Hacking Homebrew Need Help with themes!

pichuluv84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my Wii U homebrewed and I'm attempting to install a theme to the Wii U menu, I run Aroma Beta 16 and when I try to return to Wii U menu after installing the theme with theme-manager and it'll freeze up at "Wii U Menu" with the loading sound. Any help?!

FIXED: Did the unsafe way by doing the FTPiiU_Everywhere way.

Last edited by pichuluv84,

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
See what?
SDIO posted 2 links.
1st is gbatemp: https://gbatemp.net/threads/fix-bad-wii-u-theme.638054/
Another one is from reddit (eww). Unless for some reason you can't see them.

Reddit:
"Aight, here is how you fix it (made for windows computers):
PREREQUISITES:
  • Your Wii U's IP address (you can find it pretty easily if you open any kind of Wii U FTP Server homebrew (FTPiiU, FTPiiU everywhere, WiiUFTPServer, etc.)
  • A PC loaded with...
    • Python
    • wupclient (unzip, but do not extract wupclient.py out of it's folder. It doesn't really matter if you do, but it semi-helps if you don't) warning: clicking on the link will instantly start a download
    • A different way to download wupclient, in case the first way doesn't work (once the page loads, press ctrl + s and save it to your computer)
STEPS:
  1. Turn on your Wii U and make sure it and your computer is connected to the same network
  2. Open wupclient.py with notepad or some kind of text editor, and change the ip= part of line 30 (def __init__(self, ip='192.168.178.27', port=1337):)to reflect your own Wii U's IP address. Save your changes.
    1. Don't forget to surround it in single quotes!
    2. DO NOT TOUCH THE PORT PART OF THE CODE!!!!
  3. Set up Python if you haven't already
  4. Navigate to where you saved wupclient.py, and in the address bar, type cmd, then press enter. You should have opened command prompt in the folder that wupclient is in
    1. If that doesn't work, then...
      1. navigate to where you saved wupclient.py, then copy its file directory via the right click menu
      2. Open the terminal as normal
      3. type the command cd /d [file directory here]
  5. In the terminal, run py -3 -i wupclient``.py. You should see a bunch of (hexadecimal) numbers print in the command line
    1. In other operating systems than Windows, run python -i wupclient.py instead
  6. Once it's confirmed up and running, copy/paste the following commands depending on your Wii U's region:
    1. JP/JAP Wii U
      1. run w.chmod("/vol/storage_mlc01/sys/title/00050010/10040000/content/Common/Package/Men.pack", 0x660)
      2. After that's done, run w.chmod("/vol/storage_mlc01/sys/title/00050010/10040000/content/Common/Package/Men2.pack", 0x660)
    2. NTSC/US Wii U
      1. run w.chmod("/vol/storage_mlc01/sys/title/00050010/10040100/content/Common/Package/Men.pack", 0x660)
      2. After that's done, run w.chmod("/vol/storage_mlc01/sys/title/00050010/10040100/content/Common/Package/Men2.pack", 0x660)
    3. EUR/PAL Wii U
      1. run w.chmod("/vol/storage_mlc01/sys/title/00050010/10040200/content/Common/Package/Men.pack", 0x660)
      2. After that's done, run w.chmod("/vol/storage_mlc01/sys/title/00050010/10040200/content/Common/Package/Men2.pack", 0x660)
  7. After the commands are done processing (it might be a bit slow), run these final 2 commands (in the order shown):
    1. flush_mlc() <--- "Saves" the changes you made to NAND
    2. ios_reset() <--- Shuts down the console
  8. The Wii U should restart (if it hasn't restart the Wii U manually), and now your self-brick has bricked no more!
CREDITS:
- The wupclient writeup in the wii u hacks wiki
- gbatemp user Lzar1026, as this is essentially their guide, but a tiny bit more hand-holdy
- GaryOderNichts for making wupclient in the first place
- u/unbricku for essentially beating me to what I was gonna say lol
Tell me if something goes wrong and I'll help ya out! And sorry for the late reply"

pichuluv84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SDIO posted 2 links.
1st is gbatemp: https://gbatemp.net/threads/fix-bad-wii-u-theme.638054/
Another one is from reddit (eww). Unless for some reason you can't see them.

Reddit:
"Aight, here is how you fix it (made for windows computers):
PREREQUISITES:
  • Your Wii U's IP address (you can find it pretty easily if you open any kind of Wii U FTP Server homebrew (FTPiiU, FTPiiU everywhere, WiiUFTPServer, etc.)
  • A PC loaded with...
    • Python
    • wupclient (unzip, but do not extract wupclient.py out of it's folder. It doesn't really matter if you do, but it semi-helps if you don't) warning: clicking on the link will instantly start a download
    • A different way to download wupclient, in case the first way doesn't work (once the page loads, press ctrl + s and save it to your computer)
STEPS:
  1. Turn on your Wii U and make sure it and your computer is connected to the same network
  2. Open wupclient.py with notepad or some kind of text editor, and change the ip= part of line 30 (def __init__(self, ip='192.168.178.27', port=1337):)to reflect your own Wii U's IP address. Save your changes.
    1. Don't forget to surround it in single quotes!
    2. DO NOT TOUCH THE PORT PART OF THE CODE!!!!
  3. Set up Python if you haven't already
  4. Navigate to where you saved wupclient.py, and in the address bar, type cmd, then press enter. You should have opened command prompt in the folder that wupclient is in
    1. If that doesn't work, then...
      1. navigate to where you saved wupclient.py, then copy its file directory via the right click menu
      2. Open the terminal as normal
      3. type the command cd /d [file directory here]
  5. In the terminal, run py -3 -i wupclient``.py. You should see a bunch of (hexadecimal) numbers print in the command line
    1. In other operating systems than Windows, run python -i wupclient.py instead
  6. Once it's confirmed up and running, copy/paste the following commands depending on your Wii U's region:
    1. JP/JAP Wii U
      1. run w.chmod("/vol/storage_mlc01/sys/title/00050010/10040000/content/Common/Package/Men.pack", 0x660)
      2. After that's done, run w.chmod("/vol/storage_mlc01/sys/title/00050010/10040000/content/Common/Package/Men2.pack", 0x660)
    2. NTSC/US Wii U
      1. run w.chmod("/vol/storage_mlc01/sys/title/00050010/10040100/content/Common/Package/Men.pack", 0x660)
      2. After that's done, run w.chmod("/vol/storage_mlc01/sys/title/00050010/10040100/content/Common/Package/Men2.pack", 0x660)
    3. EUR/PAL Wii U
      1. run w.chmod("/vol/storage_mlc01/sys/title/00050010/10040200/content/Common/Package/Men.pack", 0x660)
      2. After that's done, run w.chmod("/vol/storage_mlc01/sys/title/00050010/10040200/content/Common/Package/Men2.pack", 0x660)
  7. After the commands are done processing (it might be a bit slow), run these final 2 commands (in the order shown):
    1. flush_mlc() <--- "Saves" the changes you made to NAND
    2. ios_reset() <--- Shuts down the console
  8. The Wii U should restart (if it hasn't restart the Wii U manually), and now your self-brick has bricked no more!
CREDITS:
- The wupclient writeup in the wii u hacks wiki
- gbatemp user Lzar1026, as this is essentially their guide, but a tiny bit more hand-holdy
- GaryOderNichts for making wupclient in the first place
- u/unbricku for essentially beating me to what I was gonna say lol
Tell me if something goes wrong and I'll help ya out! And sorry for the late reply"
Wow.. So I'm guessing I cannot install a theme that actually works for Aroma's theme-manager included! I guess we should wait until an Aroma version of SDCafiine that can be downloaded through Homebrew App Store. I have seen that SDCafiine is easier to use since I did it with Tiramisu with themes and worked INSTANTLY.

Stan4d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my Wii U homebrewed and I'm attempting to install a theme to the Wii U menu, I run Aroma Beta 16 and when I try to return to Wii U menu after installing the theme with theme-manager and it'll freeze up at "Wii U Menu" with the loading sound. Any help?!

FIXED: Did the unsafe way by doing the FTPiiU_Everywhere way.
I had the same issue what helped was installing the latest version on theme-manager because I didn't realize i was on version 1.0

pichuluv84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue what helped was installing the latest version on theme-manager because I didn't realize i was on version 1.0
Wow! 1.0?!? Thats insane! Anyway DO NOT TRY TO use FTPiiu_Everywhere for installing a theme, this is really dangerous.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Sup