Homebrew Need some help clarifying a few things reguarding installing Homebrew on Old 3DS 11.6.0-39U

Srs1992

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help on how to go about installing Homebrew for my Old 3DS on 11.6.0-39U so many flashcarts to choose from! Which one is the best one out of the list? Like simple and easy. My end goal is just to install Homebrew and the stuff needed to generate this patch. I won’t use the hacking for anything else:

story-of-seasons-trio-of-towns-hamtaro-cheburshka-restoration-patch(cant link due to being a newbie, buts its a thread on the gbatemp site)

just that. Is there a card that’s pretty simple and can do just pretty much what I linked to?(as in not a ton of functions on it. I know the stuff doesnt come pre-installed, I just need an easy to navigate card)

Also do you absolutlely have to have another 3ds or ds to use the ntrsboot flashing needed to hack the 3DS? All I have is a DS Lite. Btw sorry if my questions are Noobish. Im new to this. ^__^;

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help on how to go about installing Homebrew for my Old 3DS on 11.6.0-39U so many flashcarts to choose from! Which one is the best one out of the list? Like simple and easy. My end goal is just to install Homebrew and the stuff needed to generate this patch. I won’t use the hacking for anything else:

story-of-seasons-trio-of-towns-hamtaro-cheburshka-restoration-patch(cant link due to being a newbie, buts its a thread on the gbatemp site)

just that. Is there a card that’s pretty simple and can do just pretty much what I linked to?(as in not a ton of functions on it. I know the stuff doesnt come pre-installed, I just need an easy to navigate card)

Also do you absolutlely have to have another 3ds or ds to use the ntrsboot flashing needed to hack the 3DS? All I have is a DS Lite. Btw sorry if my questions are Noobish. Im new to this. ^__^;

You can get the R4 SDHC (2014 or later) which is just $10, it's the cheapest option if you dont plan on relying on it for DS games in the future since it has a time bomb.
If you did care for DS games on a long term flashcard, get the R4i Gold Plus for $20. Both carts don't require another 3DS to install ntrboot on it. Especially the R4i Gold Plus which has a switch on it to instantly enable ntrboot just like that. This chart helps you see compatible flashcards: https://i.imgur.com/XRMLJOl.jpg

Also if you don't want to spend $10 or $20, you can spend $2 on a cheap method called seedminer. Basically if you brute force a specific file from your 3DS, you can get a file you normally can't get and setup a Dsiware exploit to install boot9strap. Someone can even brute force for you using their PC. I've helped two people brute force before with mine.

Last edited by MattKimura,

Srs1992

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can get the R4 SDHC (2014 or later) which is just $10, it's the cheapest option if you dont plan on relying on it for DS games in the future since it has a time bomb.
If you did care for DS games on a long term flashcard, get the R4i Gold Plus for $20. Both carts don't require another 3DS to install ntrboot on it. Especially the R4i Gold Plus which has a switch on it to instantly enable ntrboot just like that. This chart helps you see compatible flashcards:

Also if you don't want to spend $10 or $20, you can spend $2 on a cheap method called seedminer. Basically if you brute force a specific file from your 3DS, you can get a file you normally can't get and setup a Dsiware exploit to install boot9strap. Someone can even brute force for you using their PC. I've helped two people brute force before with mine.

You said R4i Gold Plus has a switch on it to instantly enable ntrboot, does this mean ntrboot is already on it? If not, which is easier for someone that is not that good with computers? Flashcarts or seedminer?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You said R4i Gold Plus has a switch on it to instantly enable ntrboot, does this mean ntrboot is already on it? If not, which is easier for someone that is not that good with computers? Flashcarts or seedminer?
Seedminer is much easier if you have someone do most of the work for you such as the brute forcing part. But the R4i gold plus is actually the easiest and you can hack as much 3DS as you want with it.
Yup it has ntrboot already on it if you just flip the switch. All you need is a magnet and some file son the SD card. you can flip it back to DS flashcard mode for DS games.

Srs1992

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seedminer is much easier if you have someone do most of the work for you such as the brute forcing part. But the R4i gold plus is actually the easiest and you can hack as much 3DS as you want with it.
Yup it has ntrboot already on it if you just flip the switch. All you need is a magnet and some file son the SD card. you can flip it back to DS flashcard mode for DS games.

Sweet! So if it has ntrboot already on it, do I no longer need bootstrap9, or do I still need to install bootstrap9? Do I need Homebrew to still use Luma 3ds, or does the R4i Gold Plus act like a replacement Homebrew?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet! So if it has ntrboot already on it, do I no longer need bootstrap9, or do I still need to install bootstrap9? Do I need Homebrew to still use Luma 3ds, or does the R4i Gold Plus act like a replacement Homebrew?
Nope gotta install boot9strap. Ntrboot helps you to do just that on any 3DS. Then you can run homebrew and have Luma CFW setup. Once you install boot9strap you wont need ntrboot from the flashcard anymore unless you had other 3DS that needs boot9strap installed.
Boot9strap is a custom boot loader, which can load luma3DS cfw on bootup.

Srs1992

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. So I got an R4i Gold Plus from 3Ds-flashcart.com as I couldn’t find anywhere else that carried it. Are they legit? I ordered it yesterday but havn’t recieved a confirmation or tracking number yet. Im getting worried.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ntrboot was significantly easier than seedminer in my experience.
I found seedminer easy in my experience only because I did all the brute forcing, file work, and basically making it so that user didn't have to do anything. But if the user has to do everything on their own, then heck yeah ntrboot is definitely recommended for someone who's going to do it themselves. In the case of ME helping someone else with hacking, I would recommend seedminer because its cheaper and doesn't require waiting for shipping.

Yep. So I got an R4i Gold Plus from 3Ds-flashcart.com as I couldn’t find anywhere else that carried it. Are they legit? I ordered it yesterday but havn’t recieved a confirmation or tracking number yet. Im getting worried.
nds-card is the best site to get it from legitimately and its the sponsor of gbatemp. $20 flat and free shipping
https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575

I believe I purchased from 3ds-flashcard in the past before when I bought a Supercard DSTwo back then. I do not know anything about it though. Just remember that these flashcard manufaturers are located in china so the shipping takes long and they have their own way of doing things compared to Amazon when it comes to emails, tracking, notifications, etc.
Im sure you will get your order shipped. But the main thing that people worry about is if the card will be legitimate and not a clone or a fake. Which is why people just shop from nds-card to get that guarantee of it being real. Shop anywhere else and its all a chance. High chances of it being legit though I'd say.

Last edited by MattKimura,

Srs1992

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found seedminer easy in my experience only because I did all the brute forcing, file work, and basically making it so that user didn't have to do anything. But if the user has to do everything on their own, then heck yeah ntrboot is definitely recommended for someone who's going to do it themselves. In the case of ME helping someone else with hacking, I would recommend seedminer because its cheaper and doesn't require waiting for shipping.

nds-card is the best site to get it from legitimately and its the sponsor of gbatemp. $20 flat and free shipping
https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575

I believe I purchased from 3ds-flashcard in the past before when I bought a Supercard DSTwo back then. I do not know anything about it though. Just remember that these flashcard manufaturers are located in china so the shipping takes long and they have their own way of doing things compared to Amazon when it comes to emails, tracking, notifications, etc.
Im sure you will get your order shipped. But the main thing that people worry about is if the card will be legitimate and not a clone or a fake. Which is why people just shop from nds-card to get that guarantee of it being real. Shop anywhere else and its all a chance. High chances of it being legit though I'd say.
Yep just got my confirmation email last night. I was going to use nds-card, but the instructions of using paypal offline threw me for a loop. I didn’t know if it meant atm only or what ^^;(sorry dumb blonde here)so I went with 3ds-flashcart as it didnt have instructions like paying offline.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep just got my confirmation email last night. I was going to use nds-card, but the instructions of using paypal offline threw me for a loop. I didn’t know if it meant atm only or what ^^;(sorry dumb blonde here)so I went with 3ds-flashcart as it didnt have instructions like paying offline.
You'll be fine, nothing to worry about really. This is the best flashcard you can get, a very powerful tool to hack any 3DS. Plus it comes with a small magnet needed for ntrboot. All it will take is just placing the flashcard into the 3DS, placing the magnet in its sweetspot, holding start select X and Power. Once you let go you will be able to install boot9strap instantly! 3DS hacking has never been this easy back then. With someone's side by side help, this process actually gets even easier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...