Hacking Need help with updating a semi-bricked Wii (Opera error)

Bobo34

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Did this eventually work for Master_yoda? I'm curious because I'm kind of in the same boat. I bought my wii over 10 years ago in Japan. I soldered the chip. Put it in my closet for years. Busted it out one day and threw in a US game and ran the update and semibricked it (can't access settings). Then it went back into the closet until this week when my son was interested in playing Mario Kart. I never installed HBC on it. I've tried almost everything (bannerbomb and everything in this thread) but nothing seems to work. The SD menu says it's reading my card and then either populates the menu with a question mark, corrupted files error, or just empty little windows. I really want to get the MAC address to try letterbomb or connect to WIFI but I need to get to the settings. Would getting a USB LAN adapter work? I've pulled it apart and couldn't locate the MAC address posted anywhere inside. I have version 4.x because I do have the SD card icon on the menu page. Now it's just a battle of wills to beat this pesky little device. Would getting some new game that has an update on it do the job and open up my settings again?

Jasjar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Australia
Did this eventually work for Master_yoda? I'm curious because I'm kind of in the same boat. I bought my wii over 10 years ago in Japan. I soldered the chip. Put it in my closet for years. Busted it out one day and threw in a US game and ran the update and semibricked it (can't access settings). Then it went back into the closet until this week when my son was interested in playing Mario Kart. I never installed HBC on it. I've tried almost everything (bannerbomb and everything in this thread) but nothing seems to work. The SD menu says it's reading my card and then either populates the menu with a question mark, corrupted files error, or just empty little windows. I really want to get the MAC address to try letterbomb or connect to WIFI but I need to get to the settings. Would getting a USB LAN adapter work? I've pulled it apart and couldn't locate the MAC address posted anywhere inside. I have version 4.x because I do have the SD card icon on the menu page. Now it's just a battle of wills to beat this pesky little device. Would getting some new game that has an update on it do the job and open up my settings again?
Hmm, this kind of semi brick is a bit tricky to solve. Getting a usb adaptor would only be a useful on system menu 4.3, since you could run flashhax (an exploit that uses the internet channel). Usually just getting a game and updating will fix a semi brick, but the problem is that you updated with a US disk on a JPN Wii. Updating with a US disk will only semi brick again since you have JP systemmenu files on the NAND. (It's amazing that your Wii ended up only semibricked, usually doing something like that would result in a fullbrick.) So you need to update with a JP disk with 4.3 on the update partition. There's a chance of full-bricking though. Still, that's really the only sane, non-complicated way to fix it... Since you have a modchip, I'm guessing that the one you have has the ability to read burnt disks. If so, you don't have to worry about finding a JP disk, you can simply burn one from an iso found on the internet. (by the way, only DVD-R's work, DVD-RW's don't).

Last edited by Jasjar,

jpgatito

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
excuse me my wii dont have hombrew launcher

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

excuse me my wii doesn't have the homebrew laucher

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
excuse me my wii dont have hombrew launcher

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

excuse me my wii doesn't have the homebrew laucher

Hello.:)

That is a unfortunately a little small Information from you and your Wii.:(

Can you please tell us

- How did you Mod your Wii ?
- Which Tutorial/Manual did you use ?
- On which Wii System Software Version is your Wii please ?
- Which Applications/Tools for the Wii did you use ?
- Can you maybe post a sysCheck fro myour Wii for us ?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

That would help a lot for us to helping you.:)

Thank you for your assistance.:)

Reactions: jeannotte

verrypassant

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hi hello.
i need help for my wii US. my wii state now is , my wii setting eror, it display screen "you tried to access the address mac EU .."

havent install hbc yet. so i cant submit sysCheck.
never been jailbreak / use memory card to install anything.

i dont know what happens before this error, me and kids using the wii about 10 years ago. cant remember why this happening.
please help. thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo