XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
here's my 2nd channel (revised on March 26) with custom audio by my cousin Violator.
The video also shows the NeoGamma r8-Final AutoBoot Mod in action (video quality isn't the greatest, but u get the idea)

Mediafire Download Link

My Neogamma Forwarder Channel also has a splash screen embedded in the dol (of course this can be removed if thats what "the people" want).
Instead of making a separate video of the forwarder channel, here's a pic of the Neogamma Forwarder Channel Splash Screen (by roku93)
33e75g9.png

edit: here's my 1st channel submission, but it has audio from the TV Series Death Note, as such, I am withdrawing it from the poll
(unless WiiPower decides to keep both of my submissions in the poll)

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, Here is my entry.
I made 2 channels 1 is normal and the other is for a wii with the DarkWii theme.
They're based off of the UniiLoader animated channel created by DjSim1 and Davi92. I also used the icon by matriculated (View all his icons here). Sorry for the quality of the videos. Here they are:

The first one is the regular channel:

The second one is for a Wii with the Darkwii theme:

Download (has both channels, note that they are NOT forwarders):Mediafire - Neogamma Animated Channels.zip

EDIT: I was bored so I decided to make forwarder versions of these channels. I used the dol posted by WiiPower a few posts down and used customizemii to put it into the channels. Here is the download: Mediafire - Neogamma Animated Forwarders.zip

EDIT 2: Here are some autoboot versions based off of Xflak's R8 autoboot mod. I changed it so that you have to hit the home/start button in the first 3 seconds to get to the menu, other than that, its identical to XFlak's (with my animated banner, of course): Mediafire - Neogamma Animated Channels (Autoboot Mod).zip

Also, if I win I will make an autoboot version of the channels with something like "Press Any Button While Loading For Options" that appears at the bottom

Extras:

Alright, I decided to make a quick tutorial on how to change the music for channels. I take no responsibility if this harms your wii, make sure you have brick protection!

Step 1. Get CustomizeMii (Wiibrew Page) (Google Code)
Step 2. Get channel wad
Step 3. Open wad in CustomizeMii
Step 4. If you want the sound from another channel: at the bottom of the "source" tab, where it says "banner", switch it to "sound", hit browse, and choose the wad with the sound you want. now choose "create wad" and the wad with the new sound will be created.
Step 5. If you want custom sound from a music file you have on your computer, go in to the "options" tab, and under "new sound" hit Browse>Convert to BNS. Now choose your audio file (needs to be in .wav, if you don't know how to convert it, or want a free conversion program, google "format Factory")
Step 6. If you want it to loop don't make the number of loops very high or it wont work properly (mines only about 100 times)
Step 7. Now hit "convert", choose if you wan't it to be mono or not, and then finally hit "create wad"

Thats all for now!
Again, I take no responsibility if this bricks your wii,make sure you have brick protection

For Simple Forwarder

Step 2. Get channel wad
Step 3. Open wad in CustomizeMii
Step 4. Go to the "Options" tab, and hit the "Forwarder..." button (than "Simple Forwarder" if there is an option)
Step 5. Now type the name of the folder that contains the boot.dol, if it's boot.elf check the "Forwart to boot.elf" box (ex. Actual file: SD:/apps/neogamma/boot.dol You would type: neogamma)
Step 6. Hit "create wad" and install on your wii

For Complex Forwarder

Step 2. Get the latest version of devkitPro and install it
Step 3. Get channel wad
Step 4. Open wad in CustomizeMii
Step 5. Go to the "Options" tab, and hit the "Forwarder..." button, there should be two options, choose "Complex Forwarder"
Step 6. Now a window will show up. enter the full paths of where you want the forwarder to forward to. it will load the first one in the list first, if it can't find that, it will load the second one etc. If the file is on a USB drive start the path with USB:/ If the file is on an SD card start the path with SD:/ so a path would look something like this: SD:/apps/my_backup_launcher/neogamma.dol You can have up to 16 paths if you use the "optional" tabs as well as the "required: tab
Step 7. If you want a custom screen while your app is loading use the "image" otions at the bottom. "Image 4:3" is for regular TVs, and "Image 16:9" is for wide screen TVs. Note: your images will be resized if they are not 640x480 for 4:3, or 832x480 for 16:9 TVs.
Step 8. After all that is done, click "OK", than "create wad" and install it on your wii.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Could you please try this forwarder .dol:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dwtnxzjkjtw

readme:
Code:
NeoGamma official forwarder source

Put the latest compiled .dol of NeoGamma as boot.dol into the data folder and compile.

The forwarder will look for sd:/NeoGamma/boot.dol, then sd:/apps/NeoGamma/boot.dol, then usb:/NeoGamma/boot.dol, then usb:/apps/NeoGamma/boot.dol and start it if found. If it doesn't find ANY of these .dols, it boots the .dol that was integrated during compiling.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Could you please try this forwarder .dol:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dwtnxzjkjtw

readme:
Code:
NeoGamma official forwarder source

Put the latest compiled .dol of NeoGamma as boot.dol into the data folder and compile.

The forwarder will look for sd:/NeoGamma/boot.dol, then sd:/apps/NeoGamma/boot.dol, then usb:/NeoGamma/boot.dol, then usb:/apps/NeoGamma/boot.dol and start it if found. If it doesn't find ANY of these .dols, it boots the .dol that was integrated during compiling.

ooo nice new source for me to play with, thanks WiiPower

Lord_Zycon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
XFlak said:
I think I'll mod my current backup loader channel (as seen HERE, which is based on edselink's, which rahoul102 channels are also based on). I'll probably just add a different title, saying "Neogamma" instead of "backup loader channel" (but not "r8 final" like rahoul102's, I REALLY don't like the idea of having the rev # on the channel). And I think I may ask my cuz violator to bust out his guitar and record a custom track for it. But in terms of animation, I think edselink's work is the best perfect.

@wiipower, is there any kind of deadline I should be aware of? When do you expect to start the poll (as I wont even be home from work in a loooooooong time)

Hi Xflak,

Love your work, I like the Revision Number in the channel title, I'm also not so keep on the spinning graphic that keeps moving out of the channel window a good solid graphic works best for me.

just an IMO

LZ

D

Deleted member 180466

Is it just me who thinks that person66s channel is the best one? Very well done person66! There had also been nice with an autoboot version too!
biggrin.gif

/GHBAimen

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I say no points for anyone using the backup channel wad by Edselink as a base or any other existing channel c'mon lads get creative and make something fresh and new like Neogamma deserves anyone can do a simple re-skin .

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
personally, I think Edselink's is the best looking disk-loader channel out there, and I like my mod of it (especially the music!)

Short of making it look like an exact clone of the disc channel, I think Edselink's is as good as it can get, but of course this is just my opinion.

If anyone thinks they can make a better animation than Edselink then they are more than welcome to do so and submit their entry (in fact I encourage it, the more competition, the better the end result will be).

In the end, the voting poll will decide which channel comes out on top, but either way I'm going to release my channel, even if its an unofficial channel... although since the autoboot mod is my "3rd party" mod, I could be an ass and arbitrarily make mine the official autoboot channel... but out of respect for wiipower, I'm going to let him call the shots for the official neogamma channel and the official Neogamma Autoboot Channel (after all, 99% of the autoboot mod is done by Wiipower anyways, but for some reason he doesn't like releasing it, which is fine)

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is this it? what, like 6 channels. There has got to be more people who want their channel to be the official NeoGamma channel. The more channels the better. I mean really? no more? This is it?
huh.gif

I thought there would be tons of entries, I would have been happy to even be in the top five.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I will speak as if I had to install the channel on someone else Wii (in fact it's for my work mate's children)

I like Xflak's channel (animation and autobooting option), but I don't like the music for a loader sorry
frown.gif

Not the music itself, but the fact it has that particular music on a channel, imagine you want to play at night, your family is sleeping, BAM the music wake up everyone x_x

Else than that, I would like it.

I don't like Rahoul's one, because there's Rahoul instead of "neogamma" and wiipower everywhere. (for me I don't care, but to install on someone else Wii, it's just strange)

Davidsl chanel is nice, I tested the latest Davidsl Channel with the autoboot from Xflak.

Person66 has calm music, original channel animation without personal name on it.
No autoboot, but it's ok (I think I will use the wad+forwarder included version)

is it possible to have all the options mixed ?
Channel + autoboot + integrated forwarder if present on SDcard.

Result :
I'm voting for Davidsl channels with autoboot from Xflak (if vote counts
tongue.gif
)

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Assassination said:
I prefer with person66 channel...it has cool music with the cool animation. Xflak channel is cool too but i dont like the music

yeah it was taken from my Softchip channel

so that means he would have to credit every one he took snippets from

Uniiloader Channel Maker/s For the base
matriculated for the icon
me for the channel sound

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/gnXkwfS got this because it shows v draws also