New: 1277 - Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga (U)

Jojjy Ugnick

shake your bonbon
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Save patch that's compatible with saves from the eu eurasia release:
http://bubbz.pocketheaven.com/?system=gba&...o&patch_id=1078
also includes an extreme stripping patch that takes the rom down to 13 488 873 bytes, a whooping 6608 bytes less than what the EU version would strip down to.
Yeah but there's no point because I can't use my saves from the Menace (E) release ( http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=ST&f=16&t=13716 ) with this new one.

If this can be fixed then I would be happy

psxer2600

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the fact that it is compatible with the Eurasia release intentional, or incidental? Because if it was done intentionally, I can't understand why the author chose to make it compatible with a broken, nuked release, rather than the Menace version. Oh well, the only benefit to using the US rom instead of the European one is that I could shrink it down to 12.8MB (102.4 Megabits) with that extreme rom stripping patch. But that still isn't enough to fit Pogoshell, Fire Emblem, Mario & Luigi, and Advance Wars 2 on the same cart
frown.gif

Jojjy Ugnick

shake your bonbon
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Is the fact that it is compatible with the Eurasia release intentional, or incidental? Because if it was done intentionally, I can't understand why the author chose to make it compatible with a broken, nuked release, rather than the Menace version.
I don't know why anyone would even have the Eurasia version.

matt1freek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hah.. i do.. ive been playing thru it since it was already save patched and i could care less about that mini game thats thrown into every mario release.. bad dump.. yes.. worthless dump..not in my opinion..

Smith

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Europe got Mario Kart Double Dash first as well, but only by a day or so.

Which is a big difference. Usually when a European release is last, it takes months.

Woxxy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i know that an unfixed version isn't a bad dump, but take iridion II for example...
in the proper release it said the older one got nuked cause it was uncracked. this means to me that a uncracked (read: unfixed) version, is a perfect nuke-in-the-ass candidate.
is it just me or am i somehow getting through here?
If cracked = the rom had some sort of copy protection/binary lock that were removed.

If savefixed = the rom had a save version not supported by any/too many flash cards.

An unsavedfixed rom can be used on some flash cards (unless that isn't the protection),

in that case it's not a bad dump. only what i would call a lazy release.

On the other hand if the rom weren't cracked, it wouldn't be playable at all,

or you wouldn't be able to play it in a proper way. In that case a bad dump.
yeah, i guess you're right

Hybrid Stigmata

The New Build
Trophies
Website
home.earthlink.net
XP
Country
United States
T

Titney

i cant get this patch to work at all
yes i have the eurasia release
yes im using smartips
the patch is for this release, aka the US release.

and for all the other posters... as for why i chose to make it compatible with the eurasia release... the eurasia release is perfectly fine if you remove the intro, which can be done with automated tools np. that's what i did and i played on the eurasia release. if u don't want the patch, no problem, but there's really no need to bitch about it.
And there is no way to make it compatible with the menace release since that wasn't even patched
tongue.gif
if you played the menace release without a patch you won't need a patch for the US release either.

there was an IND patch for the euro release. someone else can make a patch compatible with that, but I won't since i don't need it.

psxer2600

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't bitching, it was just a question. I just wondered why you chose the Eurasia release. You say you played through the Eurasia version, which is a perfectly good reason for making the patch that you spent your time and effort working on compatible with it. Don't take it personally, because I understand that without the work of people like you, lots of people couldn't play these games with weird save types. So, thanks, and sorry if I offended you
smile.gif

Cynic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
seems like a very nice game but i still can't play it on my card. time for another card i think Hey but i can play sword of mana so i'm enjoying myself
wink.gif

Nagamooto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just one other question in addition to the previous: has anyone got the patch (which trims the game and sorts out the save) applied along with the BOMA patch (which allows soft resetting of the game, back to the loader menu of a flash cart)?

X-Gamer

GBATemp RPG Master
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Is the Mario Bros. in this game identical to the one in SMA3? Or are there some differences - and if so, what are they?
The Mario Bros. game is available in all the Mario Advance games in addition to this one and they're all the same. It's simply a remake of the classic Mario Bros. on the NES.

Woxxy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hmm... the nfo reads this:
Here's another one for you collectors out there!
It's not prepatched, as most software/patchers should support it by now.
Since this game is awesome, please buy it and support Nintendo like we did.
----cut----

according to this, programs should be able to patch that kind of eeprom already...
does anyone know of an eeprom-patch-tool that is updated every once in a while?
seems like fat v8 doesn't cut it anymore

Cutman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, uhhhhh.

In my game Luigi totally pwns Mario.

Mario could be out of the game and I still would of beat the game with ease.

zloty

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
havent people been complaining with the eurasia release, even if you do remove the intro, theres a section later on in the game that always freezes? i thought that was the reason it was nuked; along with mario bros not working

Jojjy Ugnick

shake your bonbon
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i cant get this patch to work at all
yes i have the eurasia release
yes im using smartips
the patch is for this release, aka the US release.

and for all the other posters... as for why i chose to make it compatible with the eurasia release... the eurasia release is perfectly fine if you remove the intro, which can be done with automated tools np. that's what i did and i played on the eurasia release. if u don't want the patch, no problem, but there's really no need to bitch about it.
And there is no way to make it compatible with the menace release since that wasn't even patched
tongue.gif
if you played the menace release without a patch you won't need a patch for the US release either.

there was an IND patch for the euro release. someone else can make a patch compatible with that, but I won't since i don't need it.
Well I just wanted an ultra trimmed rom
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Drug Mule Bot roll out!