NEO: The World Ends With You confirms launch date for this July

The follow up to the Nintendo DS RPG The World Ends with You now has a concrete release date. Square Enix has announced that NEO: The World Ends with You will be out on July 27th of this year, worldwide. It’ll be available on both the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch, with an Epic Games Store exclusive PC version arriving a little while later, though still in that Summer release window.

The long-awaited follow-up to the RPG classic The World Ends with You follows protagonist, Rindo, as he explores the heart of Tokyo to uncover the mysteries behind the sinister “Reapers’ Game,” a life-or-death battle for survival in which he has been forced to take part. A new trailer, that debuted today, offers an introduction to a new cast of characters, a vibrant and fashionable equipment system, the game’s hyper-stylish action battle system, and much more.

D

Deleted User

Maybe I'd give it a try if Square would put effort into the pre-release. The last time I heard about this game was when it was announced. I didn't even know the name!

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I'd give it a try if Square would put effort into the pre-release. The last time I heard about this game was when it was announced. I didn't even know the name!
it had the name as part of the teaser and...well...it was just a teaser at first. it's actually refreshing to have a company not overhype a launch and blow expectations higher then they should be for once

Reactions: Deleted User

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, that’s exactly how they ran the promotion for the original game. Kind of sad, because it eclipses everything else they’ve done in the past 13 years by far. Marketing probably blew all the budget pushing Kingdom Hearts spin-offs and rereleases.

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
If this get's reviews above the 'standart square enix pedestal' 75 I'll get it, for science.

Since they already butchered KH and FF beyond recognition, let's see how this joins SE's latest "How to kill all my franchises in a year or less"-Masterplan.

Also:
Seems EPIC is SE's new sugarparent* now.
Huh. Seems piracy is a concept that they don't think exists on PC.
Great logic. These ppl have the most critical thinkers of the industry indeed. Not
Always good to see how well they fullfill (the already low) expectations. As in: Never

*revised for genderneutrality™

Last edited by Deleted member 514389,
Reactions: RichardTheKing

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Since they already butchered KH and FF beyond recognition, let's see how this joins SE's latest "How to kill all my franchises in a year or less"-Masterplan.
I only really enjoyed Kingdom Hearts II (Final Mix on PS4) and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (PC, because mods). The rest of those series...eh. Played some KH1 and 3, and some FF9 and 7 (and finished 4 DS once), and just couldn't get into them for various reasons.
My favourite Square-Enix JRPGs have to be Bravely Default and Bravely Second, for sure.

DannX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Let's goooooooo!

I am super excited for this, the previous on the DS is one of my favorite RPGs ever for its unique gameplay and visual style, and this one is looking pretty good.

Interestingly they sure are taking steps in bringing more of their games to Epic Games exclusive.

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I worry that the battle system will grow dull if fights are nearly as frequent as they were in TWEWY; which already had really bad repetition issues near the end. However, the story looks on point and these characters seem just as unique and lovable as the original cast of TWEWY and I couldn't be more pleased
BUT OH MY GOD THEY GOT NEKU BACK IN THIS GAME I HAD A LITTLE FANBOY MOMENT
I appreciate you, kind sir

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everything looks good so far, though i'll definitely miss the DS combat. But it's hard to even match it these days let alone beat it. I guess we'll see. It does at least look cool.

The story seems pretty wild, there's a lot of damn characters and it seems to span two different regions so that'll be interesting.

Hype

Reactions: DS1 and Ricken

Super.Nova

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Persona 5 Strikers is great, and it's already out. There's also Mass Effect, next month. So...yeah, not much, but definitely something.
Just to make sure, should I have played any previous Persona titles before this to get into it?
I've been very intrigued to play it but I don't have much time to commit to more than one game every couple of months.

Not much of a fan of Mass Effect games and all the blunders they had didn't inspire much confidence to start them at any point this far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny