New: 1060 - Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising (U)

Callahah

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hahahaha
laugh.gif
Oh,my...how many people were saying "this game is like AW 1" or "There's nothing new in this one" stuff like this,when the game came out.First of all,the game is pretty easy,kinda like Kiddie's play ONLY UNTIL the Blue Moon zone.From this point on,you can feel the pain in missions that require concentration and patience to get along with."No new scenarios":alright,there's the scenarios,where you face the giant Black Cannon,there's also the minicannons stage and the big armored fortress,both in Yellow Comet zone,the factory and pipes zone,the mini laser cannons etc. I can't remember seeing anything like that in the 1st game.In fact,i had problems with the fortress mission,i spent long 26 days only to put the fortress cannons down to floor,i still got a S,though.All these things alone and together are much enough to turn the game much more harder and tougher than the last one(try get a S with Colin in his Two Weeks Test mission!).
"Just like AW1...".Well,instead of choose your name and play a tutorial mode before the real campaign,now you start right in the Campaign mode,and you can play with each Country Cos! Each Co has a new command called Super,which is an improved version of the old CO power,but you need more time to load it.Only those details alone adds a lot to the gameplay,whether a succesfull CO Power or Super command can really turns the tide in a battle,whether you're able to use each COs special skills to exploit the maps.There are new COs too,one in each country(except Orange Star?),only Black Hole has four new COs,some of them with unique and new skills to the Advanced Wars world(Lash uses terrain effects to increase firepower,her CO super is even more terrible!).Now there are many nasty missions with time limit,specially the lab ones and Colin's Test,there weren't too many in the 1st one.And you have to do certein things in another time limited missions to unlock the lab missions,in which ones you can get the plans for a new unit: the Neotank!
"ONLY ONE UNIT?! Might be the most complained detail of the whole game.Yes,there's a new unit: Neotank.They are high developed tanks with unbeatable firepower and defense stats,which can handle even the Md Tanks.They are the most powerful and expensive ground unit in the whole game,direct combat unit though.OK,people,there could be more unit types,maybe like a supply plane,to resupply fighters and bombers,a carrier to fire at air and ship units and to carry more than 2 copters,planes,there's no unit to transport planes in the game,or there could be a indirect combat infantry unit,which would be like an artillery,but with the troops firing obuses instead.But people,don't you all think actual units are pretty good already? Why not get along with them at least for a while? Units aren't all in a war,strategic game,but the way you use them is.
In this new game,you can edit the colors of the COs,which increases a lot the fun in the game( Try the "Santa Claus" Olaf color and you'll see!
laugh.gif
). You can edit the maps too,at you free choice,and play the War Room mode without needing to play a training mode to unlock them,what is really nice and spares time doing uselees things before the main events.
There's no point in saying this game has not anything new,or is just like Advance Wars 1. It doesn't require too much effort to anyone notice many new things and the differences between the two games,much more than many people think.AW2 is a lot better than the 1st one and a great improvement in the series fun factor(specially the color edit!),although there could be even more improvements,but it's OK.The game is pretty good to play,there's not too many players with good will or patience to stand it though.Maybe because the game was new and people only played the 1st stages,which are pretty silly easy,i should tell,and they've lost all the good will that initially had with the game.Play a little more,guys,after all,this is a strategy game,a pretty good one indeed,it requires some patience to get along,right? B)
Advanced Wars all the way!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1