Geren

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, I'm a little bit late to the party but I recently got an used psp 2000, and it was already hacked. So far it's been wonderful: I've ran many games, psx eboots, emulators, homebrew and even got DLC working without issues.

Now, the cfw that this psp came with is PROMOD B-10. Right now it seems the latest version is PRO C2 or something like that. Another thing to note it's that this psp has a free board, as it's TA-085v2 (PSPIdent informs) meaning that it can run a permanent fw.

I was reading that the PRO fw usually it's a temporal patch that disappears when the system turns off, but in my case, even if I turn the system off, the cfw it's still there. This probably means that it has a permanent patch, or that perhaps it's got something to do with this "MOD" of the pro fw.

Is there any way to find out if I have a permanent patch?
Should I update to PRO C-2 or should I stay with this fw as everything appears to be working nicely?
Is there any benefit of updating the cfw?

Finally, this is a silver model, but has black buttons. Is there any official combinations of colors like this or is it also a modification?

Thanks in advance!

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dug my Go out the other day. I am also on 6.20 Pro B10. I was reading that the competition for Pro has updated within the last couple of weeks. I was also curious if a newer version of Pro meant much. As it sits, I am in mostly the same boat you are. That said, I have not run into any issues with my current setup. It has run anything I have thrown at it just fine.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it does everything you want, then there's no reason to update. Pro-C offers a NoDRM engine for DLC and a shaky online mode for some games with a lot of tweaking. If those don't interest you, then don't bother. C2 has a bug that prevents PSX PSN games from running, but there's an unofficial build that fixes it over on Wololo.

Nachtoid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it does everything you want, then there's no reason to update. Pro-C offers a NoDRM engine for DLC and a shaky online mode for some games with a lot of tweaking. If those don't interest you, then don't bother. C2 has a bug that prevents PSX PSN games from running, but there's an unofficial build that fixes it over on Wololo.

Are you talking about that nightly build that someone compiled?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock