New: 1060 - Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising (U)

GBAfreak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
gbafreak - japan are even more lucky... and for the european... well you could be italian... it would be worse!
       (the majority of game don't have italian has selectable language oh and in britany they are testing
         the network adapter for ps2... but only in britany!Â

GBAfreak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
the reason the EU version might be 64 instead of 32 and it didn't change the size for rayman could be that the added languages just bumped the rom over the 32 marker, and they had to make it 64. With rayma, the rom might have actually been 50megs and the added languadges made it 55 or 60, so it would still be a 64 meg game.
isn't that stupid of nintendo??? they could have put much more in Advance wars so it could be just 64Mbit, in Europe AND in the US.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I agree with KiVan on this, while it is a good game it's nothing different to Advance Wars 1. AW1 had more cool features in my opinion. You could have a rank and it had 115 new maps, this one has 20 something new maps. only one new unit. some new terrain but that's about it. Nintendo is becoming INCREDIBLY slack!! I don't understand their tactics. They add hardly a thing and slap on 2 to the name. good game but so was AW1, this game doesn't really surpass AW1, in AW1 things were actually new.
Atually, ig you have ever played the origional Gameboy Wars, you will find it is incredibly a like to Advance Wars!, biggest changes are the graphics and campain modes but thats really it!

The new campain in AW2 is pretty damn good though.
I know of the old GameBoy wars, i've even played one of them but i still wanted something new from this game. A new campaign is expected they aren't going to release it with the same campagin. While the gameplay should stay the same they should add things to it to make it better, AW2 is good but it's just a recycled AW1 with a few little scraps of extra stuff. Least they oculd have done was make more maps and increase the custom map saving from 3 to like 10 or even 50 maps. This could have made the game so much better.
I'm sounding to negative, it is a good game and i'll be buying it when it's out but it's just the same as AW1, whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is up to you.

Badzou

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Japan is not lucky! there are a lot of games that aren't released in Japan. I don't see a lot of 3rd party games there released in the us and eu. you won't find duke nukem, doom2, and more in japan. so ok, there are a lot of RPG's released in Japan only, but I hate every RPG except pokemon, zelda en golden sun.
What a moron !

No Name Trowa Barton

Namaiki iun-ja naiyo™
Trophies
Website
www.NoNameTrowaBarton.com
XP
Country
United States
i like the new AW2 with features like a turain editor, and unlockable extras it looks grate, not to mention 2 modes of game play. the orignal only had a tuturial and some other random battles. i love this alot more. yay
happy.gif

Deanwick

GBAtemp terror that flaps in the night!
Trophies
Website
batman.jypoly.fi
XP
Country
Finland
I never was much into AW1, but this second game somehow just blew my mind. I`ve seriously played this 5 hours in a row which is much more what I usually play in a day(0-3 hours) and I`m not even thinking of stopping
wink.gif

Anyway, after I took a little pause in the game, I played AW1 a bit and found it more tedious and difficult. AW2 still is an upgraded version of the first one, but in my case the upgrades are just the ones to get me playin`. Awesome game!

face_kicker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not this argument again....argh....this is getting dull ALREADY!! Everytime A premier game gets release it's the same thing! Why can't some people just enjoy the free game?

mrSmiles

Dundunduuuun
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ive been waiting for this game so long and its finally out i just downloaded it yesterday and i think its awsome as soon as i sa it here i went to download it great game so is the first one

xuom2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
if (and i repeat: if) there are updates about the into removing of this game (of course only for the interested users), for example with a patch or a redump, we will put the news on our site.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up