Gaming Need suggestions for what to play

kosterix

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords for DS is the perfect game for you. I actually finished it (as paladin, but there are wizard archer and whatnot). It's great for casual play and has a X marks the spot thing (max 4 quests) to keep you on track.
Avoid PQ2 tho, and avoid PQ:Galactrix, these suck.

If you like puzzles, Joan Jade and the Gates of Xibalba offers varied doable puzzles.

Like you I couldn't finish any FF, due to so many dead points in these games. Dragon Quest has the same problem. Chrono Trigger is overall boring (save for some minor nice points), don't believe the hype from nostalgic players.

Last edited by kosterix,

Oschara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could try monster hunter stories. Its partial translation but soon will have full translation.

Last edited by Oschara,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm in a bit of a game slump... I typically have horrible game ADD and it doesn't help. I think the only games I've finished on 3ds are each Pokemon game, A link between worlds, and Zero Time Dilemma. Other than that, I have a hard time sticking to games.

I am not sure what I am looking for, but I keep sitting here wishing there was something along the lines of untold legends, ni no kuni, phantasy star online, enchanted arms, jade cocoon, etc etc.

I like RPGs, but I specifically like monster collection RPGs most it seems. I've never played a full final fantasy game because the party/drawn out story rpg genre isn't big with me.

I'm also a huge fan of hack and slash or loot games, which is why I love games like untold legends and PSO.

That all being said, I've tried LBX, RF4, Fantasy Life, EOUS2, MHG, Yokai, SMT4 Devil Summoner and quite a few others... none of them are hitting the spot.

I know a lot of people rave about the Monster Hunter series but I can't stomach it. I hate precise or slow combat and feel its really clunky at times. Plus, I would rather feel like a god and mow down all the monsters with ease.

The rest of the games, I feel like there is too much talking or they are horribly dated. I get bored and can't continue.

I am contemplating digging out my R4i since it seems like there are a lot of good DS games i may enjoy such as Digimon, PS0, or DQM.. but I worry the graphics or dated style may completely turn me off.

Anyways, if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears :)
I'm a lot like you, I have trouble completing games as well, except for the very rare occasion when I get hooked on a game and can't get enough of it. I guess "Game ADD" is a pretty accurate description for it. Or the more popular description "Pirate's Syndrome"
Give Mario & Luigi Dream Team a try, I loved it.

Oschara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a lot like you, I have trouble completing games as well, except for the very rare occasion when I get hooked on a game and can't get enough of it. I guess "Game ADD" is a pretty accurate description for it. Or the more popular description "Pirate's Syndrome"
Give Mario & Luigi Dream Team a try, I loved it.

The binding of Isaac has me hooked. Haven't been hooked to a game like I am with Isaac in such a LONG time.

freyaN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try 7th dragon code, it's a cute and well-made very customizable rpg.
Or try Project Cross Zone & Project X Zone.
Also try Battle maiden. Good for when you're bored, but not great for story !

Good luck !

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol I don't hate all FF games, I played FF14 a lot but of course it's not your typical FF game and I am an MMO fiend. I'll def give FFE a shot.

I actually played MHG for another hour or so yesterday to try to force myself to enjoy it lol. I have been trying LS and it's faster/usable, but the fact that the attacks are about a 2 degree area in front of me, I'm always missing small animals lol. I also hate that I can't change direction mid combo, that is what makes it sluggish and slow to me. I wouldn't mind wasting a swing because I miss calculated the monsters move, but I'd like my next attack to be in the direction I am pushing my thumbstick without having to wait so long for my character to come out of his first animation. Oh and, when my attack throws the Monster completely out of my next attacks range.. that's obnoxious too :(

I also tried the LBG and actually kinda liked it. Who wouldn't like blowing things up with missiles? Lol so, I was enjoying LBG, until I started the mission to get the little deer horns. They run all over the place, take 3 bullets to drop, and never drop their horns -_-; I basically rage quit again after that lol

Do you have any other suggestions for weapons I may enjoy? I love long swords arcing swing for powering up the blade but of course that's not always usable. I wish there was a weapon that had arcing slashes as their attacks and not pinpoint frontal bashes for everything.
Things will get easier as you upgrade / make new equipment. Small monsters will go down in 1 hit easy. As far as the combo issue, you can dodge roll mid combo to interrupt it, then start a different combo. Knocking monsters away only happens with upward swings, so avoid those if you dont wanna send them flying. Easiest way to drop the small guys, run at them and hit the button to do a running unsheath attack, then keep mashing the button for follow up attacks. As far as other weapons to try, I personally love the charge blade. The insect glaive is pretty fun too.

Zetman

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Everyone like monster hunter. I don't like games like monster hunter or final fintasy explorers because there is no story, just missions and it becomes boring.

mike a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So uh.. you thought pq2 and galatrix sucked lol I could see that with galactrix cuz of the stupid warp gate puzzles, but how could you not like pq2! It is the definitely the best of the whole series.

But as for me I am somewhat like this guy, standard turn based rpgs bore me, and a lot of the time I just like quick pick up and play games.

Hey for a change of pace try nano assault ex. It's a shmup game that is actually pretty cool. If it doesn't have to be an rpg try that one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    wget "Microsoft edge.exe"
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm using linux mint on my other machine, works decent
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    deltree c:\windows\system32\*.* :tpi:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Why not stick to your other machine, no?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    my other machine is old, mostly used for just browsing , some multimedia stuff as it's just old
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music