NeoGamma R9 beta

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by WiiPower, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Shawshank007

Shawshank007 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2014
    Belgium
    Hi everybody,
    Does the development of neogamma continue ? because beta 56 is a bit old now !
    I tried this launcher and it's a very great job :-)
    I tested a lot of wii games and they all work.
    I tested a lot of gamecube games and, unfortunately, some are not working (street racing syndicate, almost all zelda disks, bomberman, ...). those burned games works very well with my gamecube (drive 6 with action replay and nintendo SD card adapter). Does neogamma should be compatible with mini DVD-R ?
    I can see that multigames discs are all not working. Does neogamma should be compatible with mini DVD-R multigames disk made with GCMUtility 0.5 ? they work well on my gamecube.

PS : forgive me for my not very good english

2. szczuru

szczuru Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2014
    Poland
    Poland
    Can somebody reupload WiiGator's cMIOS?

3. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    I feel a little lost here. What is the newest build of NeoGamma now? Can it even support these modern c(m)IOS's?

Can it work with DIOS MIOS?

4. WiiPower
    OP

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    As far as i know NeoGamma should be compatible with mini DVD-Rs. If multi game discs do not work, they use some weird format. As the 1st post already indicates, NeoGamma is picky about which multi game iso tools work and which not.

R9 beta 56 is the latest version. As of the time of the release it was kinda compatible with DIOS MIOS, it was possible to have DIOS MIOS installed, and have NeoGamma run gamecube backup discs and gamecube homebrew. Shortly after that DIOS MIOS was made incompatible again with gamecube homebrew and/or DVD-Rs, i forgot which one. If this was ever fixed, i don't know.

About cIOS, it should support the latest d2x cIOS with IOS56 and IOS57 as base(maybe IOS58 too), as well as the IOS reload block function. The only supported file system is wbfs though, and there's no gamecube loading from usb or sd.

5. Garbage man

Garbage man Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2012
    Canada
    Hi. I found this mod by damysteryman on this thread "PoC - Boot NeoGamma via Disc Channel!". It supports "Motion Plus" Wii remotes.

MOD Changelog:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    I also made this channel version titled "NGBT" with witch we don't need SD or USB. (I unpacked the "Neogamma CHANNEL r8 RC1 Auto Mod-NEOG.wad" of Xflak then replaced the app by damysteryman's one and renamed and repacked the .wad. Credit for Banner & Icon & Music: edselink)

6. Garbage man

Garbage man Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2012
    Canada
    We still can use ModMii to download the original NeoGamma R9 beta56 or this link (the one that ModMii use).

7. killerkalmah

killerkalmah Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2014
    United States
    Hell's Kitchen
    Can someone tell me how to run Smash Proyect M in latest r56 ? I can't manage to make it run in it, latest revision with I tested was r47 and works nicely but in the newest said something about IOS36 i think like missing or something and it ended booting Smash brawl, I will appretiate any suggestion.

8. Filisteus

Filisteus Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2013
    Brazil
    Work in vwii ?

9. Shawshank007

Shawshank007 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2014
    Belgium

Hi Wiipower,

Same problem appeared in Nintendont for mini DVDR (and also DVDR) created with gcmutility 0.5 and it was easyly fixed by Fix94. his explanation is : its missing the typical identification id.
    So, he just made an exception for files created by that tool to ignore that fact. Is it possible to do the same in neogamma ?
    Please keep in mind that multigame ISO creator didn't exists when people began to burn disks for gamecube. So, it's a pity to force them to re burn all disks... and not very good for environment if you care about that. especially if there's no negative effect behind (technically), it would be great to add this little thing.

Best regards

10. Shawshank007

Shawshank007 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2014
    Belgium
    Hi Wiipower,

I tried to load games from my SD card and I have a 'read1' error during the SD mounting process !
    I created a second partition on my SDHC card in WBFS to store the games because the first partition is for homebrew channel (so mandatory in FAT) and store apps tree with neogamma inside.
    Does neogamma try to load the first WBFS partition it find or it only try to load the first partition on SD ?
    Because, by reading the readme provided with neogamma, I believed that my method should work. isn't it ?

Do you have a clue for helping me please ?

Best regards

11. Shawshank007

Shawshank007 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2014
    Belgium
    Is there anybody here ??? or this thread is definitively dead...

12. Etheboss

Etheboss Official LULWUT supporter

Feb 24, 2009
    Netherlands
    Around somewhere
    well, wiipower has certainly not showed any interest anymore, and i think most people moved on to other usb loaders that are still maintained.

13. Shawshank007

Shawshank007 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2014
    Belgium
    Well, I'm sad. I like this loader very much because is simple and with almost all the necessary features...
    That's a pity that improving it will never happen :cry:

14. Acidflare

Acidflare HomeBrew Beta Tester

Aug 16, 2013
    Canada
    Nether World
    there were many improvements past this loader most features you find in neogamma besides being able to choose a game from a Gamecube Gcos multigame disc are in other backup loaders.

15. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Has this project been abandoned, or will it ever make it out of beta? My Wii can play GC backups from disc, that's why I ask.

16. Acidflare

Aug 16, 2013
    Canada
    Nether World
    WiiPower stopped developing neogamma before I got into Wii homebrew 2 years ago

17. Bakuryu42

Bakuryu42 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2009
    United States
    Been trying to get this thing to boot Melee 20XX from a DVD-R for weeks now with no luck, is this impossible now or what?

18. Acidflare

Aug 16, 2013
    Canada
    Nether World
    What cMIOS are you using?

19. Olle

Olle Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2015
    Netherlands
    I've got a problem, please help me :unsure:

Long ago, I made a back-up for my game: Sonic Unleashed Wii wich does not work anymore.
    So now i've burned the games back-up on a DVD-RW
    although, if i run the game in NeoGamma R9 b56 it keeps on saying: Drive too new for DVD-Rs :-(

How do i fix this? please help

20. Olle

Olle Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2015
    Netherlands
    I've got a problem, please help me :unsure:

Long ago, I made a back-up for my game: Sonic Unleashed Wii wich does not work anymore.
    So now i've burned the games back-up on a DVD-RW
    although, if i run the game in NeoGamma R9 b56 it keeps on saying: Drive too new for DVD-Rs :-(

How do i fix this? please help

I don't know if i need to give more information since my knowledge isn't the best.
    Please tell me anything you need to know in order to fix this.