Gaming Need some advice!

funknjunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So heres the deal. I just recently bought a 360 premium off ebay. At first it was working fine but then I got the red ring of death several times, I used some blanket method or something to revive it i guess. But today the video went at wack, the colors were way messed up while i was playing, and now i cant even get video to show up, its this black and white fuzzy thing. I tried the methods to get it to work and resetting the video on the 360 but its still not working. So I'm wondering should I return the thing to the user that sold it to me or use the 360 warranty to replace it. I looked up on from the seller i bought from and they said I'd have to pay shipping to return, goddammit. But I'm really unsure of how to approach this.

jesuschristmonke

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is an ideal experience for learning to do right.

#1. Don't deal with flea-bay. I don't care if you can't find an autographed Hanna Montana DVD set locally. Don't do it. You will eventually lose money to some fool so far away that you can't damage him or his personal property.

#2. Don't buy xbox 360. This has a proven failure rate higher than the Ford Edsel. Reading a thousand stories of people having to trade in their 360's should have been enough warning.

#3. Don't buy 360's off of flea-bay. Of course your xbox 360 is faulty, you think someone would have sold a good one? You could have bought a PS3 for a little more and had a unit that works indefinitely. And then you can play GTA4 and jack fools for they blingin' sleds instead of wondering how to get your money back.

#4. I hope you used a credit card of some sort, they should allow you to charge it back and throw the junk 360 in the dumpster.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
^^ Don't listen to him ^^

The tower trick deos not work and is not recommended. You can send it back to the seller, easy than waiting ages for Microsoft

Next time you get RROD don't try to fix it yourself because you will makes things worse, you could have researched and found a guide on X-Clamp fix which works perfectly in restoring dead 360's.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
eBay is not that bad when you buy new stuff. I avoid used items usually.

With 360s it is not a smart idea to buy it used.

funknjunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prime said:
^^ Don't listen to him ^^

The tower trick deos not work and is not recommended. You can send it back to the seller, easy than waiting ages for Microsoft

Next time you get RROD don't try to fix it yourself because you will makes things worse, you could have researched and found a guide on X-Clamp fix which works perfectly in restoring dead 360's.

Hmm I suppose. I just hate the idea of paying for exchanging crap hardware. I wish ebay had a policy of seller having to pay for shipping when the item wasn't in correct condition. I thought it was new when I bought it but apparently the bastard had it opened up already.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'd like to find a power strip and HDMI selector built in 1 unit, so I can select which game...