XP
Country
United States

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
you confused about 90% people who read your post...
VGA adapter is the name of a converter that converts your output video stream to another type of output stream that is supported by your video card, now if you want to connect your Wii to your PC and capture the Wii stream while streaming it to the screen in order to play you have to buy a capture device, you can't cut from your cables another cable and connect your PC with your Wii and Screen - even if it's done physicilly it will split the stream, that's why you HAVE to buy a device that duplicates your output of the Wii video stream to both screen and PC, named capture device, not VGA converter

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Lol nah. I don't need capture card. Cuz I lost my easycap or accident throw away the trash. I just want play my wii on monitor while other people use tv to watch.
Why can't you buy a converter between HDMI\VGA\DVI and three bananas (RCA) that the Wii uses? your PC can't understand RCA beyond the audio banana being connected to the AUX audio input of the PC, if you wonder about the other RCA\banana connections, they are still the sound card, and the sound card processes just sound

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
When I start order VGA adapter for video game for computer or laptop, I read people's review. I don't know if they are right or wrong. They said I need to get vga adapter converter. So do I have to buy VGA adapter converter?

[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dluAH1sPO0Y[/media]

When I look up in Amazon, I am guessing that this will work without VGA adapter. If I am right or wrong.

http://www.amazon.co...+adapter+to+wii

A VGA adapter will work with your computer monitor. You can't use it with a laptop.
A USB capture card would work with your laptop though, and you'd be able to record game footage as well.

Wait, you want to connect your Wii to your monitor, and record and play? Can't you use a capture card?
Any way, use a RCA that has a VGA port at the end.
That's the method I would use. A basic capture card with composite inputs doesn't cost much. Component inputs push the price up though.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait, you want to connect your Wii to your monitor, and record and play? Can't you use a capture card?
Any way, use a RCA that has a VGA port at the end.
That's the method I would use. A basic capture card with composite inputs doesn't cost much. Component inputs push the price up though.
Mmhm, indeed, I actually remember seeing this device (Forgot it's name) it was a USB and if you connected it to your device, there were buttons on the USB to record, and when your done, you can play them on your computer..
I can't remember what it's called!

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I would agree to the fact that this post is confusing but if you watch the video it help understanding.

You bought a crappy(cheap?) cable from macy's that has VGA on one end and RCA to the other and tought It could help you play wii on your computers monitor.

In order to acheive that you need a converter , just a cable will not work.

This is just for the video as VGA only is video. Hooking up audio is fairly easy and cheap depends on what you have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, would you recommend playing n64 games on a ps3 through retroarch?