games.........i cant even think of a remotely possible reason for it to individually log each game played except to track saves,

maybe this is all just one big misunderstanding and no such limit exists, but based on what they have given us there is a limit with very little reasoning behind said limit, if it did have to store game specific data why not leave a option to wipe that data i don't see why that would have to be a permanent process.

but that's my opinion, i do realize you may disagree but that's it from me :), we will find out in due time anyway

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
Why does none of these flashcard producers have a professional website? it takes a day to get a Modern website that doesn't look like it was built back in '07. Pfft.
Also, Yaya another flashcart this will surely help developers... NOT.

Theyrealone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get the hype, but this discussion became very redundent very quickly, could we pause for a little while untill we get a hands on experience?

I truly hope it is as simple as that!

Reactions: gamesquest1

Alexisss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does none of these flashcard producers have a professional website? it takes a day to get a Modern website that doesn't look like it was built back in '07. Pfft.
Also, Yaya another flashcart this will surely help developers... NOT.

Chinese developers are horrible. Combination of lack of education and lack of proper pay/standard of living. Most Chinese websites are a mess. Chinese software is notorious for being full of bugs/exploits.

Reactions: filfat and Idaho

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On websites being bad it is probably the same reason most other hardware/lower level hackers have traditionally had bad websites, or I guess these days stock themes of the CMS of the day. Said reason being it is often quite hard to get worked up about art and aesthetic design when you are more at home doing the lower level stuff.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chinese developers are horrible. Combination of lack of education and lack of proper pay/standard of living. Most Chinese websites are a mess. Chinese software is notorious for being full of bugs/exploits.

That's a really bullshit and unfair stereotype.

Also I'd assume the eeprom or whatever related to limiting it to 10 games would be part of the FPGA. There's not really space for extra parts, and they all have internal memory nowadays anyways. Good luck with that.

Alexisss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a really bullshit and unfair stereotype.

Also I'd assume the eeprom or whatever related to limiting it to 10 games would be part of the FPGA. There's not really space for extra parts, and they all have internal memory nowadays anyways. Good luck with that.

Is it? In my experience it is true. Maybe not the education/pay/living part, but I absolutely notice a significant decline in quality from Chinese developers. Not Chinese as a race, but as a society. Developers that were born and spend their whole lives in China. Not trying to be racists or unfair :(.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I fear your experiences may also warrant a similar response to when people discover third party ink for their printer.

Did you just buy the cheapest version available? Well there would be your problem.

Now there are many interesting things happening with regards to the relative standards of Chinese education and standards we might see elsewhere, a slightly more explored example but a roughly equivalent can probably be found in a lot of South America.

Reactions: Idaho

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Q: What's that mean - "ten 3DS games maximum for each flashcard"?

A: You can choose to copy any 10 games into your microSD card at the first time, you do need more SKY3DS cards if you want to play more 3DS games anyway.
Can anyone clarify this by any chance? Does this simply mean that you can have 10 games at any one time (As in delete/switch games) or is it a permanent 10 games that exist?
MicroSD cards are erasable but that doesn't exactly answer my question...

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can anyone clarify this by any chance? Does this simply mean that you can have 10 games at any one time (As in delete/switch games) or is it a permanent 10 games that exist?
MicroSD cards are erasable but that doesn't exactly answer my question...
One reseller says that you can switch the ROMs on the MicroSD but the team made it relatively clear that it only supports 10 games at all (you have to buy a new card to save more games on it). They said that the flashcard saves the gameid.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Really?? They show that they have Sky3ds on pre-order. Any other places have it for pre-order?
dont pre-order stuff before there is a review that the card is legit and you know of any shortfalls, its claimed byt sky3ds is limited to 10 games ever....to play any more you need to buy another sky3ds card.....maybe this is just really really poor communication from the creators or you will be buying a card that will only ever play the same 10 games you first put on it........just sit tight and hold onto your money until the details are ironed out

EDIT.....wow really i'm sure they had the stock at 998 yesterday.....looks like a whole load of people really don't care about details :P.....and im pretty sure even sky3ds said it would be $60-80....so lots of people over paying too

Reactions: tjexp and filfat

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
I think that store is ok, but the price isnt. I mean, no one is completely sure, is 120USD retail price, or just some pre-order speculation.

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont pre-order stuff before there is a review that the card is legit and you know of any shortfalls, its claimed byt sky3ds is limited to 10 games ever....to play any more you need to buy another sky3ds card.....maybe this is just really really poor communication from the creators or you will be buying a card that will only ever play the same 10 games you first put on it........just sit tight and hold onto your money until the details are ironed out

EDIT.....god really i'm sure they had the stock at 998 yesterday.....looks like a whole load of people really don't care about details :P

Yeah, you're right, I will hold tight until someone reviews this card.. thanks!

Nope... they are down to 882 in stock

Reactions: gamesquest1

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that store is ok, but the price isnt. I mean, no one is completely sure, is 120USD retail price, or just some pre-order speculation.

It was wanting to charge me $123.99 with shipping, in USA dollars.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled