Hacking New 2ds on 11.1.0 dsiware removed, what now. HardMod or will sky3ds+ just work on unmodded device

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You seem like you've decided already, but here's something to think about as well:

Sky3DS works as is, but Pokemon SuMo do not work on it. This might be fixed later, but it's been a while already.. Other soon-to-be released games might not work as well. In addition, with Sky3DS you will be using roms. These roms have a private header on them, and each game cartridge has an unique one. If you're using a downloaded one, and everyone else is using the same one, then it's pretty obvious that going online with such a rom would get you banned.

A9LH+Luma will let you stay on newest FW always, and install variety of Homebrew applications, of which the most popular I'd imagine is freeShop. With FS, you can download all games that can be found in eShop - but for free. These games can also be played online because CIA's do not have private headers in them at all, so there's no way for Nintendo to tell whether that game is legit or not. Zero chance of getting banned. And well, technically freeShop games ARE legit since you're downloading them from Nintendo's servers anyway.

I'm sure there's wayyyyyyyyyy more pros for A9LH but eh, the choice should be obvious. Idk why Sky3DS is even a thing people use anymore - it's just trash man. I almost feel ashamed that not even a month ago I was still using Gateway myself .. just .. so .. bad.

Its only useful for using userland homebrew on a legit console until someone cooks up a kernel exploit.

cocoPika

Trophies
Website
sky3dsnewsinformation.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
You seem like you've decided already, but here's something to think about as well:

Sky3DS works as is, but Pokemon SuMo do not work on it. This might be fixed later, but it's been a while already.. Other soon-to-be released games might not work as well. In addition, with Sky3DS you will be using roms. These roms have a private header on them, and each game cartridge has an unique one. If you're using a downloaded one, and everyone else is using the same one, then it's pretty obvious that going online with such a rom would get you banned.

A9LH+Luma will let you stay on newest FW always, and install variety of Homebrew applications, of which the most popular I'd imagine is freeShop. With FS, you can download all games that can be found in eShop - but for free. These games can also be played online because CIA's do not have private headers in them at all, so there's no way for Nintendo to tell whether that game is legit or not. Zero chance of getting banned. And well, technically freeShop games ARE legit since you're downloading them from Nintendo's servers anyway.

I'm sure there's wayyyyyyyyyy more pros for A9LH but eh, the choice should be obvious. Idk why Sky3DS is even a thing people use anymore - it's just trash man. I almost feel ashamed that not even a month ago I was still using Gateway myself .. just .. so .. bad.
why hardmod, its very difficult, and the freeshop you said seems not goes smoothly, many consoles crashed and screen froze when loading to the freeshop, and the download speed is very weird and slow, tried to download a small game, it always can not finish in the end. besides, you said its legal, how could it be, play games free nintendo would support? also have consoles been banned.
Why not sky3ds+, just plug it in any console even the latest firmware then you can play the 3ds games, it's so easy and can keep the original system. about the pokemon SuMo the sky3ds official website shows still updating their firmware, but it means sky3ds has got the way to update it, and the new games like SUPER MARIO MAKER, YO-KAI WATCH 3: SUKIYAKI(JAP) released recently can all work on sky3ds+

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
why hardmod, its very difficult, and the freeshop you said seems not goes smoothly, many consoles crashed and screen froze when loading to the freeshop, and the download speed is very weird and slow, tried to download a small game, it always can not finish in the end. besides, you said its legal, how could it be, play games free nintendo would support? also have consoles been banned.
Why not sky3ds+, just plug it in any console even the latest firmware then you can play the 3ds games, it's so easy and can keep the original system. about the pokemon SuMo the sky3ds official website shows still updating their firmware, but it means sky3ds has got the way to update it, and the new games like SUPER MARIO MAKER, YO-KAI WATCH 3: SUKIYAKI(JAP) released recently can all work on sky3ds+

You don't know what the fuck you are talking about. The OP is not gonna hardmod it himself, he will send it to someone else to do it for them. You can NOT get banned for playing freeshop games, they are identical to eShop games. People only got banned because they went online with SuMo before it was released. Their own fault. If freeshop doesn't work for you then that's your problem. Doesn't mean it's a bad application. It works for majority of A9LH+Luma users, and I've never had issues with download speed either.

I did not say it's legal to download games from freeshop that you do not own. It definitely is not legal. But the games work online because they are identical to eShop games, and Nintendo has no way of differentiating between the two.. Because they are identical. Sky3DS also does not let you play the games online or you WILL get banned so really, your post makes no sense. Are you a rep of Sky3DS trying to get ppl to buy ur shitty card or Wtf?

Last edited by Distrance, , Reason: Fixing typos that I wrote on mobile

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why not sky3ds+, just plug it in any console even the latest firmware then you can play the 3ds games, it's so easy and can keep the original system.
First because it is its only feature.
Second because you didn't mention the twenty minutes you spend pressing buttons when trying to select the game whereas freeCFW users have their games on the home menu and Gateway users either have them on their home menu or in a OSD menu.
Third because freeCFW and Gateway support online without private headers, and it's really stupid for a piracy tool to be non-free and not allow you to play for free.

Well, Gateway has way more features than Sky3DS (though they both lose to freeCFW)... Though yeah, lol, I left them a while ago, not one month ago only :P

Reactions: Quantumcat

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well, Gateway has way more features than Sky3DS (though they both lose to freeCFW)... Though yeah, lol, I left them a while ago, not one month ago only :P

How can you go online with Gateway? You still use roms, and roms have private headers. Of course if you bought the game yourself and you're using THAT private header .. but that should be possible in Sky3DS too.

Btw I went thru some of the posts this "CocoPika" has written. Most of his post are either in Sky3DS threads, or CFW threads that have nothing to do with Sky3DS to try to convince people to get Sky3DS because CFW is bad. I said the rep thing as a joke but now I'm not too sure ..

Last edited by Distrance,

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How can you go online with Gateway? You still use roms, and roms have private headers. Of course if you bought the game yourself and you're using THAT private header .. but that should be possible in Sky3DS too.
I meant that ok, you can keep using .3ds files (which would need private headers for online) for offline games but you still have the possibility to use .cia files with a Gateway... which you can't do with a Sky3DS.

Maybe he isn't a rep but just salty he paid so much for so little and now he tries to convince himself that it was not a waste by trying to convince others :P

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Actually I think Sky3DS wins over Gateway because at least you can use it for exploit games in stock consoles. Whereas Gateway has the same requirements as freeCFW (I like this word by the way - doesn't confuse people into thinking Gateway mode is not CFW) but with extra annoyances.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Idk why Sky3DS is even a thing people use anymore - it's just trash man
Not trash - can be used as an exploit game on a stock console, which nothing else has the ability to do. It has way less abilities than Gateway or freeCFW but it does have that one unique selling point. Exploit games go through stages of being more or less easy to find and/ expensive but at least Sky3DS stays constant. It's also good for keeping prices down of exploit games - no one was ever going to pay more than $80 for Cubic Ninja back in 2014 since you could buy a Sky3DS for $90-$100. If Sky3DS wasn't there, would Cubic Ninja have ballooned to hundreds of dollars? Who knows....

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Actually I think Sky3DS wins over Gateway because at least you can use it for exploit games in stock consoles. Whereas Gateway has the same requirements as freeCFW (I like this word by the way - doesn't confuse people into thinking Gateway mode is not CFW) but with extra annoyances.
Yeah lol, I hate when people say "Gateway vs CFW", I get triggered everitiem :P
And yeah, obviously it depends on people's cases. On 9.2, Gateway wins over Sky3DS since it has more features and requirements for both are met. On 11.2 with no possibility of hardmod nor DSiWare downgrade nor anything else, Sky3DS wins over everyone.

Also, I got Cubic Ninja for 8€99 and FreakyForms Deluxe for 9€99 in stores on the Saturday that followed the Friday when Freakyforms Deluxe was announced as the new Cubic Ninja, so I have no idea what you're saying when talking about exploit games being hard to find :P
JK, this really happened but I have no idea why they were in stores and so cheap.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4