Hacking Needing help with Mocha CFW and Loadiine 5.5.2U w/ Haxchi

GaryPwns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a Black 32GB 5.5.2 Haxchi softmodded US Wii U. I have the files on both USB (32GB), and the SD Card (64GB partitioned from redNAND).

Okay so my config.txt has been switched to this:

a=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
x=wiiu/apps/ftpiiu/ftpiiu.elf
y=wiiu/apps/loadiine_gx2/loadiine_gx2.elf
default=wiiu/apps/mochacfw/mocha.elf
(I changed it to /mochacfw/ to tell the difference between normal Mocha and this USB version.)

This loads the USB Mocha build provided here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/playing-loadiine-games-from-hdd-thanks-to-mocha-cfw.460774/

I can load into this build just fine but when I go to load Homebrew Launcher or Loadiine GX2 it crashes everything.

When loading from the USB Mocha:
HBL gives me a black screen that says "-5" in the top left corner and thats it.
Loadiine GX2 (forwarder from https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-loadiine-forwarder-channel.455939/) gives me a blue screen and then crashes.

Maybe I just dont know how to use these properly? Im not sure.

Im pretty stumped. I cant get redNAND to load at all (Dumped it 3 times perfectly but redNAND cannot find the backup on the USB.)
Any and all help is deeply appreciated.
Thank you in advance :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what I recall, the forwarder needs a specific version of loadiine or it will be stuck on a blue screen. I remember testing this. as for the -5 error, that means there's something wrong with the sd card whether it's not being able to find the elf file or something being corrupted.

Reactions: GaryPwns

GaryPwns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what I recall, the forwarder needs a specific version of loadiine or it will be stuck on a blue screen. I remember testing this. as for the -5 error, that means there's something wrong with the sd card whether it's not being able to find the elf file or something being corrupted.

Alright, do you know what version it may be?

I wonder whats corrupt as well because outside of the Mocha USB I can load HBL fine. Works for normal Mocha as well.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, do you know what version it may be?

I wonder whats corrupt as well because outside of the Mocha USB I can load HBL fine. Works for normal Mocha as well.

this should be it: https://github.com/billy-acuna/loadiine_gx2/releases/tag/y1.0.1u1

I'm not sure what's causing that error. if everything else is working fine, then it has something to do with the file's location. you'll get that error if the system can't find the specified file. it's usually a -5 or a -3 error - not sure of the difference, but both relate to something being wrong on the sd card.

GaryPwns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My HBL is at
SD:/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
SD:/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher.elf
SD:/wiiu/apps/homebrewlauncher.elf

Same on USB.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

this should be it: https://github.com/billy-acuna/loadiine_gx2/releases/tag/y1.0.1u1

I'm not sure what's causing that error. if everything else is working fine, then it has something to do with the file's location. you'll get that error if the system can't find the specified file. it's usually a -5 or a -3 error - not sure of the difference, but both relate to something being wrong on the sd card.

Also, Ive added the loadiine version youve provided and it still goes to blue screen

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure then. copy all the stuff from the sd card to your pc, then format the sd card and copy everything back. see if that works.

GaryPwns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Even tried another SD and nothing. Same errors.

Found out that if I boot normal Mocha I can use the forwarder. But I need to load from USB... Any way I can do that?

I'm not sure then. copy all the stuff from the sd card to your pc, then format the sd card and copy everything back. see if that works.

Does it matter what slot the USB is in?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll ask the obvious question here. If you have HaxChi why are you using Mocha and redNAND? HaxChi will do everything you need if you set it up to launch HaxChi CFW. Forget about Mocha and especially forget about the old outdated redNAND.

GaryPwns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll ask the obvious question here. If you have HaxChi why are you using Mocha and redNAND? HaxChi will do everything you need if you set it up to launch HaxChi CFW. Forget about Mocha and especially forget about the old outdated redNAND.
Because Im trying to use Loadiine for my games instead of installing them to an External. Thought this would be easier.

Im new to the Wii U scene is why I only knew about Loadiine. Can you point me ion the direction for using HaxChi CFW? Also will I be able to use Loadiine off of USB or do I still have to install my games to an external?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because Im trying to use Loadiine for my games instead of installing them to an External. Thought this would be easier.

Im new to the Wii U scene is why I only knew about Loadiine. Can you point me ion the direction for using HaxChi CFW? Also will I be able to use Loadiine off of USB or do I still have to install my games to an external?
Since you said your new I'd recommend 1st reading through my noob guide (in my sig and stickys) then come back here with questions.

Loadiine was the very first method for playing game backups. It's slow, prone to error and you cannot play online. I recommend using HaxChi and WUP installer method. It works great!

Krazyeye

Hellooo Nurse!
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Since you said your new I'd recommend 1st reading through my noob guide (in my sig and stickys) then come back here with questions.

Loadiine was the very first method for playing game backups. It's slow, prone to error and you cannot play online. I recommend using HaxChi and WUP installer method. It works great!
Totally agree! I've used the Loadiine method when first getting into the WiiU hack scene. Haxchi & WUP Installer method will change your life! Super easy to use once setup & majority games work flawless :)

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Totally agree! I've used the Loadiine method when first getting into the WiiU hack scene. Haxchi & WUP Installer method will change your life! Super easy to use once setup & majority games work flawless :)
Yes, then add CBHC (don't even get me started with brick risk replies) and you're all set.

Months now with CBHC and HaxChi CFW and I couldn't be happier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-