Hacking Need help with Snes emulator. PSP GO.

fossilfern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Got the SNES emulator installed and it all works until I try to launch a ROM. When I try to start a ROM it freezes for a few seconds and then the machine shuts down. Any help?

fossilfern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The link for Revision 25 doesnt seem to be working :/ any other links for the latest version ?

Edit: never mind all sorted. THANKS!

fossilfern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, there's a newer version here. The OP didn't compile and post the newest revision, but someone reliable did later in that thread.

Yeah using .26 but to be honest I am noticing some slow down in a few games I have played. Donkey Kong Country seems to be the worst for it. And the first fight with ridley in Super Metroid after he flys away the thing slows to single digit frame rate. Tried different renders but not really getting much of a boost. Any help?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah using .26 but to be honest I am noticing some slow down in a few games I have played. Donkey Kong Country seems to be the worst for it. And the first fight with ridley in Super Metroid after he flys away the thing slows to single digit frame rate. Tried different renders but not really getting much of a boost. Any help?
My general default settings are:

Engine: PSP accel. + accur. soft. (PSP Accelerated tends to be the fastest, but by itself there tends to be a lot of graphical glitches, that's why I also have accurate software randering on)
Frameskip: auto change below 9
VSync Yes
Sound mode: emulated, output (the mecm version uses the ME for audio, but it does have some overhead on the main processor, so disabling it does speed it up a slight amount)
Output frequency: 44100Hz
PSP Clockspeed: 333MHz

I haven't had any problem with these settings other than games like Star Fox. The options that matter the most are Engine and Clockspeed. VSync can cause some slowdown at times, but tearing bothers me more. Frameskip is on auto just cause it doesn't cost anything. Overall, I get consistent 60fps and haven't really had any troubles with it, other than the general problem SNES games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.